opponent cars lagging / screen laaging in offline and online sessions

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Joggel_3000, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Joggel_3000

Joggel_3000 Registered

Dear rFactor 2 Community,
    i got a problem with the entire rFactor Programm.
    I'm Michi Hoyer of Formula Simracing FSR Racing Team The Venus Project Racing. I did the first 4 Races of the season. last sunday i did the 10th race after 5 month of break... i used the same system than before.
    The opponent cars - no matter if its online or offline - keep lagging in certain conditions. Depending on the trackposition the problem occurs. To show you what i mean and explain i made a video of the issue which you can find here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANiAdX8z9vk

the video explains the problem pretty much. the opponent cars keep moving forward and backwards during driving. If the problem is really intense, there is another problem which makes driving really impossible. It is some kind of slow motion. it seems like Time Multiplier goes down to 0,6 or sth. On this tracks it occurs in the middle of Turn 1/2 and right before the point i leave the track and hit the barriors (turn 6 or sth.) although the tachometer shows me a certain speed (for example 250 Kp/h) visually i'm doing much less than it. This gives me the feeling that i can take the upcomming corner in a faster speed - i accelerate - and then this "slow motion" stops and everything is normal again. Then i leave track and the race or drive is over. Additionaly during this slow motion the Lap time keeps running in normal speed.

VGA Card has 50 Degree
    CPU Occupation: 80%+
    RAM Occupation: 42-50 %

This lead to the following situation:
    in Formula Simracing (FSR) i did 1.25.2 in Melbourne with Qualifing setup. During the real Qualifing (with a lot of opponent cars on track/server) the problem occured mainly during sector 1... in the end i couldn't go faster than a 1.28.4 ... which gave me P 23...
    Racing. was just impossible.

Here is what i did so far

graphics: lowest setting possible on Resolution 1920x1080 32 bit. auto detailed FPS set on 60: avg. FPs of 32-51 ...
    I made a new and fresh Windows 7 64 bit. Even with new Windows and only rFactor and required mods installed same problem.
    System:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 with 4 cores @ 2,66 GHZ
    8 GB RAM DDR 2- 800
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti. 1 GB DDR4 memory

System requirements of rFactor 2.
    2 Core at 3.0 GHZ
    4 GB+
    a Direct X9C GPU / VGA with at least 256 MB of Memory...

after i matched that so far i wonder why this problem occurs.

To me it seems that my PC or my CPU is not able to calculate the exact positions of the car. I'm not quite sure why this happens. Is it possible that the game is not good programmed enough. so it sees a 2.66 MHZ core which is less powerfull than 3.0 GHZ per core... because my quad core should easily make the system requirements mentioned of rFactor 2.

Has anyone else the same problem?

Please help me guys

yours Michi Hoyer

2. modlicha

modlicha Registered

I had exactly the same case a few days ago and I think the cause is thermal throttling. Lagging and slowdown appeared when my phenom 1045T reached 72 degrees of Celsius.
    There was a lot of dust on the heat sink and fan. After removal of this I had a temperature of about 52 degrees, and everything was fine.