TrackIR (5) working fine with rFactor 2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Should help with understanding all the settings and customization possible with TrackIR 5

2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

im not gonna watch 55 min of videos for this :-D But cheers

EDIT: so i briefly watched some of it and i know all that stuff...
    My TrackIR app doesnt seem to remember some settings tho like my smoothing is always set to 50 when i trun my PC on regradless of me decreasing it down to 10 previous time. It for some reason knew rFactor as a game when the app was new but now its no longer in the Titles list, the App it selfs isnt very finished it seems to me

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2014
  3. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

I cant even get the drivers installed and camera detected , having loads of problems just trying to get it to work , should not be this hard from a new install .

4. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

rFactor isn't in alphabetical order in the list, it has been added at the bottom somewhere.

I usually check the 'exclusive' box for the profile and force the profile I want.

5. kaptainkremmen

Did you install the software before you plugged the camera in?

6. RodBarker

RodBarker Registered

Yes I did , also went through the trouble shooting guide at Naturalpoint to no avail , spent hours on this with a machine that has had no issues with anything before this , looking at their website its quite common with many people having issues with their software driver detect , I currently have a ticket with them to try and resolve it .

7. Comante

Comante Registered

It's a pity you have problems with your track-Ir . I never had problems with it, for driving, having no deadzone in the "left -right" axis (now I don't remember the name) is much better, then is up to preference if you want to have a linear response , a 1:1 ratio or not. With a single monitor the ability to look into the turns allow better trajectory, better apex finding, and you can do this without a "fisheye" FOV . I love it together with realheadmovement plugin. I make everything much better.
    I hope you get around you issue soon.
    Have you tried different usb ports ? Apparently not all ports are made equal.

8. kaptainkremmen

Is it just in rF2? If so , what have you got this line set to in Player.json.

"Glance Rate":120,
    "Glance Rate#":"Rate to follow controller for glancing",

9. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

no, it was 7 (?)

10. kaptainkremmen

As far as I can tell the Glancerate is used when you use 'look left' and 'look right' buttons. It slows the movement down so it isn't quite so sudden when you hit the look buttons. Problem is it also affects TrackIR causing your view to lag behind if you move your head faster than 7 can keep up with.. I don't know what values are allowed and it doesn't notice so much when you move more slowly but it certainly helps when your head is moving quickly. Crank it to 100 and try it.