What is the current status of wet weather simulation?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by richiespeed13, Nov 5, 2014.

1. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Hi guys,

I'm interested in firing up rFactor 2 for the first time in a while, mainly to get some wet weather practice in. Currently the only sim I have that simulates wet weather to a decent level is NKPro, as it simulates puddles and aquaplaning etc. But it's still a very dated and limited sim, so I'm trying to move on!

I know rF2 has all the framework there for features such as aquaplaning and standing water, but is it actually implemented yet?

Last time I drove in the sim, even in the wet weather the rubbered in line was still fastest, and there was no aquaplaning or anything particularly advanced switched on.

If someone could let me know where things currently stand that would be awesome.

Cheers,

Rich.

2. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Some changes were made, but mostly to visuals and configuration. No changes to physics that I know of (not in the context of weather).
    There seems to be some focus on oval racing right now and that doesn't require updates to weather system. Some physics development take place and I believe these changes are necessary before ISI can push forward with wet conditions. It will take some time, but get the feeling it's slowly getting o the top of priority list.

3. richiespeed13

richiespeed13 Registered

Thanks, interesting stuff.

I await patiently an update so I can get some good wet weather driving in. :)