rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

B880 isn`t working with Directory Links (e.g. for Packages Folder). It`s just me?

//Edit: and i can`t select in the Mod Manager another Directory on another Partition for the Standard Packages Folder.

Each new Build new Bugs...

//Edit2: in the Package folder (on the other Partition) where some rfmod files from Build 860. After deleting these rfmod Files Mod Manager is working with this Path.

//Edit3: after deleting the rfmod Files, Mod Manager is working with Directory Links too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  2. coops

coops Banned

Can modders update there mods now ?????
    When will ISI get all there mods up to date ???? eg.. this yr or next and is this high on the priority list ??????

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

First a modder would have to study and understand what the new contact patch actually does and how to make it work realistically. I bet ISI is still scratching their heads on a lot of this.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What I would like to change is the strange lighting situation that has been there for "forever" where only certain colours are over-amped and over-saturated even in shade. The simplest way to see this is to fire-up the karts with 20 AI at the Quebec course #1 with sunny weather. Look under the tents at the kart paint jobs. Certain colours and certain areas of the karts' paint jobs glow as if they are in direct sunlight while the colour in the stripe or section right next to it looks dull as if it is in shade (which it is!). These certain colours (red is one) imbalance the look of just about every scene under almost all lighting circumstances. It's as though certain colours are ignoring the clouds or shade from buildings, while others are not. At least for me, fixing this issue (properly--and I have no idea what is involved, but I hope it is incredibly complicated to justify how long we have had to suffer looking at it) would bring about one of the most dramatic improvements in the look of rF2. I believe it is the main source of the complaints that rF2 looks "cartoony" compared to other sims. It is the main reason so many people on here openly admit to avoiding mid-day time slots in favour of early to mid-morning or later afternoon.

5. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Is false =1 or 0

"User Vehicle Data":false,
    "User Vehicle Data#":"0=save with user mod data (in CCH files), 1=save separately (in all_vehicles.ini)",

6. Ashes

Ashes Registered

I have tried to read through all these posts, and have not seen the following mentioned.

I have lost the "background image" on the UI when I am busy with a race weekend.
    I'll try get a screen shot if the description is not clear enough? Basically I see the last rendered 3d image as my background instead of the UI background now???
    Anyone else getting this?

7. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I seen this in another post, seems, it's an issue when you NOT use the HDR. Activate the HDR if not to confirm this solve the issue.

0 = false

8. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Hi Tim,

I tried what was suggested to do but with no good effort. I still got these "oil spots" as they were discribed here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22383-How-to-get-a-propper-dark-night

It seems that i'm not the only one seeing this strange spots.

View attachment 14752

This is the automated HDR profile but these spots appear independent of HDR profile or any ingame graphic settings. I found a little workaround here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/16728-How-to-change-HDR-post-gamma-value-for-everything

Adjusting the "post gamma" value to 2.30 in the "TrueLightsUltraHDR" HDR profile did the trick for me but this is just a workaround and i don't think it is the optimal way as many users may use the automated HDR profile and may suffer the same "oil spots" as me.

BTW. is the GetMod download bug fix? Yesterday i tried to host a server and the vmod download failed if a password was set in the server settings. Without password everything worked as it should. I don't know if i am just too stupid to set up everything right or if this bug still exists.

9. stonec

stonec Registered

Turn on HDR.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Did you restart the server after setting the password? There seems the be a bug when changing the password in the UI where it updates the dedi password fine but the HTTP server doesn't change until you restart the dedi.

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

OMG :D Great news. It worked :D Thank you so much Noel.

12. Ashes

Ashes Registered

Thanks MaD_King and stonec - will give HDR a go

13. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Jip!!!!

I can confirm that GetMod or server mod download with multiple passworded servers on the same host machine is working properly. :)

@Noel Hibbard: Now i can finally use your tool for the second stage of the GetMod feature!!! :cool:

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Mod Manager now automatically uninstalls a prior version of a mod when you install a newer version.

15. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Have anyone tried if race rejoin is back in this build? (eventho its not mentioned in the release note)

16. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Not sure it was ever out ? We have been using 798 and rejoin worked 100% - tested 880 and it still works.

17. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Oh goodie! Thanks! The last few builds it didnt work altho already set the rejoin line in .json to '1'

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Yep. Another thing missing from the notes. This new feature broke update components though because upgrades rely on the base component that got uninstalled. I'm sure this is a super easy fix though. So for now if you need to install an update you will have to use the ModMgr from 860.

19. brook

brook Registered

I do not know if it has already been said, but with 880, now in game plug-in start immediatly.

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

We're walking in circles, Tim :)
    LINK

Please don't blame it on our beloved monitors - they're doing their job just fine :) I know it's the first impulse, but the real cause of issue is in your HDR implementation.
    For near black pixels, your HDR produces erratic RGB values. This could also possibly be related to issues with red / purple / orange colors that people have been reporting repeatedly.

Instead of just telling us to calibrate our monitors, we would appreciate looking into this issue. It's not on our end. And please note you're getting this feedback from someone who did his share in 3D programming and artwork.