Transfagarasan Asphalt Hill Climb

Discussion in 'Locations' started by myself9, Oct 20, 2014.

1. myself9

myself9 Registered

Me too. Interestingly, it also happens in the same place in the Assetto Corsa version.
    I'll have some time to take a look at it this week. The first culprit that comes to mind is all the logs on the side of the road. I think that's the section where it's happening, right?

2. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Thanks to everyone involved with this project! Try the D4 Hillclimb monster here... FUN!!

3. myself9

myself9 Registered

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for working on and improving this track. It's worth it. Seems to be a good overall base without any show stoppers to suggest ongoing incremental improvements won't be successful.

5. myself9

myself9 Registered

I drove the course a bit tonight for FUN rather than over-analyzing it.
    I didn't get any frame drops like I did last time during gameplay, but the frame hits during replays are just insane.
    It's got to be because of the new invisible walls that were put in in order to cast shadows for the mountains.

I had the time set to mid-morning and it's just so friggin' cool when driving up the heavily shaded valley and then hit that bright, vast valley at the top.
    It seems worth the replay frame hit caused by the shadows to have that kind of immersion when driving.

6. Thrindil

Thrindil Registered

Any updates on this?
    I love the track!

7. myself9

myself9 Registered

I'm a total hack, and consider it a miracle I got the course to even function at all :p
    No more updates will be done on this course by me (except maybe trying to do the gravel version?), but if anyone else feels motivated to take on the task, have at it!

8. INTEL48

INTEL48 Registered

had permission from creator of this track, 2 yrs ago, have almost completed, all 12 layouts, all gravel, and ashpalt, sections, as rf2 doesn't support realroad-dirt, I have have had some success with a partial dirt-realroad... having probs with spec layer{dirt} while night driving, daytime is perfect, , putting 190+ Omni lights has helped, and cars that have a yellowish beam, make it better to see real road effect at night, problem number 2 is.....dust on gravel roads, have edited TDF file, ....baffled...some values are 10000 and higher, normally around 10, with marginal effect...anyone got any ideas.........................................
    Frame rates are still over 80FPS, added marshal and startworkers...approx. 220, that's when I had frame rate issues, went down to 40+...have removed animations

release very soon

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2015
  9. myself9

myself9 Registered

Awesome! Great news

10. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Nice! Excited about that! I love this track too!

11. Ozzy

Ozzy Registered

12 layouts [emoji54]!!! Wow, thank you so much. Driven so many laps on the downhill version....

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I also have the track (v.57)from Race Dept and the track crashes all of rF2 back to the launcher before any of the progress bar starts to fill. Going Solo in both race or practice. 64bit dx11 version of rF2.

13. GuitarTech

GuitarTech Registered

Will the upated version work with DX11? The v0.57 version doesn't ........shame :(

Alex72 and TurboPig78 like this.
  14. Gupster

Gupster Registered

It seems to not load in DX11 Beta. Switching back to DX9 might be the only way to drive this road for now.