Why are people still playing conversion from rfactor 1?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eltidi, Oct 19, 2014.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

It is sad to say it, but in 3 years on rf2 we have only few tracks built from the scratch, specially high quality tracks and we can count then
    1- Croft
    2- Poznan
    3- Hockenheim
    4-Putnam Park
    5- duns fold
    6-Symmons Plains
    And that's it. 6 tracks in almost 3 years is a misery number and half of this 6 tracks have the name of feels who isn't anymore here.
    Yes I know that we have some good conversion from rf1 as Mid-Ohio, Sebring and few more, but for the rest 90% of the conversions are very low quality.
    I know that no one wants to say it, but there is a serious problem with rf2 modding, no now wants to make tracks from the scratch and that means that we won't have a sufficient high quality tracks in rf2.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sure, we want it all, but we can't.

Don't include me in that statement please.

Said from day I prefer if rF2 had a seperate server for ( Pro) version with no addons.

On the other hand I am also happy for anyone to drive what they like.

So....... why not make 2 versions ?

rF2 Pro ..............no add-ons, no aids, harder and rules

rF2 Standard .......... anything goes

Hello ? .............. like is there something wrong with iRacing ? :rolleyes:

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I have no idea what any of this meant :(

4. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

well mate that is your problem.

Try to take single sentences at a time .....................

............or are you just being antagonistic for no good reason.

Undertstand that !!! ? loool

omg

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Original post edited.

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I think separating more and more pilots, racing only get emptier.

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have to read your posts twice to understand, but I have to say that I like your style.

8. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

In the end no one forces people to drive on crappy conversions. Its all about personal choices.

9. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

Truxton, Autopolis, Cadwell Park Euro Ring, Nice tracks

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I agree with your point of view. I think that lot of conversions are really bad made, but as you said, that could be a first attempt to make something better later.

A point to remark about conversions, is that you can get that track that you liked so much as you knew it, and it doesn't care if that track was totally accurate at the first time, at this point it doesn't care.

I will love to have the old Kyalami track from GPL, converted several times. Who knows if the layout was accurate or not? for me Kyalami is that track.

11. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Nope, I've just no idea what you're on about.

Edited to say, I'm not trolling, I was just seeking clarity. I genuinely didn't get the points you were making is all.

Meant no offence or anything.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2014
  12. myself9

myself9 Registered

I can't be included in with your "Everybody".

As far as the hill climb league I'm in goes, there are zero ISI courses for us to use. We want very badly to "let rfactor 1 go", but we're twiddling our thumbs and praying for courses we can race on.
    We got the beautiful scratch built Route666, and all that remain for us to race on are a few conversions from rF1.

So our choice is this: Drive rfactor1 courses in rfactor1, or drive rfactor1 courses in the supreme and godly driving sim that is rFactor 2.

No contest :)

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There was at least 1 track in rFactor 1 which was laser-scanned. Does anyone know it's been converted to rF2 yet?

14. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Theres this version of Eastern Creek but i dont believe is converted from rf1 laser scanned one..... http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/21236-XREasternCreek

15. stonec

stonec Registered

It's the same with other new simulators, 95% of modded tracks for AC are quick conversions from pre-historic games. Time and effort required to make a good-looking track in 2014 has grown so high that very few have time or skills required by this task.

16. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Longford, Botniaring, Route 666, Elaintarharata - Eltsu and Neva Ring just to name a few more scratch build tracks. Dunsfold i wouldn't count because its Tigermoth and released through ISI. Laguna Seca and Spa are coming later. South Shore should be nearly ready for a release and a beta of Zolder is also on the way. People use 3 to 5 months time in their fulltime Job to release a track with all those gimmicks and you expect more tracks for free from modders in such a short time? Think about how many guys never buy rf2 because they read your reply and just think that its not worth it with those 15 ISI tracks and just 6 from the modding community. And on top of everything else you start to blame other people for blocking tracks because they are not progressing like YOU think they should do.
    Bahrain, Newerburg Ring and Lienz are wonderful conversions for example which also took a long time to get finished and polished.

17. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Longford I don't know if it was out in rFactor but Botniaring was for it. Laguna Seca will be paid, Spa will be out who knows when, and judging by the info given we'd be lucky to see it in 2016 - if it ever gets released.

Creating tracks to match today's standards (appearance and accuracy) is extremely laborious and everyone should respect that. It is unfortunate that conversions don't improve the textures and material settings, road meshes, AI, and often don't improve trackside objects that are blockier than 8-bit Mario's nose. These days with so many tracks being created with the same base and fine tuned to games, it would be wonderful to see collaborations bringing AC-scratch made tracks (most currently in early-middle stages of development) to rF2 and vice versa.

18. speed1

speed1 Banned

No problems to understand Durge. In my words ...........keep the scrap for yourself, i get sick when i see all the scrap around, while i agree with Denstjiro to some extend as well. Sometimes I tested things where I could not believe what I saw and i think it is an attitude thing, either I'm doing it right or not at all.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2014
  19. BobDobbs

BobDobbs Registered

Exactly. I sometimes think people get in a car and just drive around admiring all the fire extinguishers hung on the pit walls. Maybe I'm hyper-focused, but when I'm racing in a pack of 20 cars, trying to squeeze between two of them and late-brake into a corner, this does not happen: "Oh, no - that's supposed to be an oak tree there at the apex, and this is clearly a birch!" Aaah, lost my immersion, CRASH!

20. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Lol at " Think about how many guys never buy rf2 because they read your reply and just think that its not worth it with those 15 ISI tracks" please now!