Anyone ever have these issues?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Dec 6, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Never experienced these issues, ever. All of a sudden I've experienced them twice in the past, I don't know, week? 2 weeks? It's happened on two different servers, running different cars, different tracks, etc.

A guy stuck in a constant loop of leaving and rejoining the game, this causes a constant-loop stutter/freeze of the game itself. I don't think the people already in the server were affected as they were well in the middle of a race, and seem to get on just fine.

I'd like to note that the first time it happened in a different server ("F3 Rookies") the problem went away when a guy left the room. However, the guy who left the room was not the same game who's name kept popping up in the leave/rejoin loop. Weird...

2. jjcook

jjcook Registered

There are issues with multiplayer in this build - many are also experiencing multiple crashes. This one you point out here is a bug that was squashed a few builds ago - its back .....i have seen the loop too - usually i see it when joining a race in progress

3. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Yep, happened to me for the 1st time twice yesterday on two different servers. Glad you documented this.

I have no idea what's going on.

4. MJP

MJP Registered

Ahh an old bug that plagued B228 I think it was has resurfaced. As you say everything's fine until someone seems to get stuck leaving and then the server goes to pot, race destroying lags every 3 secs or so. Can't remember if when the the server moved to next track it fixed it or the server needed a reboot. This was back in the days racing Meganes on the ~IsR~ servers where there was usually an admin on who could reboot if necessary.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Been around for donkeys Spin year or more in other builds.

Use fullscreen windowed mode................ press the windows key.................................. boot them from the dedicated menu.

I can do that while I am lapping hard in a race, easy........... :rolleyes: lol

Can't use FSW ? ............. not my problem........... ;)

btw if you searched the phrase you would have found old threads on this in BUGS.......maybe MP BUGS. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  6. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yep... I've not been racing much online lately because of all bugs. The last days I have seen this "join/leave" bug in 50% of the public server I've tried to join. I know we have had this issue before..it plauged my league 1-1,5 years ago...don't remember. And now my league has serious problems with ctd's and need to be restarted all the time. Worst build for multiplayer that I've ever seen...

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Worst build for dedicated servers maybe .... ( I noticed Clockit's Car Club had the issue and others including CTD )

I have not had a issue hosting from home.

I TOLD PEOPLE for 3 YEARS !!! lol ...... wtf :)

If you leave a race in progress click on your name and vote to boot yourself. !@!

WAIT till you are booted...........

The other drivers will click number 1 while they lap............ just like they do for a restart ? No different, easy ?

Problem solved ;)

Or.......... you rely on someone like me can do in a race. :rolleyes:

P.S.

If you key windowed mode and look at dedicated server in a race session you will see all leavers reported to be ( Ai) ;)

BTW

If you are too lazy or conceited you cant vote to boot yourself and wait till you are.........

Well you just a AHole ! don't come back to my room.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Hehe I guess it works for a small room with same people returning every night, but it won't work for a public server with a lot of different people joining all the time. It's hard to teach everyone to boot themselves.. I don't think that will work! But anyway, my point is that we shouldn't need to find our ways around problems, we shouldn't have them at all. Multiplayer is what rf2 is all about, so mp bugs are the worst.

Btw, there's another bug which causes CTD's to everyone in the server who's inactive for more than a few seconds (no CTD as long as you're driving). SR4L has this problem often... when we have completed qualify it often appears, so server needs to be restarted to solve it and grid needs to be set manually...a pain in the a** for the admin. Have you had this one?

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If you have a League mate

Must be a way to have 1 vote only needed.

I mean you League I assume you are all SENSIBLE and have pre-race discussions. ?

You can disable race restarts, etc, etc.

Before Race reboot room which I guess a lot of you do anyways.

At that time you can set " 1 vote only " needed.

So .........in a race the only time a driver would press VOTE is when they want to leave a race, yes?

They would click their name click boot player ...no vote needed, no ai bug.

Solved: 1 extra mouse click before you leave a race.

:)

P.S.

Personally I find it a bit rude people leave mid race regularly.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I assume it will get fixed again but a extra line in json for separate race voting percentages would work and may be a idea anyways.

ie: In open rooms you want lower vote to rs sessions and higher to restart race

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Never seen a thread about this issue, or even heard of it till now, thought it was new, clearly notl lol.

I'm not sure what you mean by view the dedicated server and boot drivers. I'm not running the room, I'm just a joiner.

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

oi mate :)

lol yeah we used to rage on about it in build threads and others. hehehe

I give you example Spin :)

Well for you or I ......in say Clockit's CarClub :cool: HinT :cool: .................. free plug Dave. p

................where was I oh yeah, the only thing that matters is we do not click LEAVE TRACK in a Race session. ;)

We highlight our name in timing, we click Vote, we click Boot Player.

That is all we can do mate rest is up to 'dem. hehehe

This takes a few things to work of course.

1. All drivers understand simple English or native tongue. <<<<< sarcasm..............or they speak when spoken too, especially after someone goes too lengths to explain the situation.

loool

2. All drivers read chat and comprehend the impact, on others including themselves for ignoring the rule.

3. All drivers run message window, so they see a driver wants to boot himself.

4. All drivers are capable of pressing the number 1 key in a race without rear ending a car. lol

*** You can use voice recognition in windows to do it if not.

Best way is to set lowest vote percentage so the smarter ones lopl in the room get the message and comply with press 1 straight away.

I mean to say, how fast you seen drivers click restart or race in a row ? ........ they all seem to be able to do that just fine. ? hehehe

If this is done fast enough you won't have ghost ai or any lag or high ping develop in race.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2014
  13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

I'm going to boot myself outta this thread :p

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned