[REL] TrackMapPlugin V0.95 32bit & 64bit

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Sep 23, 2014.

1. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Have you copied d3d9_softth.dll inside rFactor2/Bin32 or rFactor2/Bin64 ( it depends on d3d9_softth.dll version)?

If located in other dir,
    Try to use full path: OriginalD3D9Dll = c:\<path>\d3d9_softth.dll

TrackMapPlugin.ini should be located in <rFactor2>\Plugins\Trackmap

Let me know.
    Max.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
  2. DONKaly

DONKaly Registered

Hi fazerbox...
    Yes d3d9_softth.dll is inside rfactor2\bin64. I have other in rfactor\bin32 and work together well trackmap and softth in mode rfactor32bits.
    I put the full path to try but not run.
    With a choice of 32 bits all ok, but 64 makes an attempt to open but does not start me.
    Does not give any errors but nothing runs
    Thanks for your interest

3. Thomaesele

Thomaesele Registered

With me is exactly the same, running 32bit and 64bit in the launcher of rFactor2 opens no more.

4. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Works great for me, Max except that the pit/start lights are black. Any ideas? Actually I think I saw them show green the first time I drive out of the pits but after that if I do a lap then come back into pitlane they are black.

I don't use the HDR mode in rF2 if that information is useful.

5. NaveenB

NaveenB Registered

Thank you for this wonderful plugin, I can see my grip levels, and apply all the theoreticals I am learning in about in my academic learning of racing.

6. BulletApe

BulletApe Registered

I'm new to R Factor 2 and have installed the latest .95 beta plugin. I've only tried the plugin on Malaysia so far but all the hud elements flicker constantly. I picked up a tip somewhere that you can stop it flickering by turning on the FPS counter. That seems to do the trick but not completely ideal. I understand its still beta so I'm just looking to find out if there are any known fixes for it. Running it on build 860 on Win 8.1 with a GTX770.

7. F1Fan07

F1Fan07 Member

Do you have triple monitors and driver labels on? I found with 0.94 (haven't checked this in 0.95) that GID blanks out when a driver label is displayed on the centre monitor.

Easy to test... go for a drive and hit TAB.

It was also a bug with GID on rF1 that you could fix with the Flickering Mode settings. Max says above that those aren't used anymore so I don't know if there is a solution.

8. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Plugin reads Pitlane speed from .GDB track file. Some track don't have this info. In this case Plugin shows Black light that means "No info about Pitlane speed for this track".

Red Light in pits means: Session is not yet started or Speed over limit .

Please load ISI Brianza 1966 and let me know if it works.

Max.

9. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

I have done some test. What I have seen is that 32bit and 64bit version of SoftTh dll are very different. They export different functions in number and name. That is strange because usually Dll 32bit and 64bit export same functions with same names.

My dll are very similar to Microsoft d3d9.dll. You can check using "depends" a free software that shows exported functions.

If you check Microsoft dll c:\Windows\system32\d3d9.dll (32bit) and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\d3d9.dll (642bit) you'see that exported functions name are the same.

Maybe this raises an incompatibility between TrackMap and SoftTh. I've tried many solutions without luck.

I'm sorry, but at the moment I haven't a solution.
    Max.

10. BulletApe

BulletApe Registered

Only using a single monitor. I'll try the tab thingy and let you know if it has any effect.

Edit - Tried the driver labels on and off but flicker still happened.

11. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Great plugin, thanks Fazerbox for moving it to rF2 ... and now 64bit.

For anyone concerned about the /tracks folder size (220MG), you can delete the .aiw and .gdb of any tracks you don't use in that install. But, of course, you will have to add any new ones. I have one install that only has 3 tracks, ATM.

Fazerbox added about every track known for rF2 for completeness, but there will always be new ones coming.

12. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Thanks Jerry to explain this point.

In rF1 AIW and GBD are located in Location folder and are easy to read.
    In rF2 they are inside MAS files. TrackMap plugin can't read MAS file, so I've manually extract them and store in TrackMap\Tracks folder, where plugin will look for.
    These files are the original. In the future maybe I will store fake files removing all unecessary infos to plugin. This should reduce size dramatically.
    Max.

13. BulletApe

BulletApe Registered

Also tried other tracks and they were fine with the plugin. I tried Longbeach, Lime rock and Monte Carlo 196X tracks and all had a rock solid no flicker display. Seems it's just with Malaysia I've got this going on. I guess I can stick the frame counter on to workaround for now.

14. Crankie

Crankie Registered

Thanks

15. newtonpg

newtonpg Registered

Thank you fazerbox!!!
    Downloaded and working fine @64bits.
    Only thing is the external mirror of Clio @Bathrust is flickering in pits while virtual mirror is ok everywhere. But I dont know if this issue is related to TrackMap.

16. Promag

Promag Registered

Same for me, works in 32 bit, crashes after launcher before main splash screen in 64 bit. It's probably softth, they should be releasing a new version soon.

17. nudger1964

nudger1964 Registered

so has anyone tried to learn a track yet...and did it work?
    one of the mods i use uses spa v 0.86 i think. There probably no map in library for it as there are newer versions. It wont save the learnt track - but havnt found any others to try it on that dont already have a map

18. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Alt C will stop the flicker as well, if you prefer it. Not sure which one is lower fps demand.

19. BigTool4U

BigTool4U Registered

Thanks, it works fine with the demo. :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
  20. ViSo

ViSo Registered

I tryed, but the game did not crashed anymore, the only thing I did is I deleted the entire "tracks" folder (+200mb), because I dont need them, and now works fine, idk if it is related.

Enviado desde mi Note 3 con tapatalk