Not this again

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

LOL

I knew it wouldn't take long for this thread to go this direction.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2014
  2. SimonV6

SimonV6 Registered

Yes I would agree with that, was the thread starter not saying the same anyway?
    anything that can not be done in real life should not be able to be done in a proper sim.
    lets hope ISI sort it out?

3. speed1

speed1 Banned

Imagine a real driver wouldn't use something or a feature what would make him faster because his principles are against it and against all logics of car controle he knows.

Even if you are the only one gentle it would be silly not to use all the advantages of something under competition circumstances, because if you don't, other will, no matter what competition it is,.........ok doping you shouldn't do because others do. :)

4. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

sorry spinelli but i couldnt resist
    did that helped you somehow! is that fair?
    changing all that paraments in conttroler json!is that fair?

its a old thing and i dont get point it will be done when is done(hope soon)
    all that talking about realistic and fair its crazy,we all have different hardware(wheels,pc...)so we all have different experiense somehow.
    but in real life if two guys run eg. two same cars(honda civic) for different teams, they will drive same car(honda civic) just with different driving stile and setup probably.but if you drive fanatec or tweaked g25/27 and i drive stock g25 or tweaked fanatec is that same car we driving?
    i agre with you about fixing things in that field but talking about realistic driving with half people learning how to drive and all that different hardware we have is little funny.if they faster than you like that dont race them,find someone like you! ME ;) and bunch of guy here

if you want fair race i think we should have all same hardware but i mean all(wheel,pc all components,monitor...)and then drive how software alow us with damage or whitout.but i think thats impossible,only if we are on some sim racing event where is all same

cheers

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I read here many good points and some of them are really "fun brakers" for public online racing.
    Some of them I would love to see (in let me use DD's definition) a "pro version" with no support for auto clutch or virtual mirrors or a plugin output that I could not have IRL...
    On the other side how many people would buy or use such a specific sim software ?
    I'm afraid to less and perhaps this is the reason why we have not such a version at this time.

The dev studio try to implement both way's in the sim with adjustable variables.
    Unfortunately not all of this variables (I think it is so ATM) are via the server side manageable or at least not in a easy and understandable way.
    Second major point or question is:
    If such a behavior is observed who can determine if it is core or mod depending?
    I think this is a good explaination for why league racing is the better working muliplayer experience with rF2.

Conclusion for me: Yes IMO Spinelli's is right with his point and many other posted points here also but as always if I try to find a working solution or a suggestion for a solution under considering all the variables I give up after some time because of: to much if this and if that .........

6. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

That goes also out to you Durge :) i like your idea of a pro version without all that stuff very much but i think if you wanna distribute such a thing you have to sell it with a hardware package so everybody sits on the same base. And thats gonna be a ****load of money if you cannot upgrade part for part because of disadvantages. Just think about it Durge, you sell one sim machine with same components to everybody, game already installed and optimized for the hardware, right fov for triplescreens or a VR device, a complete rig with seat shifter, wheel and pedals and maybe an upgrade option to make it a motion sim. Its gonna be so ****ing expensive that i couldn't afford it and iam sure at the time i have the money they gonna switch to the next generation.

But iam still laughing about that thread because some problems were reported in diffrent threads about diffrent cars and those people just got bashed for mentioning that there is something wrong.

7. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

and with this post you gave reason slower drivers start to use this trick,cheat,non realistic driving..call it how you want.
    you(we) want more people start using rf2 but you think all that people have racing expiriance or even do they drive a car?i think not

like i sad find people like you and race them,and if they start use this kind of stuff,then that is telling you,you are faster then them ;) and try to discuss this with them but not like this in general. its feels like you are afraid of someone being faster then you :)

its not a perfect sim but lets hope it become one

i really try to use rf2 like traning tool and try to drive like i would in real life with all this toyish hardware and limitations i have.maybe some day i will need some of this knowledge on racing track ;)
    rf2 can simulate lot of things in this stage,not all but lets hope it get better

8. Descoat

Descoat Registered

The reason:

There are many people that understand this is not a real car so they prefer to make a competition using all the things that make them faster: unreal setups, JSON, driving, cheats...

