Quick Host or Dedicated Server Prototype: Likes, tips for improvement. and help

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Gijs van Elderen, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

Hey All,

I was testing the Dedicated Server Prototype:

It works very nice:
    Select a car and a track/layout click on add.
    Select an other car and an other track/layout and click on add.
    Click on race and done. :cool:

I've created my week schedule of races on the game server in 5min. :cool:
    So no more creating Vmods on my PC, Copy/pasting and installing on the game server.

Some thoughts for improvement:
    - The options knob doesn't work at the moment. I think it has to be implemented. (Most of the races have the same format, so i can live with that at the moment)

- "Temporary" Vmods.

Pro's:
    Vmods are created and installed automatically for each race. The client downloads only the Vmod necessary for the "active" race. :)

Con's:
    Vmod download doesn't always works at the first time. :( It takes multiple attempts some times. (maybe some tips for me to improve this feature)(passworded server)

Tip to improve::rolleyes:

Vmods are installed automatically but they don't uninstall and delete them selfs. After I close the server the Vmods are useless, and I have to uninstall and remove them manually.
    If I don't! uninstalling out-dated content isn't possible without finding the culprit.

Same thing on the clients side: After they logout of the server the Vmod isn't necessary. So let it uninstall it automatically. (Maybe keep the option to save or delete it !!!)
    The Vmods are very confusing to a lot of new comers to rF2. Especially with uninstalling out-dated content.

What do you guy's think. Any tips, help, improvements, thoughts are welcome.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Auto-delete, sounds pretty great imo, even those getting a disco and returning would only be kept at bay for 2 secs.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Is there an admin code to vote to next race? Vote to next track didn't work.

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

5. Gijs van Elderen

/callvote nextrace : Go figure!!! :p

Thanks mate, I'll give it a try. :cool:

6. Gijs van Elderen

/callvote nextrace [proceeds to next event in dedicated server track list]

Nope didn't work... :(

7. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

Hi,

the Dedicated Server Prototype works nice, but it would be very nice, if there were no crypted filenames... I would appreciate while using the dedicated prototype if the Track and vehicle were automatically shown in the matchmakerlist in game.

8. rer8

rer8 Registered

I just tried this. This should be shouted to the community. Awesome process. Saves several minutes. Well done ISI.

9. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

I've just setup a prototype server with multiple vmods. The only way you can advance onto the next track is server side by clicking on "Go To Next Race >>". If you vote the server onto next track client side all it does it reload the current track it's on. Does anyone know of a way to advance server onto next track client side?

Many thanks,

Kevin
    www.revs-simracing.co.uk