Random weather option.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogue22, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Or because people want something to surprise them. I would like to see a way of scripted weather at least be "memorized" for the track you've set it to. I like running light clouds to offer some variation in the sky and varying the humidity and temperature. But having to redo that every time everywhere is annoying.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Something to do that should come eventually, but it's not terribly realistic to be surprised. You know rain is coming, or likely, when it comes. You're not completely surprised as a racing driver these days. :)

3. rogue22

rogue22 Registered

Tim I take it, its an option coming soon?

If so, thanks for the hieroglyphic respone. :D

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I thought that is what I just said in the part of my post you excluded from the quote (the annoying part)?

The scripted weather is already memorized for the track you have set it to is it not? Also explained in another part you cut from the quote.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Agreed. I don't want to be surprised--in fact we need the weather and forecast to be displayed (optionally, somewhere) while we are in the track. I don't want to have to reset it in a fiddly manner every time I would like a bit of a variation, which for me is every time I visit a track. But then I use Random Daytime start time for practice sessions, too ;)

6. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think if you use the Weather Plugin (by Gerald) then adjustments to the wet files outside of the game (which it does) set the weather to scripted. Only problem is, any adjustment in the UI will change the 20 segments you might have made, back to the default 5.

7. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Something like this, probability with a chance of it happening or not

[​IMG]

8. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Registered

Thanks! I think I get it now! :)

9. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I always found that utterly predictable in the same way ours is. The events were too closely tied to the percentage, but I get the idea. :)

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'm glad you got the idea of the message! :D I know the image itself isn't best but it was the only one I could find. I had forgotten about the awesome aspect of the track being dry or wet to begin with.