rFactor 2 is 20% off this weekend

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Nov 7, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Please explain how you can do that without getting banned from here.

You can't run a single licence on 2 PCs at the same time. wtf ?

Whether they are offline or online you can only run one instance a licence, you can store 2 or more credentials
    but you can't use them together, what ! ?

OMG you guys are funny bag me, tell me I can't buy 2 licences , now you tell me I don't even need them !@!@ lmao

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  2. stonec

stonec Registered

If you read my first post few pages ago, I wrote I tested this on my laptop and main PC and it worked (being online on 2 computers). rF2 isn't Steam where there is some magic code that checks if you are online on PC A and somehow logs you out from PC A when starting the game on PC B. It's actally complicated to code such system, I doubt rF2 will ever have such feature thankfully.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2014
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

Nope, from quick read I can experiment with my account on as many computers as I wish, as long I don't forward it to other person.

You shall never use another user’s account or allow another user to use your account. You will immediately notify ISI in writing of any unauthorized use of your account, or other account related security breach of which you are aware.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

It's not that way it should work, no need to log out PC A if PC B ask for login: PC B should refuse to log if PC A is already logged. Far easiest to code, and if rF2 have effectively the kind of breach you describe (PC A and PC B logged at the same time same user), I guess it will be fixed really quickly thanks to your post ;)

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I have never paid more than half price for annual subscription since year 2 of iRacing. You just have to be willing to commit in advance, like Black Friday, etc., as mentioned above. You don't pay until the actual anniversary date, so that is a no-brainer to me.

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I actually nearly vomited yesterday when I realized how much I have spent in total on content in iRacing in only 15 months... I really have to learn how to enjoy that sim, to at least get something in return lol! :D

Right now I'd much rather have that cash to spend on a new wheel and pedal set, seeing how I am kinda put out of the sim racing business till I get that sorted out...

7. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Way to cripple your kids with your insecurity.

8. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Don't even fall for it man, just hit the ignore button. Pretty sure we won't be the only ones. ;)

9. redapg

redapg Registered

But one question has to be allowed i guess.
    Where is the problem to create a new email-account for each kid, and keep the passwords at your side?
    So you can buy 3 licenses and still be the only one who gets the email until you give the passwords to your kids.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh dear... parenting advice on a sim racing forum..? I wouldn't go there.

11. redapg

redapg Registered

In my eyes it shouldn't be a problem to buy a few licenses for different email-accounts, with the same paypal-account (i don't know how PayPal works, i don't use it).
    If so, ISI would limit their selling-options a lot, what wouldn't be very business-minded. ;)

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Now Post #66 and #67 are spinning me into the armco again. hehehe

I agree #66

I would cease all talk about running online while a lappy runs offline, leave that to pirate bay, hey. :)

I do not understand this aversion to email but I do understand why one email one licence.

When Tim said you can buy as many copies as you want I pretty sure he did not mean to sit and look at or give away to friends, if you email him he can work something out surely.

Big hole is using a instant Master Card , buy anything digital online with any name, no paypal and any email you like.

That is only reason my realname in RF2 is the same, DurgeDriven.

Like I said I am not using a credit and there was no criminal intent, so there is no law against it whether ISI like it or not. Sorry but its fact.

When you declare it is your real name you do because you can't use anything else, your Credit Cards, Bank deposits, PayPal and all your personal info is linked.

When you use a instant Master Card and put cash in it at a supermarket nothing is.

As long as you never put same with the same Machine ID you could run and buy 100 rF2's that way.

It is not like you could go out and sell them, what would they do when validations ran out ? loool

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
  13. stonec

stonec Registered

You are wrong, it doesn't break EULA to run it the way I described (assuming only one person), because it is not mentioned in EULA, simple.

This is not how Steam or Origin works. The game must always let you log in, regardless if you are running something on another PC. Steam and Origin will simply log you out and close session from other PC when logging in on new one. Regardless of how this is done, it's a much more difficult implementation than current one, there is no "quick fix".

14. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Sim/virtual parenting lol

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

That's very reassuring. Sounds like those monsters who think they own their kids and can do whatever they want to them. Get some therapy ASAP.

16. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Wow - trying so hard to not give you a mouthful man. Your posts and your username are making it very hard for me to not paint a negative picture of the kind of person you must be. I'm glad I get to raise my own kids, because I know (and have met kids of) many parents like you. Very sad.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow that's perhaps the most nasty comment I've seen on this forum in my time here. What on earth are you on about??

Think a little before you post such BS, please.

18. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

+100

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Don't play the sadness card with me if you know people can't guess that, weasel.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You're late for church.