Force setup and AI setup questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrashMaster, Sep 21, 2014.

1. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Here is an update.

So I have found out how to make the AI use a specific setup.
    1) When in game (track garage), before the race start make your setup how you want it and then save the setup.
    2) In my case the AI driver I want to use this setup is called Puccio Giodano, racing at Sepang. So I will save this setup as "Puccio Giodano Sepang".
    3) Once the setup is saved go back to the standings and click on Puccio Giodano. Go back to the setup menu and click on "Puccio Giodano Sepang".
    4) Click the AI Setup button.

This then make it so that this specific AI driver (Puccio Giodano) will use this setup at that track (Sepang). By going into the userdata/player/settings folder there is a list of installed cars and tracks. I used Sepang - so going to the Malaysian_gp folder there is a list of setups that were saved for this track. "Puccio Giodano Sepang.svm" included.

I used the FISIR2012 - so by then going to the FISIR2012_car folder there is then a list of drivers. In my case, one is called "FISI2012_PGIODANO". In that folder is the Malaysian_gp.AISETUP file.

I go to test this on track and it works fine. I played around with the gear settings and the AI driver follows this perfectly. However for some reason the AI is not following the fuel strategy that I altered during the setup process.

From recent comments here I presume the AI follow the fuel, so that way we can have the AI on varying fuel strategies - adding much needed variety. Some on 1 stoppers, some on 2 etc. This in my opinion is very important for offline racing. It isn't so fun if the AI all pit on the same lap.

Does anyone have a solution to this, to make sure the AI use the fuel strategy?

Cheers

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

Mate, at this stage I think you must accept that not all the features you require to fit your scenario are possible at this point in time.

Consider that a lot of the features have had one pass to put them in game, they require not much time to fix if you simply want to fudge it. Having that attitude however slows down development as you are just constantly fighting fires.
    Instead, each part of the sim and it's the associated parts need to be modelled, assimilated and tested (a pass). Crazy amounts of math and logic are used and it takes time.

You can be sure it is known of internally and they have likely had a plan to execute with it for some time now, possibly a whole logic change for the AI for all we know, but when it becomes a priority over the other work people are screaming out for is another matter.

3. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Thanks for your input, but I've given up on it now. As you say I'm just fighting fires so it's best to think of something else. Maybe ISI will implement something like this down the track, weeks, months, years, I don't know. But for now I will give it a rest. I thought it would be nice for the AI to have varying strategies, but as you say maybe ISI are doing something like this, or maybe not. Until we know for sure of course people like me are going to go on the official rfactor2 forum and post what they would like to see or ask for help to find a solution, but oh well.

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

Sure mate, always feel free to ask away. It's just a lot of your posts go unanswered and it must be frustrating not knowing if the issue is with the editing you are doing or as it seems in this case an incomplete feature. So at least this time you have somewhat of an answer.

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

Yes I think you pointed out why it is frustrating. I am making continuous posts of the same thing and probably making a nuisence of myself, but I would stop if I had a yes or no answer. I don't know if I'm just doing it wrong or it is simply impossible. I would rather have a "it's impossible" instead of coming on here and making an idiot of myself. Maybe I was over expecting, but I assumed a staff member of ISI would give me a straight no bull**** answer seeing as it's the official rf2 forum, or do I have to directly email someone..?

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

If ISI had built the entire engine physics around a single car and circuit.

All that resource towards fine tuning and tweaking that single car and track within a inch of it's life. p

Even then .........50% of us still would not be happy. lool ;)

7. matf1

matf1 Registered

Too right mate! Like you, I adore what we do have, not pine for what's obviously coming.

Robo, No need to feel this way mate. You have been studious and inquisitive and methodical and have reached out for help. I just hate seeing unanswered issues, for the exact reasons you stated.
    I'll remind you what is printed under the technical support forum: "PLEASE NOTE THAT STAFF MAY BE UNABLE TO RESPOND IN THESE FORUMS. CONTACT SUPPORT FOR A DIRECT REPLY."

It's a product you have paid for and support is provided for that. It's just ISI do not have someone employed, support wise for these forums. They do have official support channels though:
    http://imagespaceinc.com/contact.php

8. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

OT Robo sorry mate......

