rFactor 2 Installation Directory

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by ShakeIt, Oct 10, 2014.

1. ShakeIt

ShakeIt Registered

Greetings,

I have completed a forum search but was unable to find any solution to my issue tissue.

Currently rFactor 2 is installed in 'Program Files (x86)'. To take full advantage of 64bit rFactor, must I install and run it from 'Program Files' instead?

I've noticed no difference running 64bit instead of 32bit except for my plugins not being compatible and was wondering whether this was the case.

Apologies I'm no expert with technological computerising gadgeterising information.

Very Big Thank You and Regards to those that help :cool:

2. ShakeIt

ShakeIt Registered

***** Thread bumped so hard the iRacing forums server has just gone down *****

Apologies if this is a quick bump, I suffer from premature forumulation and don't have much time

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

There is no difference Shakeit. What plugins are you having issues with? Are they in rFactor2\Bin64\Plugins?

4. canastos

canastos Registered

You can use default folder without problem, but I have always used another folder, even another drive, and it has saved me a lot of headache dealing with installed items and user data

byyyyyyye

5. ShakeIt

ShakeIt Registered

Thank you so much MatF1 and Sergio Canamasas.

The MoTeC plugin by LaZzA is NoT wOrKiNg in 64 BiT (I don't know how MOteC is stylised so I just manipulated the whole sentence instead). I don't think there has been a version released however for 64 bit therefore when recording telemetry I have to use the 32bit part of rFactor.

What is the point then of these two folders if it makes no difference to 32bit and 64eating programs?

6. ShakeIt

ShakeIt Registered

Now I am trying 64bit for the first time in months and it is not starting up. The screen goes black after I select single player from the launcher and then it just crashes!

Now I am confused, I thought crashing was only supposed to occur inside the simulation and not when it is starting up ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) winkwinkwinkwink PUN

But anyway..........., why is rFactor crashing when I try to run untick running 32 bit and want to use 64 bit instead?

Please help me every tear that falls out of me eye right now is pain unlike no other.

7. canastos

canastos Registered

I would recommend a "step by step" procedure: beginning with a clean installation, configure your options, add some offcial content, check both 64 and 32 bits, and then add only one thing, mod or plugin, each time and check if it still works
    Of course, if possible, could be enough to undo the last actions you had done, but if that's not possible, then begin from scratch ;)

byyyyyye

8. matf1

matf1 Registered

Yep, the first post here has 64bit version: isiforums rFactor-2-Motec-Plugin
    Microsoft decision to avoid each application trying to load the wrong resources, more for programming than end users.

Finally the black screen. This can be UI or driver related but most people that have reported the issue here only had it solved after a complete re-install.
    Procedure for doing so can be found here: Fresh installing by Tim