Reflective areas instead of heat haze or exhaust fires

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by I3bullets, Oct 27, 2014.

1. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Hey,

I had this problem for the first time in the previous build and hoped it would disappear after the update. But it doesn't :(

View attachment 14692

View attachment 14693

Does anybody know what causes this and how to get rid of it?
    rF2 64bit, 780Ti, running NV inspector for AA settings.

2. TechAde

TechAde Registered

I think this only happens if you use the NV Inspector combined AA modes i.e. 4xS, 8xS, 8xSQ, 12xS, 16xS, 32xS. If I remember correctly ISI consider it a bug in the NVIDIA drivers rather than a bug in rF2.

3. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Thanks for the answer. Disabling the inspector and restarting both PC and rF2 didn't solve the problem though. :( Any other ideas?

4. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Think there is a line in your player.json file to turn it off. Try looking there.

5. TechAde

TechAde Registered

What exactly do you mean by 'disabling Inspector'?

What you need to do is use Inspector to select an AA mode that isn't one of those I listed above.

Alternatively disable Heat FX in your player.JSON:

"Heat FX Fade Speed":0,
    "Heat FX Fade Speed#":"Speed at which exhaust heat effects reduce by half (0 to completely disable)",

6. scott420247

scott420247 Registered

I had the same issue and as techAde said disable the heat fx fade in json fixed it..if you dont wanna disable the heat fx then you'll have to change your AA in inspector..

7. I3bullets

I3bullets Registered

Well, I didn't run the program thinking that would prevent it from changing any settings. Maybe I misunderstood the way the inspector works...
    Now I changed the AA to 4xMultisampling and the heat haze is working correctly again. Thanks for that! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2014
  8. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

While I have ran NV inspector once, I haven't changed any settings and yet I have this issue too and I'm not even using any AA. So what could it be?

9. willz

willz Registered

turning hdr on gets rid of this grey balloon for me, but then i have to put up with the cartoony colours

10. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

this is the answer to your problem, don't worry about hdr or inspector........ stated by techade. You won't miss the heat fade.

Alternatively disable Heat FX in your player.JSON:

"Heat FX Fade Speed":0,
    "Heat FX Fade Speed#":"Speed at which exhaust heat effects reduce by half (0 to completely disable)",

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The heat effects are quite well done, actually. How do you know we won't miss them?

I use SGSS (via Inspector) because I can't tolerate the jaggies and shimmering if I do not. It's the only setting that will cure them. Interestingly with my particular settings, I only get the annoying bubbles in the rear-view mirrors. All regular views and replays are fine. Still waiting for them to fix this problem, but ISI has stated the problem is using the alternate settings, not rF2, so I am not holding my breath.