Strange reflection without HDR - build 880

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by anzx, Oct 31, 2014.

1. anzx

anzx Registered

Since I've updated the game to build 880 I've noticed strange reflection at the back of the car. It appears when I'm on throttle and dissapears when I release it.
    The funny fact is that if I turn on the HDR this doesn't happen. I think this is the bug related to the build 880.

View attachment 14726

Does anybody else has the same problem?

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I believe it is related to heat haze from the exhaust. Turning on HDR is a work around.

3. anzx

anzx Registered

Can I turn this off without turning on the HDR? I realy don't like/want this :S.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

This is normal on Halloween :p

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Lower special effects maybe? I'm not sure, I use HDR.

7. anzx

anzx Registered

I've tried everything, it does not work. The only solution is HDR, but then I get massive FPS drop.

View attachment 14730

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

You don't have your system specs listed in your profile. What are your specs? I'm surprised you have a "massive" frame drop from HDR. What kind of drop are we talking about? 90 to 70 or something like that. Anything over 60 can't even be seen if all you have is a 60hz monitor. If your talking about 70 to 50, well then I could see reason to be concerned. I personally would drop other settings before disabling HDR though. Most content these days is designed for HDR only. It's basically impossible to make content to look perfect for both settings.

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

In your Player .Json under graphics, set the line "heat effects fade speed" to 0
    I don't run HDR because my PC is older than the Ark :eek:

10. anzx

anzx Registered

My pc is not just that bad yet, I can run all newest games maxed out but it won't happen in rF2, my pc specs are:
    - Intel i7 2600 k
    - 6,00 DDR3 GB Ram
    - Nvidia GTX 580

Well, when I'm alone on the track I have up to 100 - 120 FPS with HDR (depends on track). But the problem is when there are more cars on the grid. I mean at race starts, I get 30 - 50 fps, which becomes undriveable, so that's why I usually drive HDR OFF.

11. anzx

anzx Registered

Thank you for the solution. It works! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
  12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Thanks Steve! I swore I saw this issue reported on another forum (wink) along with a work around. I wanted to dig it up to help this guy out but for the life of me I couldn't find it. :)

13. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Have you tried tweaking the shadows Anzx? and also decreasing visible vehicles. my system aint that great but I can still run HDR when toning down those entries as all those shadows are hard-hitters. makes a world of difference imo and it still looks pretty good.

14. anzx

anzx Registered

Yes, I did, well I can run everything maxed out, including HDR and FXAA on Nordschleife and get around 80 fps, but they drop to 30 when there are a few more cars on track. So I don't know, I just prefer a bit more performance than pure image quality I'm happy without HDR. Anyway a bit off topic, but I want to know, is there a chance to create your own HDR profile?

Thanks for you help guys.

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

yes, do a search onnit, pretty sure there are threads about it. Or search on Tosch on these forums, he does allot of those and pretty well.