Force setup and AI setup questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CrashMaster, Sep 21, 2014.

1. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

I found the new force setup option in the car menu. Thank you for the option.

still have a few questions...

1. how do you turn it off
    2. why can't we just choose what we want forced for the AI (offline mode) so you can have the normal differences between cars (Honda vs Chevy in Indycar for example)
    3. on the same line could we get an option to force the AI but not the player (for offline/goof off mode ;) )
    4. why not put the option for force setup on the race settings page with a page to configure what is forced in general.

On the AI setup
    1. how to return the AI to the default?

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

+2

Also adding the option to select the car skin

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

+1
    except for 2 and 3 which I don't understand :p

5. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

+3

its obvious that some short worlds in release notes are not sufficient to understand how this (and other) features are working.
    We are missing detailed informations with examples etc. (may be on rF2 Wiki or somewhere else)

6. FeedEmBeans

FeedEmBeans Registered

I just ran into 2 on the DW12 IndyCar. The force setup works. But for example, to apply the road course configuration to the car at 70's Watkins Glen, if I'm in a Chevrolet car when I force it, it changes all cars' engines to Chevrolets, including the Hondas.

Is there a trick to this or will it require an update to perfect? In either case, thanks for addressing. It's helpful to have this option.

Beans

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Interesting note:

If the the track was already created with the road config for IndyCars, then the "Force AI Setup" has no effect.

Take the Toronto track from IDT. It already has the road config for IndyCars built-in, so even though I chose Honda engine + Road Config and clicked "Force" (and got the confirmation message), on the track, the AI engines are all mixed, Chevy & Honda with Road Configs.

8. lamck

lamck Registered

I accidently found that the AI tuning or garage setup will create folder and file in player setting folder. the file contains tuning info and link to setup file respectively. U may check them to see if the setting is set correctly.

Maintaining those folders and files seem to be more convenient.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2014
  9. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It would be nice to have a Apply to All Cars and another Apply Only to this Car.

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Don't know if you're talking about configuration or setup here, but it would be nice with an 'apply this setup to all AI' when at a race.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

12. Crippyoh

Crippyoh Registered

I cant seem to find any of the Forced setup options , and i dont see anyone else having same problems , i installed Lite version first , and now i have done full re-install and still nothing

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

If you want to force a "tuning" preset, you'll see it in the tuning menu found i'n the car selection screen.

If you want to force a "garage" setup, then just make and save the setup (if it's not already saved), click an A.I. opponent from the main timing screen, and in the garage screen click on the saved setup you want the opponent to use, and then click "set to A.I." (or something like that) That particular opponent will now have that particular saved setup.

I did this yesterday with the karts, gave them all less fuel and a shorter gear - worked perfect. The only thing is that you have to click them each one by 1 and keep repeating it. Takes like literally 2-3 seconds per opponent but it's still tedious when you have 10+ (15 i'n my case last night) opponents.

Great feature though. Actually freaking amazing. Been waiting for this since F1 Challenge 99-02, lol.

14. Crippyoh

Crippyoh Registered

maybe i need to remove all Rf2 files and fully reinstall, i know where to look , just not there

15. Crippyoh

Crippyoh Registered

16. Philip00

Philip00 Member

Hi all!

I did for ai setup, but they not respect tire choice- I chosed wet tires in the setup but when i add this setup for ai they still run with dry tires. Has anybody notice this?

Sorry for my bad English

17. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 Registered

18. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Tyres are one of the things A.I. can change on their own, so maybe the A.I. are sensing/deciding themselves which tyres to correctly be on regardless of which tyres you tell them to go on?? That's the only thing I can guess.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Bottom-line, this whole area still needs a LOT of work to actually function properly and not be a tedious pain in the rear-end to utilize.

A simple "Apply to all" as suggested above would help in the interim if it is going to takes months/years and multiple builds to address this.

20. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

In this screen you can only assign a skin to AI selecting create new driver to assign a setup to an AI after loading the circuit must select the AI in the list of main time entering garage, select the setup you want for that AI setup and select AI. if what you want is to set all AIs the same set up you have to do it one by one.

Translated by google.