Who are running without hud, making a realistic driving, not using cheatsetups?... 1%?

There are steel few drivers that they prefer to enjoy driving a simulation, than beeing faster. I allways drive with no hud, no autoclutch, no aids, real setups... But the real mirrors don't let you see rear traffic so it's necessary use virtual mirrors unless in the future you can adjust the mirrors in your car.

But who are we to say nobody what they need to use or enjoy in a game like this???

I don't mind if I'm slower than others but if somebody prefer being faster... Ok let's go.

9. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

im fine with all my friend i dont care what people using i dont need a reason if that was to me ,i just ment someone didnt know about that and will start using this trick to be faster. sad!

i race with all people but i prefer when we all use (drive)realistically how much we can, so i race people like myself for competition
    for me hud,virtual mirrors,track maps name it,dont present and danger in racing.

see you on track people and i will beat everyone usnig throtlle while braking :)

dont do that

10. gorgias1976

gorgias1976 Registered

LOL people blaming the gun maker and not the shooter.

11. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

If the safety mode is switched on and it still fires iam for sure blaming the gunmaker!

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

...not a good analogy.

13. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Indeed, not this again. While I appreciate it isn't a common technique, there aren't many types of cars that both pedal techniques couldn't work in theory. Whether the physical parts could do it, the driver could do it due to steering column location, etc, is another matter, probably something to look into in future damage updates within the drivetrain.

I've seen it (two pedal braking) used by Schumacher in F1 and BTCC front-wheel-drive myself, without even trying to find examples. In fact in most front wheel drive cars it would be the recommended driving technique for qualifying. You can probably google to find guides.

What I do think needs addressing, is the drivetrain - something we've already said will be, and how that is affected, the physics of using both pedals without shifting and the influence on stability alone is perfectly valid.

So, yes - again - until the drivetrain is updated - again - you'll be equally shocked and dismayed each time you discover the drivetrain isn't updated, which will occur until it is. Did it need the thread at all? Probably not - again.

Meanwhile, DD, lighten up.

14. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Just one thing Tim, weight penalty or something similar when aids or helps are used, no benefit like it is today :)

View attachment 15123

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I understand if this is directed towards ISI with their mods, but isn't this already feasible with the aid penalties? Or do they not cover enough 'aids' ?

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Its good to know the drive train etc is on the ISI list.
    I really like the way AC uses its system where if you have a shifter or clutch and the car you choose to drive is a h box in RL then it forces you to drive correctly. I liked the LFS sim for its damage to clutch and gearbox too. I hope its high priority.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Not to the same degree but wouldn't this mean no trail braking ? A very handy skill for many cars

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Show me a video or telemetry trace of F1 or any high end open wheel it GT series where a guy has a ton of throttle while braking and while entering the corner.

I own the actual "F1 Racing" issue that everyone relates to when talking about this issue. The one that compares Schumacher's and Barrichello's telemetry to eachother at the hairpin at Canada (before the backstraight), a corner at Suzuka (the "Spoon" curve or "130R", and 1 more corner. The amount of throttle Schumi uses is tiny, it's not humongous amounts, on top of that the car still has to perform it's own autoblips; the steady throttle isn't going to just magically happen to be the perfect blip for every gear.

Even though Schumi likes a very front-end darty car compared to many of his rivals, he still doesn't need to give humongous amounts of throttle - to stabilize the rear - while braking or while entering the corner and, and again, he tends to have very "free" rear-end setups.

I think it has something to do with the physics of some sims that allows this to be the fastest method, because even real-life top-end guys, with oversteery setups, in sensitive cars, looking for every last 0.001s of time, driving for teams that are willing to pay millions of dollars for 0.1s, don't use this technique, yet the top guys in many sims do (even rF2's WSR3.5 cars).

I don't think it's just a damage modeling or driveline modeling thing, I'm convinced it's something with the physics that allows for this technique to work as extremely well as it does.

19. Hectari

Hectari Registered

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2014
  20. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

@20 seconds.

But maybe physics were different back then. ;)