4 Possible Major Graphics Issues

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Spinelli, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

ISSUE 1:
    Graphics maxed out. Time set to 12 AM and when lights shine on the Civic, possibly other/every car (not sure) the colour of the paint looks almost pure white. It's as if there is a thick layer of haze or heavy, heavy white dust covering the car. As you spin the 3rd person camera around to the other side of the car where the lights aren't shining, the proper colours come back in.

View attachment 14422

View attachment 14423

I did notice Tim say the following in the Tiger Dome track release thread:
    If this is the same issue then I guess it should be fixed next build, if not, then you guys seriously need to look at this. It says "Terrain" so I have a feeling it won't fix my issue above

ISSUE 2:
    Same track, same car, same TOD, same everything as above. While the Civic is in the garage before I move out to the pitlane, there are absolutely no shadows whatsoever around the car, underneath it, nothing, there is no way it's supposed to be like this. I mean no shadows AT ALL.

View attachment 14424

View attachment 14425

ISSUE 3:
    Same track, same car, same TOD, same everything as above except rain enabled. You cannot see the rain in the air falling, you cannot see any rain in any way, shape or form. You can hear it though. I then set weather to the hardest rain, the stormy one. Only now can you BARELY see any rain dropping - some VERY, VERY faint greyish-black lines going across the screen. This has to be a bug there is no way the rain is so visually almost non-existent. Oh I'd like to add that the car's headlights were enabled, and yet it was still almost impossible to see any visual sign of any rain whatsoever. I tried disabling the headlights as well, just in case.

View attachment 14429

View attachment 14430

ISSUE 4:
    Same conditions as issue 3. You cannot see any water on the ground or even any reflections. It is nighttime with lights everywhere, yet there are no wet-style reflections on the road at all. Wet + night time = tons of glare and reflections on the road surface, but not in rF2 at the moment. It seriously just looks like a 100 % dry race, not the slightest hint of water, glare or reflections on the surface (or anywhere for that matter).

View attachment 14426

View attachment 14427

View attachment 14428

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2014
  2. Mulero

Mulero Registered

ISSUE 5:
    At sunrise or sunset sunlight seeps below ground giving horrible results. Shadows flying, red light, strange reflections of light ... This completely breaks the day / night transition.

View attachment 14431

ISSUE 6:
    Night races are impossible now. When a car behind the headlights illuminated the windshield by fixing the reflection that prevents to see anything.

View attachment 14434 View attachment 14435

ISSUE 7:
    Cockpit camera looks terrible when the sun is low and straight. The sky is completely white, objects are too light, no contrasts ....

View attachment 14432 View attachment 14433

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I hope ISI sees this thread.

4. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Here with Amd/Ati then i might assume low performance if i want care my 60 fps at road for race with 20~30 cars. I can´t use AA because get 8fps in 2 Anti Alising steps, quickly.

Then i must left out a lot of graphic quality and road performance with this ressults:

View attachment 14456

And now ready for photo, but it´s not drivable wih this config neither similar

View attachment 14457

For me this is another and big issue with very bad performance along time ago.

I know, all it´s my fault for working 3tv with ISI game.

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Junky, make sure you're not using supersampling AA in you4 ctrl panel.

6. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Instead AA, i use SweetFx for become some harm colour with Radeonpro.

Supersample it´s a forbidden word here:rolleyes:

7. peterchen

peterchen Registered

juankyskys, you are using sweetFX, so a third party post processor and
    complaining about bad performance???
    Facepalm!

8. juankyskys

juankyskys Registered

Try with shadows&reflections in low, AA off, Anisotropic trilinear...how do you see your game?

Using Sweetfx it is only for don`t lost colour charm, because i could use SMAA In Medium. Very sensible with light changings.

Only problem with this, is that i may set anothertime in each track for better look.

My performance allways 60fps, but bad feeling through my eyes. People with low end pc are feeling same than me.

Offtopic off, turn on ISI graphic issues, please.

9. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

The low light reflection issue is an old problem. I think its has got to do with the reflection shader (duh)
    And the lack of shadow in the garage is because rF2 dont have Ambient Occlusion pass.

And did u turn on Rain in graphics setting?

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

As some of the first words of my post say - "Graphics maxed out" :) . This was b860 though (or the build before that, I can't remember). I haven't checked if these issues still exist in b880.