[REL] Gingerman Raceway by James Mabe On Sale Now!

Discussion in 'Locations' started by cyruscloud, Nov 5, 2014.

1. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

No animated flag workers is because I am not allowed to use ISI's for a commercial project, I would have to model and animate them from scratch so for the time the caution lights will show for a full course caution, otherwise probably need the HUD for other warning flags. Sorry about that but creating a brand new corner worker from scratch would be a load of work extra beyond just making a track but still something I may try to work out down the road.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Everything is superb on a Fanatec, isn't it, Steve...?

Do I sound like I have a bitter inferiority complex? ;) :p

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

That's a reasonable explanation and understandable from ISI point of view. Really enjoying the circuit.

4. call-911

call-911 Registered

Purchased and can't wait to try it out! From the video, it appears to be a great representation of the real deal. Thanks!!! I look forward to your next project and any revisions you make to this one.

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

Finally had a chance to do 20~ laps in the ISI Camaro, so here's my review: In short, this is feels3 level stuff. The textures and models (tire walls, kerbs, buildings) are fantastic. The track surface on my CSW feels amazing, its very alive without having to resort to silly bumps or dips -it feels like a road surface should. The main layout is immense fun and is surprisingly racey, I had some great battles with the AI.

Now, in really, really picky mode ;) ( this is because its paid content)

- the trees let it down somewhat. I tried a few different times during normal daylight hours, and they look RF1-ish.
    - the paddock and surrounding areas would really benefit from some more models, be they trucks/cars/marshalls/haybales.. something to liven up the place :) I guess these could also be used in other future tracks.
    - the road surface looks amazing, but there are some areas like the 'extra' loop where the texture is a little repetitive

I would happily pay €10 each for tracks like these, and I hope this gets a little update at some point. Already one of my favorite tracks :)

6. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Glad you enjoyed it, the core features I wanted to impress with you seem to like, the areas I thought might be a little on the weak side are where you criticized so it is meeting my expectations. I do have plans in place to update pretty much the things you mentioned plus a little more in the future, no timeline on that at this time though.

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

James is there any possibility to purchase this track as a gift or for somebody else... for example a different email to my PayPal account. Just thinking about small prizes for future leagues that may be run.

8. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

Probably would need to contact URD on that one as I really don't know I am just using their shop. Ales told me he would confer with me if anyone ever wanted to bulk purchase or anything but as far as single gifts go I'd like to think you can do it I just don't know.

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I've just had 45 minutes here testing it out. I had horrible chatter on my G27 and had to bump the smoothness right up.....but, it was WELL worth it!

I love the differing track surfaces and how they feel at the wheel. The texturing looks really very, very good. I actually just sat looking at the grass for a few minutes lol. I have to concur with the general feelings about the trees, though.

The circuit itself is fun and challenging....well, it was in the skippy! So thank you for bringing it to us.

Well worth the asking price. Thanks for the hard work!

[​IMG]

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Cyprus Bullet, I'll give you my e-mail if you want :p.

About the track, is there any possibility of some 3D grass implementation or some less-than-perfectly cut grass to break the homogeneous aspect of it, especially in the inner portion of the track and the farther surroundings of the circuit?

11. Justy

Justy Registered

Had time to briefly try the track out tonight and have to say this is a great piece of work. Definitely worth the asking price. Unfortunately, I too am experiencing lots of FFB chatter with my T500rs (except in the last couple of turns, on the full layout). Only tried the ISI Megane and Civic there, but both exhibited the same FFB chatter, so I really hope something can be done about this in a future update. If there are to be future updates to the track; would it also be possible to add some cones, to the unused sections of the track? (i.e. the bit that is used for the short layout, when racing the full layout) To stop idiots like me going the wrong way? :)

Other than that, great job so far, love it! I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Many Thanks.

12. Emery

Emery Registered

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

James, what is your view on the track surface and the ffb chatter some of us are getting on our wheels? Are you planning on smoothening it out a bit at some point? :)

14. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Hope not, use control settings instead of numbing down the track. Especially G27 has typically horrible FFB-jitter, I'm sure it feels great with a belt driven wheel.

Glad to see all the positive feedback, get the feeling that the community has really matured and now understand the importance of supporting hard working modders :)

15. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

congratulations have a clue how to suzuka? Thank you

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Excuse my ignorance but isn't the T500 belt driven? There has been reports of excessive chatter on that wheel as well.

I don't have the wheel noise on any other tracks, so I'd rather not have to make a different setting for this track only. :)

17. Justy

Justy Registered

Yes the T500 is belt driven. There was a similar issue with nords too and djc and tosch were able to fix this without dumbing the track surface "feel" down. As it stands (for me) I actually struggle to feel anything meaningful from the ffb as it is almost completely drowned out by this chatter. If the general consensus is that the ffb is fine in its current state then I will gladly adjust my ffb settings, but I only have this issue with this track. I'm sure djc or tosch would be able to give some advice on how to tackle this problem. I personally feel, that a happy middle ground can be achieved, if there is a trade off between ffb chatter and overall feel.

Just my 2 pennies worth. Looking forward to spending some proper time with the track over the weekend regardless.

Cheers,
    Justin

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

18. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I only noticed the G27-report (and that smoothing helped), we hear those all the time - but okay then :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Just my thoughts man, exactly. In certain cars it is just very distracting having this grinding feeling with the noise on top of it.
    I'm having trouble in the braking zones (Skip Barber for example) because it feels/sounds like the wheel is ripping itself to shreds.

The track is wonderfully well made, don't get me wrong. But the surface on the old part of the circuit could do with some TLC.
    The newer added tarmac on the last part of the long layout (magnificent visual difference) feels just fine. Loads of bumps, but no wheel chatter.
    I get that the visually "old" tarmac should also feel old. But this is a bit too much, in my honest and humble opinion.

I remember the difference on Nords, where I didn't use it much before the surface was updated.
    I fear that this will be the same story, which is a shame, because the layout, visuals, AI and everything else is so great.
    Again, I'm not hitting out, and it's just one man's opinion.

The problem is that I don't want to have to change ffb settings (multiplier and filter) only for one track.
    I'd love to hear what the creator thinks about this? :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2014
  20. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

This thought did pass my mind, it took a little bit of back burner when I wanted to make sure performance was going to be good on the first release and its a bit harder to get tall grass to blend with the terrain well and not overly contrast than it was in RF1. Still my intention still is to implement that somehow, primarily I was aiming at the embankments around many parts of the track where they wouldn't be easily able to cut the grass or at least not often as I have seen in photos that they do at times and beyond the banks to the fields beyond at least to some degree. As mentioned probably coming in a future update, it is going to take some experimentation to see what I can pull off and how.