G25 FFB inverted

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Tinte, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Tinte

Tinte Registered

I just started the demo and the FBB is obviously inverted, but i can't change it. I've searched and found the same thing over and over; steering effects of 10000 for the G25 profile to -10000, but it doesn't change a thing. The driver setting is as universally recommended 100% strength and the rest to zero. Whats going wrong here and why isn't this corrected by default profile? The G25 is not new, its a known thing from back in rF1.

2. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Which car is available in the demo?

3. Tinte

Tinte Registered

Erm, the Civic Touring Car, but why does that matter?

4. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Try running a lap at very low speed (say 80 kmh or less), just to see if when the front tires never lose grip you still have inverted forces in the FFB.

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I was only asking because I have seen in the past that some people mistake the front wheel drive feeling for a fault in the ffb. :)

6. mrsmr2

mrsmr2 Registered

It's very possibly the torque steer. The Honda has a lot of it under power.

Try what Max suggested. You should find the forces build when you apply too much power through a bend.

Lots of people thought the ffb for the Honda was wrong when it was released. It's completely different to the majority of the cars in the game.

7. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

The NSX should be the Demo car IMO.

8. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The torque steer came as a surprise for me too the first time. Then I researched it a bit. Now I absolutely love it! So much fun. :)

It's very likely that there's nothing wrong with your ffb. :)

9. Tinte

Tinte Registered

No guys. Its starts without even driving. The wheel completely locks to one side (depending on which i initiate). It has nothing to do with torque steering (I am aware of the effect of powerful FWD). I've played the big sims over the years, mainly lfs, iracing, netkar and now ac. I never was big into rF1 (or GTR/Race for that matter), but its exactly the same thing from back then, when you have inverted ffb. The strange thing is, editing the value doesn't make a single difference.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Wow that is mighty weird indeed. Maybe reinstall the sim? Or reinstall the drivers for your wheel?

11. TechAde

TechAde Registered

If editing the value doesn't make any difference it would suggest either a) you're editing the wrong file or b) you're editing the file whilst rF2 is running. What's the exact path to the file you're editing?

12. Tinte

Tinte Registered

C:\rf2\userdata\controller\

I did have the launcher open. I'll try again later.

13. TechAde

TechAde Registered

You need to be editing the Controller.json in your UserData\player folder. Editing the files in C:\rf2\userdata\controller\ modifies the saved profiles but those changes won't take effect until you load one of the saved profiles.

14. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

perhaps this may help...

15. Tinte

Tinte Registered

@TechAde, loading the profile is given. I didnt expect it to magically use it. ;)

@Ulrich, i've used that file which makes it not spin completely to lock, but it still feels weird. I also applied the 450° and other sliders (which i hope is not requirement to change each time using a different car). What i am experiencing is, a knock when turning in and then its basically loose and tends to go in the direction of travel, which i guess can be attributed to the torque steering effect, but its completely lifeless and without any nuances. Also, it rattles when hitting the rev limiter...