Interlagos coming to RF2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hamiltonfan2205, Oct 10, 2014.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

2. FatCity

FatCity Registered

great stuff! I'm sure the RF2 haters will still find something wrong with it though lol.

3. Maug

Maug Registered

Luc Van Camp aka SLN worked on the original loch Drummond aswell. His name is in the credits, just saying.

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Reiza and ISI further collaborating...all they need to do now is get together and back eachother up 100%, and use the name of that youtube user as the name of their title - "Simulated Heaven", or as a heading-title for all further content released under both parties' collaboration - "Simulated Heaven Design Works" ;)

5. stonec

stonec Registered

As far as I understand Reiza is not working on this track for rF2. Collaboration means ISI got permission to use GSC Interlagos layout and modified it for rF2, it looks basically very similar to the GSC track. The design is good and this type of track is much needed, so good choice.

6. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

This is brilliant news, such a great track.

This announcement has got me thinking, we're really doing quite well for high-quality WEC tracks in rF2. We've got Silverstone from ISI, Fuji and Bahrain from modders, Interlagos on the way, Apex working on Spa. The work on Virtua_LM's Le Mans that ethone's describing in his blog right now implies that a modern-layout version is coming from them... Just thinking out loud here but it's great!

So... when do we get some LMPs, ISI? ;) ;)

7. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

That's correct. :)

8. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

9. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Thanks ISI and Reiza, more quality content, oh boy :)

10. Fraggon

Fraggon Registered

The Oreca3 would be nice, used alot lately, but I guess pCars has exclusive rights?!

Great work on the Interlagos track!

11. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Reiza seems to do really good work, so I'm looking forward to this track.
    Some of the modder-supplied tracks really excite in RF2.
    I absolutely love VLM's Mid-Ohio for online racing.
    There is nothing better or more rewarding than getting a good lap there....same for the SPA conversion.
    I'd love to see Road Atlanta, Mosport Park and a good version of Brno.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2014
  12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

A circuit that is under appreciated IMO. Never understood why it isn't asked for more. Oulton Park is another not so popular track that is top notch. Mont Tremblant would be an excellent license for ISI since it hasn't been officially licensed in any sim AFAIK.

Here's another race track that gets overlooked.

[​IMG]

IMO it's best to stay away from tracks that have been done time and time again by other devs. Go out on a limb and do some great circuits that aren't well known since there is plenty out there.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
  13. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Oulton Park is popular with me. It's a great track. (nope, it's a fantastic track)

14. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

Hello, I wonder when it will stop the spray from getting into the cockpit when we drop the windshield is impossible and unpleasant the effect of rain on the RF2 do not understand the release of new material that has been unfinished things? I'm really enjoying the RF2 but in the rain ta difficult, I am Brazilian forgiveness for English but just want to see this great simulator

15. Rik

Rik Registered

Collaboration
    Reiza in exchange will take the model of the tires of RF2?
    I've read this:
    New preview showcasing some of the upcoming GSC Extreme developments for v1.25 & beyond - new tyre model features such as flatspotting, dirt pickup + visible flexing under load. Bodywork such as front & rear wing also vibrate and flex according to vertical / lateral loads. All tyre effects are fully dynamic and integrated into the physics. Also currently under development but not as evident here is more advanced drivetrain physics, including remaining ERS functionalities for the F-Extreme, turbo modelling & realistic transmission.

16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Those are Reiza physics modifications that they are introducing through plugins.

17. Rik

Rik Registered

for clarity. I really like the collaboration between ISI and Reiza.

18. stonec

stonec Registered

I hope for more collaboration in future as well. Although in this case it was probably more question of common sense move. Reiza has a good layout based on accurate data available, which was probably lot cheaper to obtain than to first purchase track license + data, then spend 6 months building track for rF2.

19. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Impressive group of professionals working at ISI. Creative and cooperative approach for getting new licensed content. Track and car design keeps raising the bar each release, ditto for core development. Looking forward to this track. :)

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm getting more and more excited by this Reiza/ISI collaboration as time passes.
    I am absolutely in love with all those cool South American tracks in GSC, and would love to see of them officially in rF2 at some point.

Imagine Velopark, Salvador, historic Interlagos and Jacarepagua, Brasilia, Tarumâ, Buenos Aires or Cordoba with ISI standards of quality, Real Road, all that good stuff.