The formula E thread & it's coming to rfactor 2 ....(possibly)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  2. Scofield

Scofield Registered

Nice. Thanks Petros and Mak Corp!

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

would love to know if mak corp are doing the tracks too?

do they do the tracks?

is ISI getting involved ?

4. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

We will have formula e here in Buenos Aires too...I don't know what to think...I will try to attend the race.

5. LeChuck

LeChuck Registered

Formula e is a commercial project, not a rFactor 2 mod.

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

it will be stand alone but using the rf2 engine?

the ISR article seems to describe it as a mod

7. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

I'm sorry about the confusion. There are two things going on in regards to Formula E (I've been talking with Petros Mak about it):

1. Mak Corp and eXcape Entertainment Group are providing simulator units to the Formula E events on the calendar. They will set up simulators at a display during the race weekends. Mak Corp has developed the software side of it, and are using ISI engine(s) to power it. For the Beijing weekend, the sim will be based on the rF1 engine. For following weekends, they are going to use the rF2 engine. They are also going to be experimenting with the AC base, but Petros wasn't specific is the weekend displays will feature that version.

2. They are also looking to enter talks to try to make an "official mod" for rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. There is no guarantee that there will be a mod, they're just exploring that possibility. They are really hoping to get the Formula E car (and likely the tracks too) to us. However, the concern I have is, we know how the FIA has been lately...

Mak Corp is developing the tracks.

ISI is involved to the same extent they were with Reiza, Simbin, etc. They're licensing the engine for Mak to use for the simulators.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers William.

Will it all be available to us ?

9. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

An excerpt from the post:

"One question you may have is “Will I get a chance to drive the Formula E car at home?” Well, there may be a real chance you will get to see this coming to your sim of choice. Mak Corp is looking to enter discussions with Formula E to try to get permission to port the content to rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. While there are no guarantees, it gives us reason to be optimistic."

They're looking into it...

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers -I see that now, gosh mak corp are going to be very busy for the next 12months+

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2014
  11. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

No, it's not.

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Misleading thread title. Just another example of why you get news straight from the source and not a third party:

From Mak Corps FB page.

Today we are happy to showcase the 2014 Formula E vehicle developed by MAK-Corp who is the official studio partner of Excape Entertainment. The Formula E vehicle is developed for the Excape Entertainment - Formula E collaboration and starting from the first round of the season in Beijing on the 13th of September, Excape Entertainment Formula E branded Hyper Stimulator Simulators will be available at every event allowing Public and VIP's the chance to try out this vehicle in the first pure simulation environment, rFactor by Image Space Inc.
    MAK-Corp is also working on all 9 Tracks of the 2014 Formula E season that will be showcased at each event. The vehicle is modeled by MAK-Corp's 3D Open Wheel artist Raymond Schram and painted by MAK-Corp's 2D artist Carlos Frau. UV was done by Lukasz Kacprzykowski, Physics by Derek Nye, In-game by Stephen Young and sounds by Alvaro Perez. Renders were made by RacingRenders.
    Formula E is a brand new motorsport series bringing for the first time in motorsport history an all electric racing championship to the world. If you are attending any of the events, be sure to look for the Excape simulators around the track. Be sure to check out the official Formula E website for more details about the series and getting to the races at http://www.fiaformulae.com/en.aspx

13. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Guys, like it was stated from our article, this project is a commercial project for Formula E to be run at their events. We are however in the process of starting talks with Formula E after the Beijing event to acquire the rights to release a public version of this work on rF2 and Assetto Corsa. The decision will be entirely up to Formula E and we will respect whatever decision they make. I will be sure to keep you all posted.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Well let's hope they are smart and realize that letting you offer the mod to the public for rF2 (and AC) would be incredibly good free publicity for them. So much so that they should pay you extra to do it in addition to whatever fee you are earning to prepare the simulator for their events (so it wouldn't be "free" to them, but comparably quite cheap).

Alternatively, I would be delighted to pay a fair price for a complete series/season of all tracks and cars if they were done to the expected high quality.

15. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Have you looked at the selection of tracks and layouts? :$

16. yusupov

yusupov Registered

FIA is FIA, but they seem absolutely desperate to market formula E. making it available to a decent chunk of the motorsports fanbase would be a good way of doing that. so i cant really help but be hopeful.

massive congrats to mak corp tho & heres hoping this makes it to rf2.

17. bwana

bwana Registered

drop it and back to the group C I say ;)

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Cheers petros!

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Mak Corp are a serious group of guys who are extremely dedicated and motivated to producing some of the finest simulated racing cars for consumer, commercial, and professional use.

Congratulations on your new partnership, Petros.

The future is yours, Mak Corp.

20. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Good show Mak! Hope it all works well for you guys, big project so it seems, you guys deserve it :)

I doubt FIA is one bit interested in mods to help market the series so i'm not counting onnit.