[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Manov you cannot change the names of the AI drivers. Every car mod in rF2 comes with a number of AI drivers names. Also this works with names of drivers (human) in case of private leagues without AI drivers.

Basically you need to have sound samples of drivers in the drivers folder within the spotter folder. In v1.9 I've included sound samples for the car mod by ISI Formula Two. I suggest you first try the Formula 2 Mod by ISI and you should hear the driver names.

Then if you have other mods you will need new sound samples for them. For example if you have an AI driver called John Smith, you need a sound sample called John Smith.wav

You either record them using a microphone or else use a text-to-speech application. If you want send me a PM and can send you a tutorial how to create driver sound files which come close/match to my sound pack

Jeffrey

2. Manav

Manav Registered

Thanks Jef for taking the time to respond to me! I'll PM you separately to get the tutorial so I can add driver sounds for the mixture of car mods we are running on our local server.

Love the work you guys are doing on this!

3. Carlo

Carlo Registered

jefcam, two extra closing braces in event "YellowInS3"

Lines 390, 392

Probably doesn't affect anything now, but might cause problems down the line.

4. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2015
  5. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

Hi guys...anyone still have the link for this soundpack?

Thanks Gerald and everyone for this!

6. jefcam

jefcam Registered

You have it in there (post above) in the description itself!

https://mega.nz/#!bdEy1AYZ!20nfWck3JIuBIrwQrewUlnM5WhfSXCYQ_UVLZ95orKI

The soundpack above is not compatible if using the new events from v1.9 as many sound files are missing. Also not sure if you have missing sounds with Geralds's version 2.0.4.

Before I started my own sound pack I contacted this guy and asked him for new sounds, but replied that he was not interested.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Amazing work. Thank you folks. [emoji41] [emoji106]

8. Vintook

Vintook Registered

I'm trying to set the vehicle tires/brakes values in the vehicleclass.ini file for the stock cars. I started the debug.log and got the correct name for the car I selected.
    [2015 Titan StockCar].

My question is what is the category.name= and where do you get that?

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

You can extract the mas file of the car and have a look into a veh file, or you could use carstat2 (search the forum), to get the category.

10. Jkarlo

Jkarlo Registered

Thanks for your amazing work, i have a few suggestions for the plugin,

-Instead of " accident in sector x", could add an event to tell the name of the driver, " drivername has an accident in sector x"?
    - will be very nice in the race pitoutevent to know what tires other drivers are using, like " drivername is using soft tires"?, or with freepie saying the name of the driver and telling you the tires they have
    - an event to know when someone enter in the server like a sound or drivername, in and out track?

Just a few ideas i dont know if they can be done, but thanks and waiting your updates

11. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Regarding the drivername in accidents can be a bit problematic as sometimes only 1 driver is involved in accident and some time more than 1 driver can be involved. SO that is a problem

Regarding the tyre type there is something in the api which identifies the type of tyre. This can be done. However the problem I see here is that we overload the scripts that happen during pit exit.

At the moment the important thing is that we test what we have so far. Its important that what we have so far works 100% good. Then we can start maybe thinking of new events.

12. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Don't remember but if tires info are in the telemetry part of the API (I think yes) Those data are available only for you, not for oponnents.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

13. jefcam

jefcam Registered

How is the spotter plugin going in Online Leagues or Offline Racing?

14. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

No problems so far while testing in online practise with newest version. Last race was still with an older version. Next race will be with 2.0.4 and 1.9. looks all good so far.

15. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Do not use old version in online competitive racing as might get crash it pits. Version 2.0.4 + 1.9 works great. I've used 4 times for online testing and no problems.

More than happy!

16. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Can't give Feedback ATM because I've to rule out the reason for CDT. Because of this I've disabled all plugins for testing and analyzes.
    (After I extended my Rig with SimX Stage 1 Parts and a new cabling)
    Regardless of the circumstances, I am very satisfied with the plugin and how it works.

17. supanova

supanova Registered

Is there any way to seperate spotter sound from the rest of the audio? I'd like to put the spotter through headphones to isolate it but I can't find a method to do so.

It sounds like you adjust volume through the spotter volume control in the rF2 interface, so I'm thinking perhaps the developers would have to add an option to use different sound outputs, or use the Windows default communications device.

18. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

Il don't know if it is possible. I will make some searches.

Envoyé de mon GT-N7105 en utilisant Tapatalk

19. supanova

supanova Registered

Thanks, Gerald.

I have the feeling it's an outstanding option for the developers to add, but maybe there's a sneaky workaround somewhere.

20. Corti

Corti Registered

Please, someone can get the voice packet in German. In the version I think rfactor1 were SirMaverick but all the links I find are old and are no longer operating.

regards, Corti. ;)