Interlagos coming to RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hamiltonfan2205, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Surely they'll be in a future version of GSC that uses rF2 as the base, not in rF2 directly. It's pretty obvious that Reiza is implementing chunks of rF2 technology already. If they were developing it themselves in parallel, then that would be quite odd and I wouldn't expect to see content sharing co-operation.

Reiza can't use rF2 as-is in its current unfinished state, so bring in items one at a time as they are "finished" quality and learn all the intricacies while they are at it. Sounds like a sensible strategy from a team that has demonstrated incredible attention to detail and care for quality.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You really think the new GSC - and possibly FT - physics updates are from/based off rF2 programming/coding rather than Reiza's own programming/coding? Hmmm....interesting.

3. stonec

stonec Registered

Based on Interlagos one can't make much concolusions of any deeper co-operation in my opinion. It only made sense for ISI to acquire rights to this Reiza track beause it's based on quite good data, saves a lot time and effort of remodeling everything. Acquiring/buying a track doesn't mean there is anything deeper. Btw, Loch Drummond was also work by same artist who made Interlagos.

4. isamu

isamu Registered

Can someone please explain what is going on this video and why rFactor 2's name is attached to it, especially since Interlagos is not even out yet?

Why would someone post a video depicting real life footage of the track, but is has nothing to do with rFactor so why use the name?

5. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

The video is rFactor. Trees don't pop up IRL ;)

6. isamu

isamu Registered

But I thought the track is not out yet? Plus how do you explain the incredible graphics in the video? I mean, lets be honest...rF2's lighting doesn't look that good. That video looks like REAL LIFE!!!!

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Post processing in the video editor.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

9. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

It doesn't. It looks familiar to your eyes because it simulates a old TV camera color space or a bleach bypass process, but both are not real life related. They're the output of something in the middle, processing a signal.

10. isamu

isamu Registered

Thanks for the explanation. When do you suppose they will be able to incorporate this type of post process effect into the actual game in real time? Are those lighting effects not possible for in-game graphics to produce?

11. Hagen Tröger

Hagen Tröger Registered

the point is, it doesn't look like a video game

12. stonec

stonec Registered

It is rF2, it's a ripped off rF2 mod from older GSC Interlagos version (2010 or 2011). I have it on hdd, it looks worse than the Interlagos ISI is making.

If you by realistic mean this desaturated look without colors, then no thanks. That is not how real world looks, I bought a color monitor to play games in color, not to simulate how an old TV camera looks.

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You sure? I saw pop-up trees today while sitting on the train. That, plus the desaturated and grainy colors all around me made for a very everyday experience.

Wait... maybe I should go see a doctor... :D

14. TechAde

TechAde Registered

15. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

I'm glad you've even had the doubt that the video was real, I did it with just this purpose :)
    I modified the colors a bit, lowered the resolution, and added some effects, trying to make it look like a video of Prost's era, that's all :)

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

That's a pretty good work Baronesbc, really impressive :)

@isamu, yeah it look like real life, see through an old camera from this era. Could be funny to have such effect, but it's a video effect, nothing to do with real life driving experience ;)

17. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

exact :)
    thanks!

18. isamu

isamu Registered

Haha. I would honestly play any racing game with those effects if the game could deliver them with good framerates. I'm a sucker for that photo-realistic desaturated look. Good work baraonesbsc.

19. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hrr. Whatever floats your boat I guess XD

20. baronesbc

baronesbc Registered

Thanks :) but honestly I would not use these filters to play, it would not be very realistic to me, maybe would be good to see them in the replay ..
    the intent with the video was to do something like this: