ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Tr3voRR

Tr3voRR Registered

Awesome thank you, but any chance you could add semi-auto please ? I like to play in automatic but still have the ability to upshift or downshift myself and short shift myself if I am spinning, or downshift before a turn etc.

2. crz

crz Registered

Thanks Sderenno :)

Server is up with full working get missing components:

servername: www.f1-sim-racer.co.uk
    modname: ASR_Ferrari_643

3. bwana

bwana Registered

Great !! That's will be my drive until your next release

4. batito

batito Registered

Thank you very much, fantástic Job

5. crz

crz Registered

Wow that thing makes me work my wheel :cool:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

First rule of sim club....

blame the setup.

Second... blame the mod :)

I will have to try this soon, I'm sure it will rip my arms off! :D

7. crz

crz Registered

Drove it for two hours and don't want to stop. :D I have to work tomorrow so I can't continue but I'll visit the track again tomorrow. Anybody up for some laps tomorrow night? (~8 pm uk time)

Only thing I found to complain about are the mirrors. I wasn't able to adjust the left or the right mirror separately. Also I can't see them properly, even with TrackIR but I guess that is due to my low FOV and I am on a single screen.
    I know tyres are a pain to create and it is probably asked too much but do you plan to do different compounds like in the rF1 version at some point? I loved to cook a set of qualifying tyres in one lap. :D

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1 to both of these. The model and sounds are fantastic.

Does the mod have some degree of look ahead hard coded in it? Mine is set to zero, because that's what I prefer, but I still get the effect when using this car. Only this car.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

bravo !!!

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

There's all sorts of complex head/environment/cockpit, tilt, turn, vibration, shake, g-force etc. movement settings that get coded in to the car files. Different amounts, multipliers, all sorts of numbers. That's why there is such a variety when it comes to this stuff across so many cars (including rf1 and other gmotor based sim's cars). So while this particular movement may not be the look to apex option, which you said you set to 0%, it could be a whole host of other settings.

Also, in your player.json file there are some other numbers you can adjust, but the majority of them are in the car's file.

I know this isn't helping you to solve your issue, but I just wanted to explain why setting the look-to-apex and head movement options in-game doesn't affect every single kind of movement. Also, you may be able to go into the car's files and play around with this stuff, it may or may not make the car a mismatch online, I can't remember (it doesnt affect physics, so I hope it does not cause a mismatch).

11. steeve

steeve Registered

Great mod. Thank you

12. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Impressive car, thanks!

13. clockit

clockit Registered

Great mod, shame it's such a resource hog.

14. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

It is a wee bit hard on frames, but biggest problem for me is the bubbles on the rear end of cars, (just thought, maybe it is connected to the exhaust heat thing) I think I fixed it before with a setting in the player file. Will check that out.

Otherwise, I'm liking this, might be tad better than the other mod that is on hiatus for now. Pretty darn exciting to drive, only around sebring so far.

One other thing, I don't seem to have any problems with look ahead. Doesn't seem to me that there are settings hard coded. I remember someone commenting about a Mak Corp mod having look ahead probl ** that was it - "Heat FX Fade Speed":0,ems. I didn't have the same there also.

*edit "Heat FX Fade Speed":0, it was set to 30, change to 0 and no more bubble. (player.JSON file under graphics)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2014
  15. cartandretti

cartandretti Registered

You guys are the s#it, thanks for your time and effort, your work is exemplary. Thank you.

16. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Haven't looked into the files yet but I believe its the way the headphysics.ini file is set. I remember something similar in the GP37 mod, they had an option to disable the feature. Its not really look ahead, it simulates the driver tilting his head in the turns.
    On a personal note I kinda like it, it exaggerates the feeling of G-forces.

Edit: Just quickly looked up the 1937 GP mod and there's talk of 2 versions of the .CAM file

17. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Gonna test this... I'd like to see an option to turn the head physics off. For me personally I tilt my head going into corners so it would be best to have the cockpit stay put. Also if someone was to use this with the Oculus Rift the inbuilt head movements (if they can't be switched off) could cause a bit of nausea.

18. Justy

Justy Registered

+1

Only had limited time to test it, but, other than the head movement, it feels like a great car so far. Thankyou very much ASR.

19. Slamfunk3

Slamfunk3 Registered

Only had a chance to turn a handful of laps but that's all it took. I LOVE this car. The physics feel rich. No active suspension and no third springs makes getting this car as low as possible and still drivable a real challenge. Seeing the brake discs glowing from the cockpit put a giant smile on my face. Congrats on a tremendous job and thank you very much. Can't wait to fully get into this car.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I want to put more time than a few installation laps on this car in more than just one track before giving feedback, for now I can say the spec map on the car is a mirror :)p). I was having oversteering issues on Eau Rouge (not taken flat out, it's impossible for pre mid-2000s cars) and gross understeer when the front wing is at about 60% of the possible angle (12 out of 20).