Random weather option.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rogue22, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

3. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

I think he put the link up because someone mentioned having real, live weather would be a nice option also. That tool will inject live weather into rF2 ded server.

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Also has the ability to "record" weather from a certain time period as mentioned above. Plus a temperature offset for those that wouldn't be able to race in winter :D

5. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Guys, the tracks have a global position marked into them - longitude and latitude. I believe they also have a time of year marked into them. I'm assuming the global position combined with the time of year all affect the sky, moon, and sun which in-turn affects what time it get's light, dark, where the shadows are, etc. The time if the year even affects the colours of the environment.

How is all the above (global position and time of year) connected to the weather - weather as in clouds, temperature, wind, humidity, precipitation (rain), drying times, etc.

When you think about it, it can actually get very, very complex if you want to truly do it properly...

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

How nice it exists democracy and discrimination is not tolerated. A huge thanks to the moderation as well.

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

The best way to create random weather - Race admin set it up. but the racers not knowing abt it

9. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Definitely. I love "random" weather while online.

10. Imre Bende

Imre Bende Registered

So, i checked the random on the track panel. But if before the "load track" button is a list,
    Weather type: Sunny, Overcast, Rainy, Default, Scripted

Which is the right "random" weather?

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

There is no random weather

12. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Speed, misunderstanding is due to translation, no other reason. Honest, believe me.

When Guimengo made his comment, he just didn't understand what you had written. I read it three times and didn't understand it. It wasn't an attack, how can one attack something that is not understood?

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

I've already forgotten that and I harbor no rancor against him he just was a bit to brutal for me. ;)

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hallo, ich bin Gui. Ich liebe hamburgers und Vapiano's (pizza).

15. speed1

speed1 Banned

I love pizza and try to avoid burgers.

16. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Registered

Is there any way to save a scripted setting as default? I always have to change the settings every time I change a map etc.
    I would even be happy if there was an .ini somewhere that I can modify..?

17. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

On all my tracks, including 3rd party, scripted weather is the default. Never had to change the weather for any track. I do have to change Real Road from green to naturally progressing for practice seesion, but never the weather.

18. Jiisuki

Jiisuki Registered

Maybe I was a bit unclear. It is the same way for me, however it is the same weather across all times during the race. If I remember correctly, it's scripted, but always sunny. I would like to change a few times to overcast, or perhaps a little rain near the end of the race, and use this as default weather config for any new race.. I think I've tried a few tracks that had scripted that varied during the race, but far from all tracks.

19. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Well, we can start one more fund to get you some German, or Arabic or even Italian?:rolleyes:

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If you pick scripted, you just click on the weather icons and change them to whatever you want. What is not clear in the god-awful UI is that what you change in the Race Settings screen applies only to the track that is selected on the prior main menu screen (that you can no longer see). Also, you can script different weather for the race, qualifying and practice sessions, so pay attention to that. There are so many options and settings, it is both great and tedious all at the same time. That's why people are asking for a randomized (to some extent) weather OPTION in case you don't want to spend two or three minutes checking weather settings every time you load a track.

Other settings on the Race Settings screen apply to all tracks or the whole sim. It's all very unclear unless you have spent hours fiddling with all the settings.

Hopefully soon we will have a new UI that has both logical and multiple places to set settings.