Help with ParcFerme. Something changes Curr setting

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by JohnW63, Dec 7, 2014.

1. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I hope someone can help me out. I have all the various instances of ParcFerme set to 3 which is the RFM default. I then go through all the Free Settings and make sure they are all set to -1, which is also the setting for using the RFM Default. This includes manually setting the Curr setting to -1. When I launch the dedicated server and load a race, the Curr setting goes back to 0, which is the setting for NO changes to anything. What is over riding my edits ?

I want to have control of the ParcFerme settings and our league had it correct for the bulk of the season, but the last race or two had ParcFerme issues where is was all locked down. I don't know what changed, but I need to fix it. Was something changed in the last version ( 880 I think ) ?

Is there a tutorial I can read the details these settings ?

2. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

could be caused by track- "gdb" ?

Switch the parc-ferme to "2" and edit the "Multi Free Settings" in your Player.json as you want

edit the Player.json:

Game Option
    -> "MULTI FreeSettings":xxx, not "-1" add the things you want ;)

Race Condition
    -> "MULTI ParcFerme":2,

3. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

4. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hi ,Are you simply trying to turn Parc Ferme off for vmods or are trying to set a custom Parc Ferme? you can do all this from the MAS2.exe rfm ..

The only way I've found to have consistent results is to edit the vmods rfm not the player.json or the track GBD those changes will be over written by the vmods rfm ..

The default parc ferme setting in the vmod rfm is 1 where PF is on ( we hate that ISI has this setting forcing PF on' and have started a thread begging them to have the default be off' ! lol) you have variables you can add/take away , for our league we need PF to be off so I edit each vmod the same way .

here is the default rfm from a vmod I was putting together>

(this is cut from the middle of the rfm)

this is how it looks default and why your changes don't stick

ParcFerme = 1 // Control over what changes can be made between qualifying and race; default=0, possible values are 0=no restrictions, 1=restrictions apply, 2=restrictions apply as long as it doesn't rain in qualifying or afterwards
    // Whether fuel level remains the same (only if parc ferme is applicable). In general, this value specifies what fraction of the qualifying session is reached before fuel usage becomes "free"; default=0.0, possible
    // values are 0.0-1.0, where 0.0 indicates fuel level is always free, 0.5 would mean fuel level at the halfway point of qualifying will be used to start the race, and 1.0 means fuel level at the end of qualifying will
    // be used to start the race (and no refueling allowed during qualifying).
    ParcFermeFuel = 0.0
    ParcFermeTires = 10 // How many of the top qualifiers have to keep their used tires on for the race (only if parc ferme is applicable); default=0, possible values are 0 and up (300 recommended if everybody has to keep their used tires).
    ParcFermeSetup = 1 // Whether setup used during qualifying must be used during the race (only if parc ferme is applicable), except for the RFM/season/GDB or PLR file "FreeSettings"; default=1, possible values 0 or 1.

// Settings that are free to be changed regardless of parc ferme. You must add the values of each setting that drivers are free to change:
    // 1 = steering lock, 2 = brake pressure, 4 = starting fuel, 8 = fuel strategy, 16 = tire compound, 32 = brake bias, 64 = front wing, 128 = engine settings (rev limit, boost, and engine braking)
    // Possible values are -1 (use default value) up to 255 (which equals 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128).
    FreeSettings = 244

what I do is set PF to "0" then set the "free settings" to 255 to allow the players to change everything available according to the mod

so min would look like this to have PF off and all settings free >

ParcFerme = 0 // Control over what changes can be made between qualifying and race; default=0, possible values are 0=no restrictions, 1=restrictions apply, 2=restrictions apply as long as it doesn't rain in qualifying or afterwards
    // Whether fuel level remains the same (only if parc ferme is applicable). In general, this value specifies what fraction of the qualifying session is reached before fuel usage becomes "free"; default=0.0, possible
    // values are 0.0-1.0, where 0.0 indicates fuel level is always free, 0.5 would mean fuel level at the halfway point of qualifying will be used to start the race, and 1.0 means fuel level at the end of qualifying will
    // be used to start the race (and no refueling allowed during qualifying).
    ParcFermeFuel = 0.0
    ParcFermeTires = 10 // How many of the top qualifiers have to keep their used tires on for the race (only if parc ferme is applicable); default=0, possible values are 0 and up (300 recommended if everybody has to keep their used tires).
    ParcFermeSetup = 1 // Whether setup used during qualifying must be used during the race (only if parc ferme is applicable), except for the RFM/season/GDB or PLR file "FreeSettings"; default=1, possible values 0 or 1.

// Settings that are free to be changed regardless of parc ferme. You must add the values of each setting that drivers are free to change:
    // 1 = steering lock, 2 = brake pressure, 4 = starting fuel, 8 = fuel strategy, 16 = tire compound, 32 = brake bias, 64 = front wing, 128 = engine settings (rev limit, boost, and engine braking)
    // Possible values are -1 (use default value) up to 255 (which equals 1+2+4+8+16+32+64+128).
    FreeSettings = 255

with these 2 edits now pf is off and the 255 setting unlocks everything ! ,to get to the rfm threw the MAS2 you need to open the rfm using the little box with the capitol in it ,I believe its the 2nd one down ,(not the first one ) click that in the box then right click the file tell it to open, the rfm will be ther to edit , this is also where you would change/add a pace car, but that's another topic ! I don't know if you know all this already or not ,just showing how I do it and I have success..

Check this thread to get into the rfm threw the MAS2 ,its regarding the pace car, scroll down to find the other stuff this is where to edit the vmod for everything if you want your MP sessions to have custom settings ! like I also turn blue flags to show but not penalize , theirs a lot of cool stuff in there to customize your vmods , I never had any luck changing it in the plr.json

watch the vid in post 10 !

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ng-in-the-race?p=274168&viewfull=1#post274168

Remember this must be done as a first step when building a new vmod before you pick the cars and tracks , I have never had any luck trying to edit an already built vmod ! I'm sure it can be done but I can not make "edits after the vmods built" , work !

This is all done with the MAS2.exe at the first stage of the creation , right after you name your vmod if I try to do it from the player.json its a no go for me and its random results

hope this helps ! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
  5. JohnW63

JohnW63 Registered

I was able to edit the player file and get the parcferme settings to not be all locked. I'll see if it stick for out next race. T

Thanks for all the help. I have some more reading to do, now !