rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

You can try those lines but last I heard they don't do anything atm.

2. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

In all seriousness do you remember how the F3 instrument gauge glass used to reflect light? That was beautiful. Wonder where that went?

3. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Hi drivers. I test here Heat FX is working. Thank you, now don't happening anymore.

Scott, you right, but the options don't work. I test here and can't make work. i change the values and test, don't see change nothing. Not working that option ISI?
    Thanks Scott for the tip.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

AFAIK This setting for the mirror work fine IF the track modder (ISI or other) also define stuffs you can or cannot see in mirror (to save FPS). Setting is on (15) for me and I don't think I never saw something more in mirror... I guess ISI Engine need to overwrite track settings when this mirror setting in JSON is set to other value than 0.

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

McLeo wants to see his car in the mirrors. Probably wants to see the track as well :p but was asking about the car. As was said above as far as I know the JSON option doesn't work. But things have changed a little since rF1 (no longer a dedicated cockpit model, for example) so seems possible this hasn't been reworked.

*Just to avoid any misunderstanding... I believe the setting talked about is not related at all to track visgroup settings.

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

You're 100% right: I wanted to say the car modder, not the track modder (tired) ;)

7. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Yes drivers. I would like more real.
    In that photo i can see, rear engine cover, rear suspension, rear tires, and some parts of rear wing. that i want.
    [​IMG]

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It was an option in rF1, so no reason to think it won't be an option in rF2. And OPTION is the key--yes or no depending on user preference.

But we don't even have adjustable resolution in the mirror after two years, so don't hold your breath. Hopefully it will come with a major overhaul of the whole mirror system, since it desperately needs performance optimization and these options added and an issue with SGSS corrected. But not surprisingly, ISI has given zero indication of when this will make it to the top of the development list.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Is the rejoin feature working in this build?

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yes

11. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Thanks!

Does quitting rf2 (or rf2 appcrashed) will allow you to still rejoin? or its just for DC cases?

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Discos and app crashes will allow a rejoin. Damage is restored on a rejoin. If you hit Esc you will not be able to rejoin.

13. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Ouch.

I was thinkin of using rejoin feature for mass turn 1 pile up in cases where its impossible to crawl to pit for repairs. :(

Anyways...good news for appcrash and discos!

Thanks mate!

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I was being serious, HDR early builds in F3 was awesome. ? No joke

I was just expressing same comment in another thread about the dial and windshield reflections.

edit: Here >>> http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-Screens-Only)?p=320133&viewfull=1#post320133

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2014
  15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I recognized heavy stutter when "Windowed Mode" is ON. On the other hand, when i switch "Windowed Mode" off, i can`t tabbing, because rF2 is crashing from then on. And now?

16. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi. Thanks for the latest update. It's really great and I had zero issues with the upgrade.

Now, about that new spotter: NO! No from every point of view. The sound quality is terrible with it being way too distorted. There's a difference between adding analog-type distortion/compression and what you have done which is way over clipping audio. It sounds horrible. There's seemingly no compression on it and you're blasting it with too much sibilance. There's no way that sounds like a spotter through a radio. Bring back the classy English gentleman, please. If you're concern about his audio level, a couple of added dBs will bring it up to unity.

Is the spotter audio files something an end-user like myself can modify? If so, I'd love to know how to go about doing that.

Thanks!
    JR

PS: NO!! [​IMG]

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

"<DataPath>\Installed\Commentary\Commentary\1.0\CommentaryEnglish-USA.mas"

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Keep in mind windowed mode with the Windows Aero mode on will force vsync which could look stuttery. You can try disabling the aero interface through your themes which will reintroduce tearing.

19. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Aero off on my side...

20. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Yay that worked, thank you! Good thing I had a backup copy from a prev build. Sir James the spotter is back [​IMG]

Cheers,
    JR