Not sure if this is a problem or the way it's supposed to be?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FFOman, Sep 24, 2014.

1. FFOman

FFOman Registered

I've never seen this in other PC race sims, and I'm pretty sure I didn't experience this until I put the latest build in play, but it seems that when I have a car, especially Formula types, at a full stop and take the brake off, it revs up and begins going down the track at about 5 mph and increases speed if I allow it to go unchecked. I'm using the same stick and control setups too. Can't figure out what might be causing this?

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

If it starts doing its own thing you probably have aids/assist activated. a fresh build can reset values for you.
    Checksum in settings/difficulty or on-track pressing the F1 to F11 keys. turns it on/or etc.

3. matf1

matf1 Registered

re-calibrate maybe?

4. FFOman

FFOman Registered

The only aids I have on are auto-clutch & Tranny, low traction control, and low anti-lock braking. I have no choice on the transmission settings, and without minimal traction control I can't get my Renault F1 up the first hill and onto the straight after the slight bend at the top of it at Spa going full speed! It's very difficult even with it on and I have to hit that first bend just right to do it...doing it perfectly about once every 3 tries right now! And I'm sure I'll find it necessary on other tracks as well. The anti-lock braking I can't be sure I really need at this point but I'll experiment with it.

5. TechAde

TechAde Registered

What do you expect to happen when your feet are off the pedals and the car is in gear?

I'd expect the car to either stall or start accelerating until the engine reaches idle revs. Auto-clutch will prevent the stall, so I'd say what you're seeing is to be expected.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

6. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

He is using a joystick.

7. TechAde

TechAde Registered

What difference does that make?

8. FFOman

FFOman Registered

Well like I said, I'd never seen this effect in any other sim, but as rFactor2 is supposed to be the best, I can understand what you're saying. I didn't expect it as you so rudely put it cause I've never experienced that in real cars or sims!

9. TechAde

TechAde Registered

Rude? Sorry, that wasn't my intention. Reading back what I wrote it doesn't sound rude to me, I simply asked what you expect to happen, a valid question.

10. datanode

datanode Registered

Yes all cars do this. RF2 is simulating correctly.

I don't think anyone was rude.

Turn off auto clutch and try the same thing. The power output of most cars will need some gentle persuasion when on idle :)

Out of interest, what are the other sims being compared here.

11. FFOman

FFOman Registered

Other Sims? I don't know that you'd call all of them Sims exactly, but I was referring to F1 series by CodeMasters, and iRacing.

And please ignore my rudeness in putting it the way I did. I didn't personally think you were being rude to me, but the way it was put in your first sentence, I and others would have thought it a bit arrogant in almost any other "gaming" forum. And unfortunately, in dealing with the cursing and general ignorance found today in many other forums, mostly by juveniles, some of us have become too quick to take things the wrong way. I'm the one who should apologize! And I do!

12. TechAde

TechAde Registered

No worries, I guess what I typed could be construed as rude if said in a particular tone. The joys of textual communication! :)

13. FFOman

FFOman Registered

You said it! <g>

14. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Sounds like the Anti Stall engage. :)