Rockingham BTCC

Discussion in 'Locations' started by PRC Steve, Oct 8, 2014.

1. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

This is my point. I got the track. It states " by neel jani" so I contact neel jani for permission. In the text info box in mod manager all credits are given. Even to someone who gave me advise about night lights. I think any future updates can stay on my fb page as half the tracks on here are grey area, look at zandvoort its ripped from simraceway.

2. Richard Chmielewski

Richard Chmielewski Registered

I have no issue with you using the content. Actually I was glad to see the track available for rFactor2. I only wanted to make sure you knew where it had come from, and the effort various people had put into making it.

I hope that you use it as a learning tool to grow your knowledge of track modding, and maybe one day, you will be able to make tracks yourself. That was something I always wanted to do, but lacked the skill, and time for. It is not easy. And now rF2 brings so much more to the art, that I feel totally in the dark of how to do the work!

Best of luck, and I can't wait to race all 13 previously available layouts!

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Ha ha I think maybe 2 or 3 layouts in the next months but 13 omg lol. Thanks for the support Richard. Yes I began just by a straight port. No real road.... nothing. Then I unsuccessfully tried to put real road in zandvoort. It worked but I didn't know how to split the materials so ended with illuminous curbs that got slated in the tired of ugly tracks thread.. fast forward and I can now understand a lot more. I can make reflections. Animated workers add and remove stuff etc. That knowledge is all going toward my 1st scratch track when I could have given up from negative comments. So when someone with as much experience as you gives his blessing it spurs me on. Thanks

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

He is well known for the published tracks for GTL, GTR and rF, but he's not known for creating things from scratch :p.

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

My point again Gui. I get a track and on the loading screen or in the text file it says created by Neel Jani.... How the hell am I supposed to know it comes from completely different sources unless like Rockingham as an example... the original creator shows up. We have tracks now in rf2 that have possibly got here via 5 or 6 different titles. GPL into GTR, GTR into Race 07, Race 07 into Gtr2, Gtr2 into rf1 and eventually into rf2. But you know that.... peeling back the layers so to speak to find the actual original is getting quite ridiculous.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As I said, don't waste your time since they are all unauthorized anyway. The original modder or "creator" we are referring to can't give authorization to someone today because they never got any from the real owner (whichever publisher of the game the track comes from) in the first place. Just be polite and share credit where it's obvious and move on.

7. mkilner

mkilner Registered

I love this Track!....Maybe in the next Update there can be a tweek to the AIW at the 180 Turn at 'Tarzan', the Clio's always clip the outside of the grass and spin out causing an AI Race to be ruined!... ;(

The Multiple Layouts from the rF1 version should be fairly easy to port to a rF2 version, would be happy to assist if need be!...Great Work!

8. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

When I built the new PC a week or so ago, I formatted a drive I believed to be my OS drive and it turned out to be my modding/content drive, I lost everything. I just haven't had the heart to start up again recently as I had a scratch built track in game and working quite well. Maybe after Christmas but if anyone wants to change anything please do.

9. mkilner

mkilner Registered

Ohhh NO!!!.....ugghhh, i can relate...so sorry!
    ...I wonder how i could get at the files to modify them?...AIW should be very similar to the rF1 Version as would be the 3d Mesh?

10. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

Depending on what you did to the drive during and after formatting, you may be able to recover some intact files from the drive. There are free tools like Piriform's Recuva and OfficeRecovery's FreeUndelete that can dig out files on the drive so long as they haven't been overwritten. FreeUndelete can be installed to a flash drive or CD and there is a "portable" version of Recuva that you can run from a flash drive (or CD) so you don't risk further damage from overwrites during installation. You won't know until you try. Good luck.

11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

No is the simple answer.I cannot mod/convert to save my life.

12. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I clicked the link and it says the file has been deleted.....

13. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I did but its a very poor conversion compared to some tracks these days and I just haven't the skill, knowledge, time or software to make it any better or open up the other routes. I rather hoped it would get continued by someone with better skills.

14. Matt21

Matt21 Registered