[REL] rF2 Pressure Calculator

Discussion in 'Other' started by ViSo, Sep 25, 2014.

1. ViSo

ViSo Registered

[​IMG]

Despite the image, this aplication is in English and Spanish, you can switch the language in Idioma/Language button.

This is a simple and powerfull windows utilty that will let you calculate your optimal pressures for your mods in rFactor2.

1a: Just search your car on the list below the calculator, and clic over the tyre you want to calculate your pressures.
    1b: If your mod is not there, you have to add both Base-Pressure and Multiplier manually, they are inside the Tyre.TBC file, search for 'OptimalPressure' values, the first one is the Base Pressure, and the second one is the Multiplier.
    2: Open a program like MoteC, and open your prefered stint, search for the 'Tyre Load' values, your must have 4 values, one per tyre, put them into the calculator, and press Calculate.
    3a: Thats it! you have now your pressure to add them in your setup!
    3b: There are a few mods that dont use Kpa for tyre pressures (TBC files and this calculator always works with Kpa), if your mod is using psi or bar, convert your kpa result to psi/bar using the converter.

Download v1.0.2: https://www.mediafire.com/?dndy0ne6haiyu8v
    Required: Framework 4.5.

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Can we use this thread as a database? As people run this for different mods, report here what you found. Before you know it, every mod out there will be figured out and listed here

3. Nils

Nils Registered

I might be wrong, but the tbc file is only used to get the pressure to use as base in the setup as far as I know. TGM file contains info on tire behaviour regarding pressure etc. On the other hand the whole tire pressure thing (physics-wise) doesn´t work at all in the current state of the sim

4. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Well, rF2 is not completed, Im using this app to equal pressures, instead to put 120kpa on all tyres, if this app give me 157 159 162 165, I have that as a reference, and change pressures for qualy or race with the same differences, for example: 127 129 132 135. It is just a reference until ISI complete the actual Beta-stage game.
    If the pressure is loaded on TGM I will change the app to follow that, for now, that a good reference, some people reported me they are faster with calculated pressures.

Is my first time programming, so, Im using this for learning too.

5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Should we insert the parameter with decimal point or comma, because i'm getting different results.

6. ViSo

ViSo Registered

Comma.
    Notice that the dot is ignored, remove it and you will have the same results.

Enviado desde mi Note 3 con tapatalk

7. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

.TBC values are for AI only

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I just found out about this now. This looks awesome. I downloaded it but I'm not sure how to use it. I thought I need to enter in the actual tyre pressures after a few laps and then it would advise me what pressure to change my tyre's garage settings to for something approaching more optimum, but instead, I have to download motec and use some sort of tyre loading values?

P.S. Will there be any more updates?

9. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I think this tool is useless because only the AI uses the .tbc files. Player uses the .tgm files

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

So the optimum tyre temps and pressures stated in the TBC file are therefore irrelevant to us players, correct? If so, is there a way to get the proper data needed?

11. McFlex

McFlex Registered

I don't think so. And without cars having the new contact patch model, pressure adjustments don't have that big influence on tire behaviour.

12. AlbertDaugherty

AlbertDaugherty Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2017