São Paulo 1.01 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Oct 24, 2014.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

I don't think it's nitpicky to request at least similar graphic realism for an rF2 track as for a game based on a 7 year old engine (GSCE). As was explained by Tuttle, there are several reasons behind this, but fact remains in daytime conditions the rF2 version looks inferior to GSCE version in almost every way.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah well, at least it doesn't look like a cartoon. That's a plus for me, washed-out colors or not. :) Plus we all know that this look is temporary and so on and yada yada... patience. This sim won't die a sudden death and be forgotten just because the grass is temporarily greener on the other side (pun totally intended though not very funny). :)

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I really dont understand you. For you every thing is perfect in rf2, but if every body is like you rf2 won't improve any more!

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am actually starting to understand you, sadly. You don't read what I write. At all. You maybe think you do, but that's even worse. Too many people like you, with the shortest of attention spans, and then put words in other people's mouths.

Can you show me any post I've ever made that says that this sim shouldn't continue to grow and evolve? Or any post where I state that this sim is perfect and needs on further work, ever? It might be quite a task to find one where I state that, but by all means feel free to give it a shot. :rolleyes:

What I'm talking about here is patience. A virtue very few people have, which in turn makes them extremely obnoxious when they go all doom/gloom every time they find a little flaw in rF2. Patience means that we just report what we find, and then just let ISI sort it out. Going all bananas over some weird grass that will be fixed very soon is... well, kinda pointless.

But yeah, if you think that my post means that the grass should remain as it is forever... I suggest you go back and read it really carefully again. That applies generally to all posts you choose to react to. Makes for better communication. :)

5. Nuno Lourenço

Nuno Lourenço Registered

Relax guys... Its monday :)

6. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol yeah, that might have a role to play as well. Maybe it's because it is Monday that my tolerance for having words put in my mouth is less than zero. :D

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. :)

7. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I think you are bit too sensitive to critizism of RF2 - ppl are simply pointing out that the graphics are a bit disappointing compared to an old sim. Nobody has said RF2 is dying and will be forgotten.

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

I'd expect soon to read rF2 looks like ZORK II. Please move on, this is going to be boring.

There is a basic rules on the net; if you don't have anything new to say, don't say.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're partly right. I am very sensitive, not to criticism towards this sim, but to meaningless repetitive non-constructive criticism of things that is about to get fixed anyway. Does it make any sense repeating these things over and over again? No, not at all.

And yes, in fact nearly everyday I see clueless people claim that rF2 is dying and will be forgotten because of such things as the buggy grass. It's not that I'm crying myself to sleep over these claims. I just have allergic reaction to nonsense. :D

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No one is saying rf2 is dying and you know that rf2 is by far the bes Sim out there, at least for me, I just want it to get better and better.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2014
  11. matf1

matf1 Registered

Why use the word but? I'm serious, why that word?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. stonec

stonec Registered

If you read my post and studied my video, grass was only part of the issue. I will make a new video and remove the old one when the fixed grass shader build is out, but I don't see how fixed grass would change wrong contrast of trees, curbs, unnatural color of sky and road, bad-looking clouds, too dark shadows, running shadows, etc. Those are all game graphics engine issues which don't exist in 7 years old engine of GSCE.

13. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The funny thing is that we actually agree on that. The thing is, however, that I don't feel like stating the obvious time and time again, about little graphic bugs etc. that a million people before have already reported. I have not experienced one single bug/flaw/glitch that hasn't already been mentioned on this forum at least 10.000 times. So I really don't feel the need to join the choir, my ears are already hurting quite badly.

Another point is that GFX nitpicking really, really annoys me. Of course I love good graphics, to a certain degree, but the camp that goes "arrgh the game is rendered useless because a single leaf on a trackside tree casts a weird shadow"... it's ridiculous imho. That's just me, but I really can't take it too seriously. If the car and the track feels great to me, then that's all that matters. I've just come to term with the fact that GFX will never be perfect, in any game or sim. Makes enjoying them much more easy, instead of having the experience ruined due to small flawed details. Life too short for that kind of stuff, imo.

But that old engine has other problems. That's just how it is, too bad, whatever. As I said, it'll never be perfect.
    SGCE still looks like a cartoon to me, compared to rF2. Everything is simply just too much, I keep being reminded that I'm in a game.
    In rF2 at least I tend to forget that I'm basically just playing a game.

15. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

OMG folks :) We all like rf2, that's why we are here, now let's talk about Sao Paulo.

16. Emery

Emery Registered

Sao Paulo with H6 Howstons, '65 edition... man, what a wonderful slidefest! Who has time to notice the grass when you're trying to keep the beast pointed in the correct direction?!?

17. Minibull

Minibull Member

Well I think the track is good XD

Nice surface, lots of hills and tricky corners, something REAL interesting to race on.
    It doesn't look like any of the scratch built tracks, but I can appreciate that we got a famous track that has been nicely done in a very quick timeframe. That makes more sense to me, especially as it allows us to have another world class circuit while the track guys focus on their next task.

The criticisms would probably decent had the team spent the last 7 months working on this.
    Then the other option would be to not have the track at all, seeing as there are so many other things for the track team to do. I know that I'd rather have this.

18. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah man, that's what I'm talking about! :) That's the real sim racer attitude I'm looking for. Just get in there and go as fast as we can. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's able to enjoy this track. I can't understand how small graphical details can make people not love this track. Oh well.

20. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I like first and last sector of this track, in second nothing exciting really happen, is there to burn my tires :)