BUILD880 - Constantly Locking Up When Starting MP

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by andy breedon, Nov 24, 2014.

1. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Scenario is this,

First install and activation goes well, all starts and runs, until i change any control settings it seems! If i select a button for pitstop which is needed for me to run in a league with!

Uninstall rf2
    delete %appdata% rfactor folder
    delete all files for rf2 on system
    Install rf2 intro fresh folder (not the same install folder as last)
    install std mods
    start up (usually fine) enter servers do what i like, until i change control settings (setting pit request etc), once that is done i am guaranteed a lock up of whole system when playing rf2 a few minutes or hours later, then i have one option repeat all as above.

ISI?

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

3. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Going to need a lot more info. I would suggest pretty much everyone changes some control settings, so the fact they aren't all getting this same issue would suggest something is 'special' at your end.

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

No need to uninstall.

1. Follow your own backup procedures ( skins, setups, realroad, profiles, HDR, etc etc etc etc )

2. Delete all files in the rFactor2 folder not the actual folder.

I have saved txt files for all different kind of stuff all marked "XXXwhateverXXX" including credentials screenshots of payments and rego info..... plus a FOLDER.jpg picture I NEVER delete. lol

3. Install back to same rFactor2 folder

I go a step further and then delete the uninstall.exe , then click in programs/features to uninstall rF2, it cant so it asks to delete the entry.
    That way your credentials will be untouched.

DON'T delete %appdata% rfactor folder , back it up, they are your credentials.

+1

Test and do all menu, player and controller settings "offline" so they are saved.

Load the mod you are going to join and run it "offline" and test with approx. driver numbers.

rF2 or not it is always handy to have a folder archived which is pathed from your C drive downwards, put all the standalone apps, browser a shortcuts and settings, etc. in case you need a fresh OS.

Still, do that same thing with a archive folder named rFactor2 makes very handy for every Lite build to drag in " all your normal stuff" ....... and save a crap load of time. ;)

TIP : make multi package folders to separate all archives by whatever you like.

I use Drive:\ Sim Patches\rfactor2\ " Packages ISI Tracks" "Packages ISI Cars"
    "Packages Cars" "Packages Tracks" and "Packages Tools"

DONT put them in rfactor2.
    Cuts down on clutter and refreshes Mod manager without a single long list.

ie: you will only see uninstalled mods from the relevant package folder selected at the time.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  5. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

i7 2700k @4.6, 8gb ram, 2x6970 oc's not that i can use them both but yep more than good enough in the hood. ;)

There is not much more info to give Lazza, I can set graphics settings fine, and restart and load it up fine, the second i change, lights, horn and pit request for my g27 it is over within minutes to an hour. Locks up in-game, reset pc as no control. Locks up again everytime i try and load sp/mp not the launcher that is fine. Credentials well they seem, to change to a funnier font, the NAME file loses all info, I have NEVER used cracked and i am life time purchase. It could be something on my pc, but i really doubt this, i reinstalled os only 3 weeks ago! nothing new on from before. Other than latest rf2 build... I know i am not alone regards lock ups and crashes, not sure about the efforts to get it to work again.

Some great points and ideas, thank you, my only choice at the moment i feel is to reinstall os yet again (3 weeks old), install rf2 only and see what happens.

I install to c on a ssd for both folders though separate locations.

Thanks for all replies and keep them coming :)

6. Dalek

Dalek Registered

Reading the issues you are having, it's a long shot, but try changing USB port for your controller, if no sucess, then try unplugging the controller, disinstalling drivers, reboot, cleanup with any handy software ( CCleaner or others) and reinstalling the controller.

Also, do you use the detect function for the controller ? it could be worth selecting the profile manually to see if any changes.

Ps. as this is a first post, regards to all :)

Ps2. What wheel are you using ?

7. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Good idea, i tested the ssd life seems to be 100% and good, though i have ordered a bigger ssd i have needed for a while, when installing i will try Durge's suggestions and of course yours.

I do no use detect i always just found logitech g27 and selected it, then edit and save a personal one to load.

8. MystaMagoo

MystaMagoo Registered

I have a very vague memory of someone else having this problem?????
    Do you plug G27 into a usb hub?
    Try plugging direct into mobo usb.

9. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

Well i can only say it has nothign to do with usb ports. I have installed a new SSD, rf2 continues not to install correctly, does not allow me to have the two seperate install location files one for the engine and then the other for documents etc. I change either and both point to same directory everytime. When installed on :c/Games not inthe programs files etc.

No response from ISI which i find disgusting.

10. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe learn to read:

11. andy breedon

andy breedon Registered

I can read, a response here was never expected from isi. But i emailed support and have not had reply via email!! Maybe you should have thought about it a little more!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

You never said you contacted ISI.
    You specifically asked ISI to respond in your first post.

So the disgusting-remark seemed uncalled for Andy, hence my reply.
    But yeah, I should not have commented at all, good reminder for next time :)