[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

May i could add some more information on this...

- if the function is not added to the track gdb, drs is working everywhere and in all sessions, must be enabled and disabled by pressing mapped button (rear flap)

- through gdb it`s possible to allow drs in certain zones

- the zones are: drs detection, drs activation and drs deactivation (DetectionLapDist/ActivationLapDist/DeactivationLapDist)

- additional to the deactivation zone, drs is deactivated by pressing the break (and by releasing throttle? not sure at the moment, away from rig) and by pressing the mapped button

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
  2. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

As soon as i have confirmation by jefcam that all have been fixed, i will release a v2.0.0

This version provide a new feature: ability to play loop sound in dedicated channel, and offcourse the way to stop a loop sound in a given channel (up to 5 different channels are available)

This will be used to play sound during pit stop, until your pit crew finished to repair,change tires, etc...

For example
    Code:

Event=PitStop
    {
    // Event properties (note that these are not applied if this event is played by another event)
      Detail=1  
      Spacing=0.0
      Priority=1.0
      Probability=1.0
      TTL=10
      Break=0.25

// Repeat until duration ends
      Repeat=Off
      Duration=0.0

Volume=1.0

Variable=Session {
            Value=0,13 {

Variable=Input1 {
                 Value=1 {

{[B]FileLoop1[/B]=pitstop.wav }

}           
                    }
                }
          }

}

Event=PitStopEnd
    {
    // Event properties (note that these are not applied if this event is played by another event)
      Detail=1  
      Spacing=0.0
      Priority=1.0
      Probability=1.0
      TTL=10
      Break=0.25

// Repeat until duration ends
      Repeat=Off
      Duration=0.0

Volume=1.0

Variable=Session {
            Value=0,13 {

Variable=Input1 {
                 Value=1 {

{ [B]StopLoop1 [/B]}

}           
                 }
            }
        }
    }

3. Gerald Jacobson

Spotter v2.0.0 Available

- Fix some inconsistencies and issues found by jefcam
    - Add new Trigger "GamePhaseChanged"
    - Add new Commands "FileLoop<x>" and "StopLoop<x>"

Thanks

4. TeroD

TeroD Registered

Big thanks to Gerald and jefcam for your work and continuous update/fix rate! :)

Small question/feedback/request: would it be possible to make the car radar icon update rate faster ie. movement smoother? Right now to me it's jumping too big of a distance at once and that makes it a bit difficult to track/see. I hope you know what I mean.

- Tero

5. Gerald Jacobson

Unfortunatly information to rhe plugin are provided by rF2 at a fix rate of 0.5 second. And i don't want try to implements a predictive system

6. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Spotter Plugin Sound Pack v1.8 - By Jeffrey Camilleri www.virtualracingmalta.com

This is a new sound pack for this fantastic spotter addon by Gerald Jacobson (v2.0.0). All sounds have been re-recorded and includes new sound files for new events.
    Note: Designed for users who intend to use driver names.

DOWLOAD SOUND PACK HERE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vh6urbinzmhpk4q/Sound%20Pack%20v1.8.rar?dl=0

Includes updated DefaultEvents.ini and DefaultRules.ini - Required for NEW EVENTS / UPDATED EVENTS to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept lists of Names and Surnames to create driver sounds to be compatible with sound pack to be used in your private league. Contact me by private message or email: jefcam@euroweb.net.mt

Previous Log File: DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.8 Log File:
    - Improved Event=NextSlower (Added more sound samples)
    - Fixed that Event=tyretemp and Event=braketemp are not executed in 1st lap or during race start
    - Fixed Event=PitCountDown back to normal saying 5, 4, 3, 2 1 before reaching box.

- New Event Pitstop (when doing pitstop spotter will say "Brake Now" and then hear the drilling mechanics sound)
    - New Event PitstopRequest (when doing pit request, spotter will tell you one of 6 different samples like "Crew will soon be ready. box this lap!"
    - New Event CancelPitStopRequest (when pitstop is cancelled you are acknowledged from spotter)
    - New Event DRS Allowed (for when DRS can be used)
    - New Event OutTrack (when all 4 wheels go in grass, dirt or rubble spotter will tell you either that tyres are dirty or to look out when entering back in track)
    - New Event StartComment (in the beginning of race you will hear one of 8 positive indications by spotter).

