rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Some1

Some1 Registered

Ah, I was looking for the exact same words to describe the issue many times. Finally somebody said it correctly. Well said, K Szczech!

2. McLeo

McLeo Registered

Quote Originally Posted by McLeo View Post
    Please anyone can help doubt about one tip.
    On rFactor 1 i can use the full mirror, i can see on my mirrors, the back of car, like rear wing and other parts of the car. But on rFactor 2 i can't found any options like that? i remember i edit on plr file, but here can found any options like that on my playser.json file.

Exist?

Really would like

Thankd advanced.

So ISI is disable that "real mirror" ?

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Very good input there indeed K Szczech... I`ve been banging on about these graphics bugs in rf2 for quite some time now only to be told it was my beloved monitor that needed calibrated. I always knew that wasn`t the problem...

ISI do need to realise there`s a problem with the HDR in rf2... it causes these "oil patches" (that from now on I`ll describe as you have, erratic RGB values :)) and it also causes some of the helmets to show as all washed out and de-saturated, problems driving at night (because of the black pixels thing) and a few other problems. It just needs a serious looking at...

Really glad someone as knowledgeable as you has posted about it, maybe your words will carry a little weight regarding this issue.

:)

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

It's nice to have some pro's in tha house. :) I would be intrested to know how a gfx developer regarding there own monitors do work, and if they have there monitors professionally calibrated with special hardware or if they are driving them by standard settings, at least windows offers a very basic calibration wizzard which could be used beside some calibration images which can be found on the web a lot.

I did tryed that because of the purple in the black areas in rf2, but i don't remember if it helped, because the soft calibration is set to standard after each new driver install again, while hardware calibration on the monitors keeps still alive, but not every monitor offers all possibilitys for a good calibration, as example the windows calibration wizzard allows gamma fine tuning while my monitors are just going in 0,5 steps.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

I think helmet is only an issue with older released cars. But I agree on the rest, current HDR has a number of issues, it would be more pleasant to just run without HDR at this point:

- Oil patches
    - Noon automation lighting is not well according to ISI
    - SLI + triple screen + HDR runs very poor
    - Track from cockpit view is overexposed
    - More issues

6. Addict

Addict Registered

yes, the rF2 looks cartoony , very saturated colors . I have to turn down the "Digital Vibrance" of Nvidia control panel to make it look a bit decent but this does not fix it

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Today i switched HDR off, first time with B880, loaded a track and got everything on the track pink...Switching HDR on solved the problem. But for some reasons, i like to drive mainly with HDR off. Is there a plan to get a fix for this new bug?

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Maybe delete cbash, shader and if it doesn't help your profile

9. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Did you changed it ingame in the options or did you change it through the launcher config tool? Because i run mostly without HDR and sometimes i switch it on and i had a bug where my mirrors were overlayed with a white texture like a milkglass. Happend while i did it ingame, went off a server, switched it on and went back to the server, fixed it through restart of the sim.

10. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Nope, UI broken, with new Profile too.

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Will someone please confirm Mills optimization sucks? Reason is I don't know if I need to look at something on my end or not. No problems with performance anywhere but Mills. Also getting "shadow painting". I have deleted Cbash and shaders. Any feedback appreciated even if that feedback is that I need to put this track on the back burner for now. Many thanks in advance.

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I second (third/fourth?) this, as late as saturday I went through all possible calibrations of both video card and monitors, still get these funky colours in the near black areas...

13. tjc

tjc Registered

I didn`t even have Mills installed :p but installed it and let the AI have a few quick laps... high fps, nothing lower than 70 odd usually in 100+ range with 16 cars in a practice session (so not all cars on track at once) still had what I`d call good performance though.

I did notice some tree shadows popping in/out and as far running shadows are concerned they seem to be all over rf2 sadly...

Hope this helps. :)

14. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

OK thanks, TJC that does help...

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Your welcome man. :)

16. hammer666

hammer666 Registered

Anyone know how to force a HDR profile on a track?
    I'm doing some historic spa racing, and the auto HDR profile is way too contrasty (trees are all black), the "clear" profile looks much better, but every time I load the track (even swapping sessions) it sets the HDR back to the "auto" look, and I have to go into settings to change it from clear to something else then back again to fix it.

Also, any idea when the Eve F3 cockpit reflection bug will be sorted? I know I can turn off reflections, but that's not a fix really.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

HDR in F3 Eve is nothing short of horrendous more so at Spa, just forget it for the time being.

No rush for me, I need more GPU upgrade to even bother with HDR the sort of frames I like.

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Just deal with it ;) lol

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

It's only had malfunctioning reflections for a year and a half--stop complaining.

20. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Lololol