Brands Hatch GP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Paul Knapp, Sep 25, 2014.

1. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Historic F3 and modern FR3.5 2014. Hardly satisfying even though I love that track.

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i thought it was pretty solid, but then im also used to dealing with assetto corsa conversions that are literally undriveable.

3. endonesia

endonesia Registered

Hexagramme...

There is nothing wrong with the surface of the track. Ok, so the AI is slow.

You are the one sowing confusion.

People think you have the wrong version, because you are the only one who doesn't think it's any good.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

SO... **** or the ****?

5. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Lol and you are what, telling me to think it's good? And what, declare that I think its good to avoid the poor folks getting confused. Lol that has got to nominated as quote of the week man, cheers... :rolleyes:

When I throw the car into a corner, carrying lots of speed, my wheel feels like it's being torn apart because the surface is so rough. I don't get that feeling anywhere else, and it's quite a gnarly feeling too, so naturally I'm going to avoid it.

That plus the fact that the AI can't get within 12-15 seconds of my most sloppy lap means I'm not going to be using this track unless it receives an overhaul in the future.

As I said though, this doesn't mean that someone else can't get some fun out of it, hotlapping, online or whatever. I never said people shouldn't use it, and I appreciate the effort that went into it.

So that's all cleared up then... people are funny sometimes. Love something and you're a fanboy. Criticize something and you're a cynical buzzkill sowing confusion. Quite amusing. :) :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  6. endonesia

endonesia Registered

I don't experience that feeling.

Maybe you need a new wheel.:eek:

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I do most definitely need a new wheel, I need a high end super torquey crazy wheel that'll rip my arms off lol. But that's besides the point here. My current wheel is just fine.

As I said I don't experience that feeling on any other tracks I use, ISI made or 3rd party. Which means something is different about this particular track, which again means I'm not going to be using it. Simple stuff really. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

8. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Well, I've tried the track with Eve F3 (F3 historic car like Hexagramme) in Practice phase with AI strength=120% FFB multi=0.75 (my wheel is a T500RS with control panel config= 60% overall and 100/100/0/0 and STM=0.03) : I'm slightly faster than the AIs (1 or 2s the lap but not 12 or 13s as Hexagramme did) and the surface feels slightly rough when fast corners but it's very slight and not at all uncomfortable as Hexagramme feels.
    My conclusions:
    1)Hexagramme is right, the AIs are too slow.
    2) Hexagramme is much much faster than me!! (1or 2s for me and 12 or 13s for him!)...or I'm much much slower than him! lol
    3) For the rough surface I don't feel the same as him : is it the wheel? the FFB? the real road? the wheel's settings? the setup?...I don't know.

In conclusion, I recommend this track to slow drivers (like me!) with the same wheel and the same settings...and the same taste! :eek:

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I only had AI at 100 percent strength. Maybe that's the problem.
    But again, AI shouldn't really be 12 secs off my worst pace even on 100 strength. Should it?

So no, I'm not much much faster than you or anyone for that matter.
    I didn't mean for it to come across like that. I'm just mystified.

Regarding the road surface, of course wheel and wheel setup has a huge say.
    But again, none of the other tracks I race have this nasty feel to them.
    I'm not a modder, but isn't that usually called "low poly count" or something like that? Excuse my bottomless ignorance.

Anyway I'm not out to diss this circuit! I'm just saying there are a couple of factors that don't satisfy me.
    Graphically I like it though. I might give it another shot with higher AI strength and with other cars.
    Again, I just don't like to have to change the AI settings for every single track.

10. lasercutter

lasercutter Registered

This is either the worlds shortest marshall or the pit garages have been set up for the London Double Decker Bus race

GRAB_056.JPG

11. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Normally I wouldn't comment about a track like this but I'm with Hexagramm and also will not be using this track. Something is wrong with the mesh or (more likely) the materials. This reminds me exactly of the issue with wheel rattling on Nords before it was fixed in a recent release so the answer is likely in that thread or DJC/Tosch can share how they fixed it. And yes AI suck.

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You should not have any third party tracks in your AC install that aren't Donington Park 1.03, Castle Hill 1.0, Salzburgring 1.1, and Sentul 1.1. Everything else is WIP or it's poo by the AC conversion spammer donation link Portuguese guy, and Mr. Illegal Crap and Garbage Talking Mitja Bonca.

Future proofing for the double-decker ISI super bus content :-o ! ! !

13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It's quite funny how the AC users are all like 'wow look at how much content we have' when like 95 percent of the third party content is literally garbage conversions. It's like a factory spewing out sub standard '1.0' tracks. I have given up to be honest. The standard is so low, its unreal.

Supposedly 'finished' tracks with gigantic errors, black holes all over and useless track surfaces. But hey, at least the lighting's pretty right..? :p

Sorry, off on a tangent...

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

14. endonesia

endonesia Registered

Well, I tried to adjust the .tdf to smooth out the bumps, but it didn't have enough of an effect to matter. I think it's because of the low resolution mesh for the track, as some have said. I doubt I have the skills to fix that. Maybe I can fix the .aiw, though. Still learning.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time with another poor conversion, should have kept it to myself. :(

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

No need to apologize man. :)

I'm always up for trying new tracks, no matter the quality.
    This is not near the worst I've tried and it has a lot of potential.
    I don't feel I wasted my time trying it out. :)

16. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I appreciate your efforts endonesia. Keep learning as much as you can, It is by far the best Brands Hatch by far that is available publically.
    I started with a couple conversions just of my favorite tracks that I really wanted to race in rF2. They were really poor and in hindsight I should never have let them get out to anyone, I got slated in another thread on here because the real road was causing the curbs to glow illuminous green :) I didn't know how to fix it but no-one came forward to help or with advise.. so 6 months later I learned myself and I am quite proud of my last conversion, Its a very hard thing to learn ( any modding ) and by doing conversions I have now got the confidence to attempt my 1st Scratch track.
    I still think wheel settings play a big part in how the track feels and TBH I can't find any severe bumps on Brands, its more than drivable.

This isn't a dig at you Hexagramme, I know you appreciate all tracks to try and I have deleted a lot too when they have disappointed me, Most of them are mine lol

17. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I do not detect any problems with my G 25. Should be fine as far as I can see. I'm looking forward to giving it a go tonight. Thanks again Spidey!

And thanks also to Steve for Cadwell park :D

Sent from my electronic distraction device

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Thank you for Cadwell Park Steve,track feels and looks good.:)

Take a look to rFactor1 F1 1988 tracks, I would love to see those tracks in rFactor2 also, I have all 14 of them and if you need link send me PM.
    I think also that you can get permission from author to convert those tracks legal.

19. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Don't give up, endonesia, please! I appreciate your work and I'm not alone : there are a few things to improve (faster AI is the most important for me) but it's normal, same for every track.
    Thank you again for this track, the best Brands Hatch in rFactor2!

@PRC steve : where can I find Cadwell Park? I'm very interested in this track.

20. Andy_rsrf

Andy_rsrf Registered

@jrcn50 you've got mail (PN)... ;)