[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. elbo

elbo Registered

Funkhauser, I and probably a bunch of other folks, would be much appreciative if you shared your reworked sound files.

cheers,
    elbo

2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Maybe you're right :cool:

Open up the spotter.ini and change
    to
    Put the zipped folder "EN_radio" into your sounds directory ;) Please note that these sounds are only edited original sounds (I added some filters only, no additional background sound or noises yet!). Oh and feel free to further improve these sounds if you like to :)

3. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

- For now, you can't mix using the spotter plugin different sounds.
    - There is no visual indicator when there is car around you, but there is already a message for that.

4. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

To 1: OK, but would this be possible? If not this only would mean we have to mix the sound samples - would be a bit of work but no big deal ;)
    To 2: I know. That's why I asked you if it would be possible to build such an plugin. You know the code and the outputs of the game so I was hoping you can tell me/us if such an plugin is possible :) And as I said before I don't want the spotter to tell me who's around me. To be honest this distracts me more than I have any advantage of it :D

5. elbo

elbo Registered

Funk
    Thanks for the sound pack. Very well done!

6. Vintook

Vintook Registered

FuNK, the sound pack downloads but it shows empty, I've tried 4 times now. Could it be corrupted?

7. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Hmmm, it worked for me a few days ago. Maybe try a different browser?

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Anyone got the names of their league players working in the spotter like rf1 did?

9. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Download works for me. Don't know where the problem is. Is the file size 11.9 MB and file type 7z?
    Make sure to use the latest 7zip program - but I think this is obvious ;)

10. Vintook

Vintook Registered

Got it now, used the latest 7zip program. Thanks.

11. Gerald Jacobson

Here the feature asked by FuNK!
    Plugin v1.8 Available

Add opponent indicator. You can disable it or choose 1 of the 3 mode, here the new Spotter.ini entries
    Code:
    Visual.Car.Radar.mode=3  // 0 = off, 1 = elliptic radar with indicator inside the edge, 2 = indicator on screen edge, 3 = elliptic radar with indicator on edge (3 is the best in my opinion)
    Visual.Car.Radar.radius=25  // radius (meter). Only display car if the distance is less than this radius
    Visual.Car.Radar.Angle.maximum=150  // (degree) 0 = exactly behind, 90 = display only is car behind  

A new "Images" directory have been added.

Here an exemple of the 3rd mode.
    View attachment 14711

12. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Amazing! :cool: Thank you so so much! This is exactly what I was looking for :D You are my personal hero :D

But because I'm an annoying child getting one wish fulfilled and directly asking for the next I would like to ask for the modding compatibilities :D Is it possible to reduce the circle on the screen to e.g. 80% so the indicator is much more in the field of view? You used a circle for the indicator, this means an arrow image wouldn't work because it will not be oriented automatically right?

13. Gerald Jacobson

Ok, i will add a ratio for radar width and height.

Yes, i use circle as i had not enough time to implements rotation yesterday, and i'd prefer to provide a version instead of hold it several days just for that. Additionnaly, i don't know if my circle indicator is good enough, may be a plain red losange will be more noticiable.

14. Gerald Jacobson

Plugin v1.8.1 Available

- Add the possibility to shrink the two radius of the ellipse (radar edge) -> two new ini parameters

Code:
    Visual.Car.Radar.Horizontal.scale=100  // (percentage) 100 mean the edge of the radar touch the left and right screen border
    Visual.Car.Radar.Vertical.scale=100  // (percentage) 100 mean the edge of the radar touch the top and bottom screen border

15. Corti

Corti Registered

Thanks for this work mate.
    ;)

16. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you for your work!

Yeah, I already replaced it by a simple red donut-shape :) Anyhow an arrow would be my prefered indicator - but no need to hurry because of this!
    While thinking about this one other thing came to my mind: The indicator is now "flickering" and doesn't move smoothly around the screen - would it be possible to smooth its movement? And maybe a fade in and fade out!? But all of this would be of veeery low priority ;)

17. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Thanks for all the continual updates.

A while ago, I posted that I couldn't use this program in my VEC endurance league because, when I came in for a driver swap, my rF2 would CTD. The swap did work, but since these races are up 24hrs long with multiple drivers, that was too risky.

FYI, Trackmap does work, and the spotter in rF1 worked there.

Just wondering if you saw and addressed this or have any insight into it.

This is a great program otherwise ... I use it in all my other installs. Thanks for your effort.

18. Gerald Jacobson

I recieve the car location every 0.5s If i smooth the animation, so i will introduce an additionnal delay of 0.5s, i think it is not a good idea as it start to be huge in race condition.

Unfortunatlly, i did not tested this yet, i will try to test it with a mate and see how my plugins react.

19. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

It seems ISI spotter is "fixed" with the new build. Haven't tried it yet but is this going to cause any changes to your spotter?

20. Gerald Jacobson

Not for now. I will be able to use thier engine once they have added additionnal function i have created.