[REL] EGT Skinpack LM24H/WEC/TUSCC/Misc

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Fraggon, Sep 23, 2014.

1. yurisminator

yurisminator Registered

Id really hope that some one can port these cars to Assetto Corsas URD version!

We are in dire need of cars and as far as i know the wireframe templates are the same..

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

All you need to do is rename some of the textures, I forgot the pattern but I converted my Momo Porsche to AC without having the car. All I did was download an existing livery and looked at the naming to then change my .dds.

3. yurisminator

yurisminator Registered

Unfortunately i dont own Rfactor2 yet, so i cannot open the RFCMP files.

4. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

Thanks! the skins are really nice!

Does anyone know where I can find the default skins for the EGT pack so i can delete them? I think these skins are much nicer and would like to see all cars use skins from this pack.
    Thanks!

5. ethone

ethone Registered

I don't think you can delete the default skins properly. With the packaged version we released, you can select the appropriate AI Filters to not see those in your races though. We put in filters for 2014_LM24h, 2014_TUSCC and 2014_WEC.
    Maybe someone else can help you out for the Virtual Ride way of using the skins.

Also, I'm working on the #66 JMW Ferrari from Le Mans.

6. ethone

ethone Registered

RJames, how's progress?
    I have some photos from the pitwalk, any car or angle that could help you?

The #66 JMW was a lucky pick, the team put a lot of photos online this year. Car is practically finished.
    I'm working on the #77 and #88 Proton cars now.

7. Backmarker

Backmarker Registered

thank you! I will take a look at that!
    cheers!

I downloaded the file once again from mega upload download, unzipped the files and put them in the rfactor2 packages, opened teh game and installed the v1.81 files. I know see the 2014 LM24h, 2014 TUSCC, and 2014 WEC files on the left side and they only list the new skins! thanks, I probably did something wrong on the first go!

There is a small file titled URD_Talent.rfcmp from the download. I put this file in the rfactor package folder. However, it does not show up in the rfactor2 content screen for installing. Why not? do i need to install it? how do i install it?
    thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  8. RJames

RJames Registered

I'll hopefully have all the Astons done by next week, what with work and finishing the PX skins off this got a little delayed however will still be released. Another annoying thing is Photoshop updated the other day to CC 2015 edition and removed all of my pre-sets so i'll have to set them up grr.

9. ethone

ethone Registered

I have the #66 JMW, the #77 Dempsey Proton and the #88 Abu Dhabi Proton done now. And I just noticed I've only been doing the identical-digits numbers so far. Good thing you have the #99 covered already, but I guess I must do the #55 now. ;)
    Not sure which one I'll do next. At some point I'd love to have all the paint schemes, but I want to get back to working on the track as well...

If anyone wants to contribute, please do!

10. Ghanja

Ghanja Registered

Just installed the new 1.97 Version and now the skinpack does not seem to work - I get this message ...

11. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

12. ethone

ethone Registered

It's just the version number change that requires a new package. I'll try and do one later today. I'll probably throw in the #66, #77 and #88 from 2015 as well.

13. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ah great Ethone thanks in advance

14. Gijs van Elderen

No more worry's about version numbers, repacks, online package mismatches, un-installing, installing...

And if you want to trow in other cars: You just add only those cars. :cool:

15. ethone

ethone Registered

I meant to try out the Virtual Ride approach but haven't had time yet. My main priority is that the cars are available offline to run against the AI (and the AI using those cars, with a filter to only use WEC/LM/... cars for the AI). Last time I checked doing the package was the only way to do that. Can I do the same with the Virtual Rides, or can I only use those to pick the player car from the new skins?

Here are the links for the latest version, provided by Bjørn (thanks!):
    https://mega.co.nz/#!s9wwxZjS!ObU-8pO3N1masGt_YqN2RAO8BD0ESciFQ1ieWacuoSk
    http://we.tl/irTIPqzKc5
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/wpkezbpdhkwz02a/URD_Additional_Teams_198_June_28.7z

16. ethone

ethone Registered

I started work on the #72 SMP Racing entry.
    Download links for the new EGT version one post above this in case you missed it earlier.

17. Gijs van Elderen

No unfortunately that in't possible. The virtual rides are in the same car filter as the default URD cars.
    But i usually add AI's 1 by 1, so i don't have double AI cars.
    - In practice session: Click on the little arrow next to AI
    - You'll get a dropdown list of all the cars: click on them to add them. It takes me a few seconds to add a full grid of AI: IMO not a big deal.

But if you want to do it automatically with the filter a repack will be needed.

BTW: for offline purpose: You can give each virtual ride different AI talents, setups, ... ==> Take a look at the 80's pack for the Celica GTO.

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yep finally i understood how this is working, and have to say this works like a charm. Thank you Gijs.
    only thing i have to find out is how to make a virtual ride with new skins. Could you please give a bit more info on that for someone who doesn't understand it that well? This all because i like to add the skins Ethone and R.J. James are making and all the other great skin artists i forgot to mention ;)

19. Gijs van Elderen

Here is a little tutorial: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/rfactor-2-skinning-tutorial.105993/

- First make a .mas from your skin and all extra.dds files. Like rims, windows, wings, driver suit, helmet, etc.
    - Than make a Virtual ride from that .mas file

Once you you have created a virtual ride you can delete the "alternitive skin folder".
    Only the virtual ride skin folder and the .rcd file is needed.

Important note: about the driver name you ned to fill in.
    - The driver name of the virtual ride = the car name in the result file. so driver name should be car name !!!
    - The driver name has to be unique. I can only name one car ("Gijs Megane")

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIznAKX35bI

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thanks m8