[REL] Howston G4 & G6 Carset - 1954 Endurance Racing

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by woochoo, Dec 8, 2014.

1. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hi buzz, thanks :)
    I'm not sure what might be happening to you with this. I used them successfully a couple of weeks ago.
    It's not quite clear in your text (it could be read either way) but do you have the original G4 and G6 cars from ISI installed?
    My skin package includes pretty much everything except the sounds, so that's all i can think of right now.

They're packaged as MultiCmps as well, which is not the way to do it these days, so it's possible that might be causing a problem.
    Perhaps someone else has an idea?

2. buzzmmms

buzzmmms Registered

Hey woochoo,

Thank you for your quick response. I apologize - yes, both ISI Howstons installed. They work fine. I "de-installed" and deleted the '54 and '67 skin packs I had installed initially, re-downloaded both skin packs (Howston_G4G6_1954_Endurance_Carset_Addon and Howston_G4G6_1967_Endurance_Carset_Addon), installed a second time and still no sound.

Is there a third file that I am missing?

Thank you,

buzz

3. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Since the sounds are working with the original cars they should be working with the skinned ones too. Obviously they aren't, and I don't know why. It's only the one multicmp file that's needed for either of the skin packs.

Are you using the steam or non-steam version of rF2?

4. Eddy

Eddy Registered

afaik they (the Howstons) are no longer multicmp so could that be the reason?

5. woochoo

woochoo Registered

I Just tried it in the Steam version, and if I only selected the carset addons as opponents then no sounds came in.
    With the default ISI Howstons included then some of the carset cars had sounds, but it might depend on if a default car AI is loaded before the carset cars.

In the non-Steam version I tried it with only the carsets selected as opponents and it worked as expected.

So, it seems it might be a Steam version issue with how the Steam version handles multicmp files (if the steam version has removed support for them).

I think the skins need an update since the 'recent' HDR changes anyway, so hopefully sometime I can make a new single cmp file that works properly in both versions, with newly tuned skins.

6. buzzmmms

buzzmmms Registered

Non-Steam version, stock opponents - no sound. I am new to rF2 (10-24-15), so I'm not sure what the difference is between multicmp and single cmp. All mods I have are RFCMP files?

At any rate - Thank you for your help and... of course these cool car sets.

buzz

7. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Hehe, I don't really know the difference either :p They both appear as rfcmp files. I think multi-cmps mainly about jamming the sounds and skins and talent files into the same component, but as separate elements within that. As single components I think they're slightly less separate elements within it. I don't expect that makes too much sense, and it might not actually be accurate.

I tried to do single components for them initially but lost interest when it didn't work immediately and they did work as multi. I think it was related to getting the talent files to work.

Thanks for your feedback and I'll try to engineer some time in the next week or less to update the textures and repack them into single cmps.
    There's no denying that they should be made into single components, so I guess I'll just have to do it, and I'll assume it will fix the sound problem as well.

I'm glad you're into them :)

8. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Thanks for the tip John. I'll try it without the sounds, 'cause I think that was the original intention of all this cross-referencing of components, but perhaps that's the actual problem. I expect you're right though, and the sounds will probably be included.

I'll have a look at the Lola setup too

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Curious, did you also add RCDs?

10. UncleBoney

UncleBoney Registered

I made the stupid mistake of upgrading the Howston install to ISI's current one which has broken the sound on these addons.

Anyone know where I might find the OLD install file for them so I can get the sound back? Had this with the Eve F3's as well but managed to find that file.

11. woochoo

woochoo Registered

just for now you might be able to get away some basic hackery to get the sounds working with the '54/'67 skins.

Go into:
    rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\ISI_Howston_G4_1968\1.3

and copy:
    CKEV_50L_V8_OHV.mas (the engine sounds)

then go into:
    rFactor2\Installed\Sounds

and create a folder called:
    CKEV_50L_V8_OHV

and paste the CKEV_50L_V8_OHV.mas file into the new folder.

That's where the engine sounds were for the old verison of the Howston, and it's what the skin packs are looking for.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2015
  12. buzzmmms

buzzmmms Registered

JOY!!!

Works a charm!

Thank you so much for taking the time to figure this out. This will bring many hours of driving pleasure. You can make bank on that!

Tomorrow is the day we Give Thanks, but I ain't wait'n - Many Thanks to you woochoo.

13. woochoo

woochoo Registered

Brilliant, glad you're enjoying it :)

14. UncleBoney

UncleBoney Registered

Oh you are awesome! THANK YOU!

15. woochoo

woochoo Registered

16. Stefaan

Stefaan Registered

17. woochoo

woochoo Registered

ugh, sorry about that. and thanks for mentioning it. should be pointing to the 1954 version now

18. Stefaan

Stefaan Registered

Thanks for fixing that up so quickly and thanks for the work you put into this!

19. Foresight

Foresight Registered

Thanks a lot for your work ;)

20. woochoo

woochoo Registered

this is just a note to say that the '54 pack for the G4 & G6 will no longer be updated or supported.
    The good news is that it is about to be replaced by the Cobra 1954 pack.
    The '54 liveries suit the Cobra much better, and the Cobra will also have a variety of car physics to match the liveries.
    Not only that, but the remaining liveries of the '54-inspired field have been completed and will be included.
    The 1967 pack for the G4 and G6 has been updated, and removes the G6 but includes physics variations to match the G4 liveries.

edit: Cobra 1954 now available
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/ac-cobra-1954-endurance-carset.57134/

Last edited: Jul 28, 2017