rFactor 2 Build 880 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 31, 2014.

1. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Tim -Just tried to Update to 880 again and now I get this message - "Checking for updates. Please wait for result.
    Update to build 880 found. Click the "Update" button to download and install update.
    Downloading UserDataControllerThrustmaster TX Racing Wheel.JSON.rfbz2
    Download error occurred. Retry number: 1
    Download error occurred. Retry number: 2
    Download error occurred. Retry number: 3
    Download canceled"
    I'm using a Logitech G25, if that matters at all.
    Shall I attempt a Lite install over 860 or wait for an ISI cure? Awaiting your wise words...

2. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks ISI
    Only a question: with new contact patch, tire pressure and temperature work in new vette and stock car?

3. Descoat

Descoat Registered

Please, please, please, hope NSX would be updated to new tyre model soon as new Vette will do.

:rolleyes:

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Because our lighting system uses the HDR system, the same way a program might use something to create any effect.

If you have purple, can only suggest calibrating the monitor, etc.

5. 88mphTim

It's a download error, and appears to be working fine for me. Is something on yoru system blocking it? If so, use lite, and unblock it. :)

6. Gjon Camaj

Gjon Camaj Registered

No additional meaning implied.

7. Carlo

Carlo Registered

@McFlex

"If you have purple, can only suggest calibrating the monitor, etc."

- Correct color profile installed for your monitor?
    - Monitor contrast set too high?
    - Incorrect brightness settings?
    - Settings in GFX control panel?

I don't see how you can obtain the effect that you desire without HDR enabled.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Because they probably have much more things to worry about than non-HDR graphics things. Why don't you try enabling HDR and lowering other graphics settings?...That may work out well, try it :)

Noel, why would someone download a car/track (package) and just have the package sitting on their drive without even installing it??...

9. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Which makes me wonder why you don't remove the ON/OFF -option. HDR OFF currently works as a Night-to-Day "cheat"

10. stonec

stonec Registered

Because the entire rF2 lighting engine is tuned for HDR, HDR is fundamental for balancing darkness/lightness of image. I don't think ISI puts any focus for HDR off visuals anymore, I wouldn't be surprised if HDR off option gets removed in subsequent build.

11. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Make sense, OK, I"'ll use the Lite install on to of my install :)

12. 88mphTim

For the same reason you can enable or disable other graphics settings. Because framerate should be the number one concern for a user in any game where framerate can affect gameplay. Giving options people can use to increase their framerate is one of our highest concerns for that reason. We're not a console title, every PC is different.

So is the brightness setting on a monitor.

13. pkelly

pkelly Registered

Tim - thank you. Lite version did unblock the update. Not sure of the technical whys but it worked. Will give it a go this afternoon :)

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

People do house cleaning sometimes and uninstall stuff but hold on to the rfcmp so that they can install it later without downloading again. But in our league it was mostly due to people going through the GetMod process and then getting hung half way through due to connection problems and crap like that which leaves the successful rfcmps behind without installing them. So then the next time they try to join again it will fail until they either delete the uninstalled rfcmps or better, install them manually in the ModMgr before rejoining. It just created too much confusion. I'm glad this is solved.

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I do that all the time. It becomes much too chaotic if everything I download for rF2 is also installed.
    Most packages I just need to test, to see if I like it. Some packages are installed for good.
    Having everything installed is just insane, as far as I'm concerned. :)
    I like keeping a clean house. The list menus of tracks and cars become cluttered with junk pretty quickly.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Another thing not in the change log is you can now host multiple dedicated servers on the same machine with passwords and GetMod will not fail. In past builds GetMod would fail if you had passwords set on both servers. If you already had the vmod installed you could join fine, even with a password. It's like the sim had the correct password set but the HTTP server didn't. I've seen a lot of admins complain about this bug too.

17. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Also..... hahaha... The handling of bad passwords has changed on 880. In past builds..... actually going all the way back to rF1.. When you join a server and mistype the password it would sit there doing nothing for about 20secs and then come back with a misleading message saying something like "Connection Timed Out". That would prompt everyone to get on your forum and complain that the server was hung. You would tell them they are mistyping the password and they would swear up and down they didn't mistype it. Hahaha.. This sound familiar admins?

Anyways, on 880, when you mistype the password it instantly comes back with a new error that says "Server Connection Failed". Still a little misleading but at least it doesn't punish you for 20secs anymore.

18. matf1

matf1 Registered

If I recall correctly, the rcmp would download again if you tried to progress (after restarting)but not overwrite the existing one. Essentially you are stuck in a perpetual loop unless you do pop into mod manager and see what had happened.
    Cost me an hour and a half one afternoon ;)

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I nominate Noel to help write the release notes. All these multi-player annoyances are important and if they have been fixed, why not tell people about it!?!?!??!

20. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

is anyone else getting issues with Fanaleds with this build?

i know they updated to H version the other day, but i cant get it going in game. works in windows though.