I Want To See Nascar Grow In Rfactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheScrapanator, Sep 15, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The tire model needed an update. That engineer was pulled off that to do some things deemed more important (still with rF2) and then went back to that tire model change. So there was effectively a delay caused by that.

2. 88mphTim

To be frank, the tires on the DW12 are not correct, and possibly should have held it up. :)

There are also multiple karting tracks and a roadcourse on the one release of this 1.5 mile oval.

3. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Sounds great Tim.

I really hope the work on the tire model is coming a long OK. From.....other sims.....I can only guess that this is a long and extremely complex task. I hope the guy(s)? working on it are seeing light at the end of the tunnel :)

4. sg333

sg333 Registered

Tim, Is the Gen6 template you released a few months ago still relevant?

5. 88mphTim

Should be for one of the models, yes, SMALL adjustments I assume for others.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

A little long while ago there were previews of the cars posted, as well of a track. It makes sense the track is that ISI fictional we were shown.

Given the last communications we've seen, it is probably one of two reasons (realroad being the other) why it - Gen6 - hasn't been released. I cannot wait for the tires to be addressed too, I remember mentioning it sometime in 2013.

7. Depco

Depco Registered

Thank you for the update

8. Associat0r

Associat0r Registered

Does this also apply to the road course version?

9. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Tim has said the tire changes will apply to all cars but mainly to conform with oval racing tire loads so the effect will be less.

(I'm sure Tim said something along those lines, please correct me of wrong)

10. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

man, have I been looking forward to another karting track :) I really like the karts in rF2, but the track not so much (especially because of the chicane). And oval might be nice with some of the current cars, but will see about that ;)

11. Robcart944

Robcart944 Registered

"A little long while ago there were previews of the cars posted, as well of a track. It makes sense the track is that ISI fictional we were shown."- Guimengo

I thought the fictional track was a copy of Daytona called Jacksonville Speedway. I never heard before any postings of a fictional 1.5 mile raceway. Unless you know something I missed before?

Edit: I had to dig to find the sentence that announced the 1.5 mile track. I don't read the rF2 forums that much so I can't be part of the rF2 "sense" but I was hoping that ISI allowed another studio to create an oval track in the Sao Paulo style. I know the actual track mods will eventually come but one good name track would really bring in the oval racers.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015
  12. Emery

Emery Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2015