Rfactor 2 Nascar/Iroc mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Badfast007, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Badfast007

Badfast007 Registered

Hi Guys,

I am new to Rfactor 2, played rf1 nascar mods and then lots of people started going to Iracing and since then I had lost interest. I gave IRacing a try but I prefer rf because of the physics and tire heat/wear.

I saw some news about Stock cars coming to RF2 but I am not sure if that is going to be a full set of stock cars and tracks or just a few and then the rest is up to the modders. I was planning on creating a Nascar mod and also thought about creating an Iroc mod afterwards but if RF2 team will be making a Nascar mod then I guess there is no point me putting effort into it. Also I am trying to gauge interest as well and if there is plenty of support then I am thinking of creating an Iroc mod.

By the way anyone know of the timeline currently for the Nascar Mod by the ISI team?

2. stdave

stdave Registered

Its going to be best to wait until the ISI NASCAR mod comes out with all of the correct rules for oval racing etc.
    Here is the rFactor1 IROC '75 Series http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1P4BxhHqSI

3. Badfast007

Badfast007 Registered

Thanks for the feedback, that's what I was thinking as well plus regarding the stock cars since the rules and flags need to be set up as well.

As for the Iroc mod I was thinking about the newer ones such as this;

View attachment 14885

4. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

no reason why you shouldn't start modeling the cars now, and getting them ready to get into game. Then, once the rules and physics are ready with ISI's release, you would be able to make physics for your mod that much quicker.

5. Badfast007

Badfast007 Registered

I just purchased the game and I am ready to start learning to mod for it. Which tools do I need to download? I just checked the dev corner page and I don't see any modding tools. Can someone let me know which tools are required to convert cars and tracks along with the tools required to get it loaded into the game.

Also I am looking for a group of modders that will be interested in creating this Iroc Mod.

6. RG6871

RG6871 Registered

Any updates to this guys?