What makes me smile about drivers and Ai is when you add them to a room and start a race and they
    get together with them crash and say ...........
    lool

I had one in the other day no names but you know me

p

Then they look at replay and say
    p
    lol

But it is true most of the people myself included that come together with them instantly blame them. hehehe

I like the Ai can act like noddys now and then, keeps you awake. hehehe

------------------------------

I try to comprehend every day there is not 1000 people online. p

Or ...how many would have brought pCars if it was online only. p

What could ISI could have done with 1 million subscriptions.

9. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Can anyone confirm if the player.json options are working?

"Fixed AI Setups":true,
    "Fixed Setups":true,

It doesnt seem to be working here with FISI2012 and Silverstone 1.35 GT Layout with the latest build - havent tried before.

-----------
    Also, when in the session if a setup is selected for an AI, if that setup has the super soft tyre instead of the softs, that AI will go out, pit and revert to the previous setup.
    It is also not possible to apply a setup for the AI when only Race is selected on session options. You need to run qualy too.
    edit: tested now and the setup used for qualy is not carried through to the race either. So not possible to make them use a setup on the race.

The problem I am facing is that when the 120% AI uses its own setup, their pace is ~7 seconds faster than what is regularly possible with the default setup offered to the player in the UI.
    When the default setup is saved and applied to any of them, the pace goes back to what the AI is capable of doing with the player car ("I" key feature.)

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
  10. aguy0523

aguy0523 Registered

I'm having problems too. Not all the cars update setups and sometimes it takes multiple attempts. More of an intermittent problem, so I haven't noticed what is causing it or under which circumstances it happens.

11. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Works here.
    You have to assign a setup first.
    Has nothing to do with "AI setup" button in monitor.

12. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

13. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Reinstalled and still the same exact behavior described here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...etup-questions?p=389632&viewfull=1#post389632

Im going to search for a step by step for dumb people.

Is there something wrong in my FavoriteAndFixedSetups.gal?

14. msportdan

msportdan Banned

This is how i get Ai ( same car) to use my setup.

Save my setup
    Load my setup
    Click assign
    Then restart weekend - Ai wont use setup straightaway

15. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

It worked! You saved me!

The only thing left is the tyre choice. But I think its just the way it is:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...ps-JSON-option?p=295767&viewfull=1#post295767

EDIT: false alarm... it was working on build 880 that I was testing. Back to 1008 and is not working anymore.
    :(

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2015
  16. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I don't know about new build, but prior builds had AI using the setup without having to restart session. If the AI are currently driving, then their setup will change once they pit and go back out.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015
  17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Anyone tried making a mod and dedicated 1 player room .........yet.

Maybe forced fixed setup on server makes a difference to Ai in ways.......... wouldn't surprise me.

Certainly better for offline anyways ?

You get to swap cars and skins, retain lap times, change next track and grid order, etc. without reloading and losing the Ai.

Must be better lol

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  18. Alejandro1

Alejandro1 Registered

Ive never renewed the online subscription.
    So I can use MAS utility, host. But I dont know how to join my own session after that. Im a noob.

Im going to renew it later once i have tried 998.

Edit: LAN is apparently included on the multiplayer subscription
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2help/

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2015
  19. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Obviously you need a online subscription, sorry guess I should have said as much

I would never run a offline session any other way.

I mean I think I made it perfectly clear to any reasonably intelligent person the benefits of doing such.

( Don't mind me mate I am useless and dumb I am told. )

You can get a online room up for Ai / offline in a few minutes , just follow the prompts I was not kidding when I said a 5 year old could do it.

NATURALLY every time you set the room you will see something else is not quite right so you will reload the room maybe 10 times to get it right.

But once you do making any room any way will be simple.

20. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

Wow this is still active after over a year ...

From my 1st post I updated the questions (sorry if I missed the answer somewhere else)

still have a few questions...

1. how do you turn it off <-- this has been fixed
    2. why can't we just choose what we want forced for the AI (offline mode) so you can have the normal differences between cars (Honda vs Chevy in Indycar for example) <-- it looks like for stockcar they just made 3 brands
    3. on the same line could we get an option to force car config for the AI but not the player (for offline/goof off mode )

While at the track I know you can give the AI a setup one at a time but how do you give it to all (in offline mode)
    Would like to see an option for force setup on the race status page and maybe an option to allow a random difference from the setup (eg: if rules allow... the Ai can run +-1 gear or wing setting from the setup file)