Released Corvette C6 road cars now available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Very awesome road cars thanks ISI!

Did notice the old black screen bug at Mid Ohio though but very happy to see these on rF2.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

+1

3. STATIC

STATIC Registered

ya, had a league race at palm beach with speedracin and several people reported this problem as well. Some so bad they couldn't race.

4. TMoney

TMoney Registered

Yeah happened to me on Tiger Moth too (on both tracks tested so far with the C6). I don't know what causes the bug but I think I remember it being car specific, maybe a material or shader issue.

5. Some1

Some1 Registered

I'm pretty sure it is related to the light shaders. I have noticed it too very infrequently. If I get time, I will take a look at this issue.

6. ozan_026

ozan_026 Registered

ZR1 is the best tyre killer car !!

thanks guys, last road cars awesome ( NSX & Corvette's )

GT-I9500 cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Focus on the brake lights, we've used the front flares without issues for months, but had same issues using some newly added cars, debugged it down to a few materials using glow shaders (brake lights and cockpit leds) - Thought they were just defined wrong, it pretty much only happened online when having a competitor within 50-100 meter ahead of you.

Exiting T4 going towards T5 on Interlagos, online, with a car in front provoked it close to 100% - VERY weird bug :/

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
  8. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Yesterday I was deeply testing Corvette GS...

...well, briefly, this is the best road car I have ever driven in a simulator. Everything is so natural that it makes you keep driving, and driving and driving, it's amazing.

It's funny that for me, the 2 best physics-wise rFactor2 cars are Corvette GS and Corvette GT2. These are masterpieces.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This!

10. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Very very nice. Road cars are always very welcome to simulators. ;)

Thank you ISI! :cool:

11. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Maybe if you have disabled right ankle. Just try how much throttle abuse those 2 cars you mentioned allowes you to do...

You see when trying to do your best the cars only reveal half of how realistic they are.

It's when you try how CRAPPY DRIVING and abusive inputs you can get away with, when you notice the other half. In my opinion, it's much more revealing half when determing the realism of the car.

During high G cornering you can rapidly lift off completely, and then slam full throttle without getting any penalty of doing so with these cars. irl it would result in a spin. Not to mention that there is no penalty for not lifting or blipping or miss shifting.

A fuel injected gt car with high torgue allows only so little throttle pedal movement during high G cornering. What these cars allow is huge!!!

It's like the initial torgue to drivetrain is subdued somehow. You have to lift wayyy too much to get any coast effect to the drivetrain. It wasn't like this with the original GT cars release.

And i just hate them because of it. Not a simulation for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2014
  12. LeStrat

LeStrat Registered

Unluckily, I am not a Corvette owner, but I do have a 500Nm torque rear wheel drive car, so I guess I know what I am talking about.

Real life cars do not spin in every ****ing corner, as most sim drivers think.

13. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

keep quessing...

you CAN NOT make a rapid full off lift and then hit full throttle DURING 1.5G cornering with +600Nm fuel injected car! that's a fact.

At least not with as light cars as these are. Maybe if your car weights 3 tons...and still maybe..

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

People calling every car that doesn't spin constantly 'arcade' or unrealistic really need to get a grip. Seriously... :rolleyes:

15. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Im not talking about every car. Im talkin about particular car(s) and particular behaviour. And for example the 370z is not this bad in this respect. it's heavier, less torgue but requires much more subtle throttle inputs. ok it's on hard slicks but anyways.

16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

And of course it's the over joyfull fanboy who comes to the "rescue".

That kind of superlative filled praise that you fanboys put on every **** release that comes out of the tube disgusts me. And so what if its free? it's still ****.

That praise is one of the reasons i come out here the way i do (on top of being a cunty bastard of course).

You see, Im the yang to your yin, the thunderstorm to your rainbows and unicorns. haha! ;)

Joking aside, when has hard critisism become so forbidden? don't see anyone else here doing that much if at all...?

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

Because noone likes an asshole...;)

18. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

So this forum is supposed to exist just so that the devs can get praise from customers???

How cute and fluffy....NOT!!!! Its disgusting.

I've noticed that when ever anyone dares to critisize something he is attacked by heard of fanboys.

That just proves that this forum desperately needs more critisizing "assholes" like you put it, or this becomes really creepy fairy garden....

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

You can criticize and make valid points all you want. But your language and tone from above will likely get you banned.

Also, are you sure your throttle is configured properly (linear)? I can make any one of the Vette's spin off a corner with a sharp jab of the throttle...just as you would suggest is correct. In fact, I would argue it has a wee bit too little rear grip, as all ISI cars seem to (hopefully corrected with new tire contact patch physics coming soon).

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Even using the term "fan boy", when meant in all seriousness, should result in a permanent ban, in any forum, any place, any time.
    Get over yourself. There's a difference between constructive criticism and your unfounded claims that a bunch of these cars "aren't sim".

Nearly every time I've seen you texting in the online servers you've been on about how this car and that car is "arcade".
    That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, imho.

There's also a difference between disagreeing respectfully, and going completely off the rails, like you just did.
    You're just digging that hole even deeper mate, it's not like you'll be taken particularly seriously in the future.
    Not by me, anyway...

There are plenty of grown up/respectful people on this forum, who understand the art of constructive criticism, and the art of just reporting bugs as they appear.
    Some of us also understand that it probably means a lil' something to the devs to at least get some praise, every now and again.

God knows I don't need more "criticizing assholes", as you so delicately put it, around here.
    What this place needs is some more adults who know how to behave themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.