READ - README FILE ATTACHED WITH DOWNLOAD

Suggested Audio Settings:
    View attachment 18068

Regards
    Jeffrey

7. TeroD

TeroD Registered

Ah, I see and understand. Not sure a predictive system would be a good idea anyway. Thanks for the reply :)

8. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

Just installed your new v2.0.0 along with Jefs soundpack 1.8 and noticed 3 issues.
    1. when on track driving I began hearing the pit sounds (air guns ect...) even though I was not pitting. Found this very distracting.
    2. Once while on a lap I crashed and when I hit Escape to return to garage my game black screened. (had to Cont alt del and reboot game).
    3. Once while racing the game just froze.

Have tested your last 3 versions along with Jefs soundpacks and never had these issues so I think its something in this particular version. Great program and improments are coming nicely and rapidly but I think you have a bug in this version.

9. jefcam

jefcam Registered

1. should work only when pitting. Will check it out.
    2. might not be an issue with spotter. (will check if this happens to us as well)
    3. also this did not happen to us ( will also check)

thanks for your feedback. make sure you installed v2.0.0 and put the files in the right location. will come back to you later. We did not have enough time to test.

10. baristabrian

baristabrian Registered

If it helps here is some more info. I was using rF2 build 1008, the URD v1.97 and at the Barber Motorsports Parck circuit. I use no other plugins of any kind. system specs in my sig below.

11. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Same issue with rattle guns sound for me. Happens when any car is in pit. Once sound started could not escape game or stop the sound. Hard reboot required to restart PC.

Game freeze as well once.

12. Gerald Jacobson

If you two use jefcam pack. Could you test with the rules and event files provided in the spotter package.

Thanks

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Seems there is (again) something wrong with the brackets. Starting at // Tells player who is in pole - QUALIFY ONLY - NEW BY JEFFREY (line 1790), where bracket from line 1822 seems not needed...

//Edit: and the bracket in line 1861

//Edit2: found more wrong brackets...2865, 2867, 2987, 3023

//Edit3: But there is even something wrong with the bracket from Gerald`s ini. Would be worth to check line 123. This bracket is closed with bracket from line 1316...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  14. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Juergen-BY tell me the events which you said having missing brackets. I am not sure on this. Dont give me line numbers just give me the name of the event which have opening brackets not matching closing brackets.

Jef

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just use Notepad++, as somebody else mentioned before...

16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Seems there is (again) something wrong with the brackets. Starting at // Tells player who is in pole - QUALIFY ONLY - NEW BY JEFFREY (line 1790), where bracket from line 1822 seems not needed...

ok just installed notepad++

From line 1790 to line 1822 everthing is ok. The bracket in line 1822 is the closing bracket to bracket in 1793. (6 opening brackets and 6 closing brackets)

checking the others

bracket in 1861 is a closing bracket to opening bracket in 1832

all these brackets you said 2865, 2867, 2987, 3023 are ok. Don't know why you are saying that are wrong. Each event must have the same opening and closing brackets.

Example 2987 is closing bracket to 2958
    3023 is clsing bracket to 2996

ps. at 3pm I will be home and test this pit/crashing thing and will let you know. Its not brackets i think.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

seems we`re both looking in different files? I`m using your latest version, v1.8:

View attachment 18164

18. jefcam

jefcam Registered

We are opening the same file.

As you can see it has 6 opening brackets and 6 closing brackets. I've marked them 1 to 6 opening coresponding with closed. For me that is ok despite marked in red in notpad++.

That is just an indentation/code convention problem but not a syntax error or logical error. Indentation problems do not effect the program to run its just a matter of readability

[​IMG]
    image post

ps in the original file by Gerald in line 123 I think you are right there must be an extra bracket after 169. However that event Event=MyPlaceChanged is disabled in Gerald's original files. There is not active rule for it. In my version I've changed that event and now its working. Not sure if that missing bracket is Gerlad's original files may cause a problem. But in my files I think there are no missing brackets

I suggest you wait that we (me and Gerald) return home and test our version.

19. jefcam

jefcam Registered

whitmore said that the car is repeated when another car enters. I think this is a small problem and we can solve easily. the sound must be played only when you car enters pit and not other cars. will speak to Gerald.

20. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thats the point, np++ marks the corresponding bracket. When you mark e.g. your #1, there isn`t any corresponding bracket found. But i know nothing about this event files, just knowing np++...