[WIP] FVR V8Supercars 2014

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by FVR, Nov 21, 2014.

1. coops

coops Banned

looking and sounding very nice.

2. nipzon

nipzon Registered

Looking good mate

3. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

great track :p

4. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

We've updated our website with an update to the 2012 version of the cars and a new 2014/15 video. Mind you if you didn't like the previous 2012 version of our mod please oh please don't bother downloading this one as you will be wasting your time, effort and downloads. Always best to keep those happy happy and warn those that are sad not be sadder. So once again, WARNING WARNING if you don't like FVR mods, please don't download the update it will not make you any happier in fact it may make you angrier.

Have a great day guys and girls.

PS all said with smiles - make sure everyone stays safe and happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2015
  5. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Totally looking forward to this, guys! Any chance you'll create the new 2015 Ford and give us the 2015 skins when you're done with this?

6. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

The 2015 Ford has been created and the skins are being finalised. The FG-X has come up quite well as well as the newer VF, the 2014 version will have the older VF we did. 2015 cockpit changes are being made along with a few other refinements. All the stuff is scratch built apart from the animated driver (ISI) we have modified for now. View attachment 18621 View attachment 18620

7. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Awesome! Are you still planning this for rF1 as well? I notice a lot of the Aussie tracks aren't available yet in RF2.

8. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

It is completed for rF1 and GSC Extreme. It has been converted to Assetto Corsa and there are some videos of it out there in this format. None public releases to date. As for Aussie Tracks, I think you will find they have all been done just most of them are conversions. We have our Hidden Valley, Sydney and Gold Coast 2011 done as conversions or revisits but it all takes time and there aren't too many people willing to commit to doing these things from scratch these days as it is hard hard work and very time consuming, a commodity I have fast run out of. Adelaide conversion and update would have to be one of the best out there - something that has prompted me to continue with my personal pet project of all the Surfers Paradise tracks which I have started from scratch but put on hold to work on the V8's

9. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Any idea when you'll give us a public release?

10. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Yeah that's a good question - public releases are so full of expectation. We don't wish to call them public releases because it seems to bring out the critique in everyone rather than the levels of appreciation that once was when people got something for nothing. Public releases seem to qualify a vast group to decide for the masses whether they should download something or not offering their advice. So we won't be calling them public releases. When would it surface so the general user can use it. I like Christmas presents, intentions were December 2013, then July 2014, then December 2014, then more recently during the second phase this year July 2015. Who knows this is the closest it has been for sometime. It is a tough question to answer because anything can go wrong, unexpected faults that take longer to rectify. I want it gone personally as its taking up too much of my life. Hopefully soon but you won't find it here, it will be in our forums for our long term members first. It will then be to our average member, the not so good communicators and around that same time will make it onto our web site. It will be at Racing-Leagues.com for their new series whether it's finished or not, currently the rF2 version just has a few issues that need to be sorted with a couple of cars. It won't be perfect. It won't be ISI quality. Just saying hey. It is already at Racecentre using the rF1 version - Gold Coast and Sydney in an earlier form and has been used for their interstate championship.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
  11. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

Well, I'm not much of an online racer, so I guess I'll just wait.

I hope it's not toooo long though, there's only one current V8 supercars (post-2012) mod out there, and that's a 2015 mod with broken cockpits and massive performance issues.

12. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

What do you mean - has someone created a post-2012 mod or is this another authorised conversion you are referring to.

13. SeriousSpy

SeriousSpy Registered

14. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Yes it looks good - I thought you meant there was one for rF2.

15. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

So Flash,when can we expect a release..so hanging for this

16. FlashQld

FlashQld Registered

Pretty much answered this a few weeks back. It's tough to answer as anything can go wrong or unexpected outings or work commitments make a big dent in the expected timeline. I'm still rebuilding stuff as we speak, adjusting the motecs that have undergone a major change or two. If all went well it was programmed for release in 2013 but as we know things don't always end up as expected. I would like to say Christmas 2015 but I'm not 100% committing to that date and that's only the 2014 version, 2015 will be early next year Jan/Feb followed by 2016 possibly. If it is Christmas this year and we have done a few releases especially to our inner sanctum it has been Christmas Eve. To fulfil that I would need to have the mod to our Special Access users within the next fortnight which is what I am hoping. It won't be perfect but it should drive well and look okay. I'm sorry for the unclear answer, at the moment I just don't know. I can say the 2014 rF1 version is waiting and I believe the 2014 Game Stock Car Extreme version is waiting.

17. Gary77

Gary77 Registered

Thanks for your reply mate,Have a Merry Christmas.