Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Connor Caple

Connor Caple Registered

That sounds pretty miraculous considering the sloppy, weak FFB I am experiencing here. I have two other 'new gen' sims and both of those are now working well with the G25, it's just rF2 that won't.

I'm open to sensible suggestions.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Not again, Steve. ;)

Guess we are cynical, paranoid tin foil hatters bent on conspiracy theories. The Box said so himself lol... ;)

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

4. stonec

stonec Registered

G25 FFB engines are quite weak. rF2 outputs "real" forces, meaning most of time you won't get max forces. The other sims mostly output max forces in every corner, making feedback feel tighter for cheap wheels, when in reality it's not.

5. Grandi

Grandi Registered

what on earth are you talking about?

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Rf2 doesn't have faked FFB. It delivers the raw steering arm forces directly to the wheel. It is designed to provide a large dynamic range so that smaller forces are felt as well as larger forces. Most other sims do a lot of faking of forces because everyone thinks the wheel should be ripping out of your hands all the time or else it's not realistic. In rF2 you have to stop expecting every little thing to rip the wheel out of your hand. Doing this would end up masking smaller forces.

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

With this "struggling rfactor2" we just finished an 8 hour race at Silverstone at VEC with 39 cars in 4 classes, and it ran perfectly! My personal internet connection didn't though but then it's a good thing that rejoin actually works and that I could hand the car over to a team mate in a quick driver swap, which also worked without a glitch.

We only had DNFs due to crashes and 30+ cars finished the race, just awesome even though our team had difficulties!

SRVN made this brilliant video...

8. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Awesome indeed!

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

SRVN went full on rF2 this season around and have had some pretty awesome, wheel to wheel, pretty high level, racing going on, all of them fully streamed including commentary. This includes some shorter multiclass endurance races including driver changes
    or a full field of Clio's for 6 laps on the Nordschleife. If you're Dutch/Flemish and looking for a league to join, I wouldn't wait ;)

The guys in the LMP1 class managed a P2 again yesterday, they are doing quite well in the VEC series!!

10. Connor Caple

Connor Caple Registered

That is not the issue I'm having. The FFB in corners feels strong, even when the car is going sideways! It doesn't 'let go' and go loose until I'm on the grass spinning the wheels, or similar. It's just not giving any useful FFB and is not worth driving. I cannot tell how much grip I have, so whatever 'forces' it thinks it's outputting, it's doing it wrong.

Yes, I've read/studied/implemented the info in that thread that everyone always quotes because they think it miraculously fixes FFB. It doesn't.

I managed to dial in the FFB in the other two 'current gen' sims and can feel the grip there very well. Accusing them of 'faking' the FFB is pretty lame, since their FFB actually works...

11. crz

crz Registered

That sounds like FFB clipping. Did you check about clipping with the pedal overlay plugin?

12. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Sounds like you and your wheel is doing it wrong...

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Still the coolest rf2 video I know... simple, yet stunning.

14. Maug

Maug Registered

Do your homework and learn how the FFB works in sim games before assuming anyone is accusing anything. This is due to the technology used in racing games, period. One uses direct FFB(rFactor 2) the others use effect thats are faked and sent to the wheel under certain condition.
    And lower your FFB strenght.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2014
  15. bwana

bwana Registered

Connor.your the first person ive seen say rf2 fb is worse than the others. You have something backwards.either your wheel setting or your understanding /expectations.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I think FFB is fine, you simply can not feel slip angle and it has been like this when build 860 was released. "Fixed the HDV parameter CorrectedInnerSuspHeightRear to work with rear axles, and eliminated the hacky AIEvenSuspension and AITorqueStab variables." Build 860 did ruin most of the third party and ISI mods.
    I hope it is going to bee better when new tire and contact patch is 100% updated in the future and when this is going to bee nobody knows.

At the moment rFactor 2 is not better then any other sim when we are talking about feel of grip (slip angles), feel of FFB and how cars behaves.

17. peterchen

peterchen Registered

How did build 860 ruined most of the third party and ISI-mods??
    In which manner?? And what have this HDV-parameter to do with it
    that are for the AI-behavior?
    What difference do you feel?

18. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

the thing i told my mates when they compare it to others

rF2 is a sim, not a screenshot generator

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Sure, their ffb works, but it has nothing to do with people "accusing" anyone of anything.
    It's just a fact, that they artificially boost the ffb, to make it feel stronger, as someone already pointed out.
    This in turn makes for a lot less accurate/interesting feeling. but most people just love that heavy feeling in the wheel.
    rF2's ffb is very different, and a lot more dynamic.

Your problem sounds really weird. Are all aids turned off? TC off?
    I have never experienced a feeling like the one you describe.

This where many people get extremely confused.
    I don't think ISI has has ever pushed this sim as a screenshot generator, yet a lot of people think it is. ;)

20. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Well "simple" it's not, there have been used post-processing in that video. But it does look nice :)