Me too! ... Launcher will not run

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ricknau, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Edit: Even if you don't know a solution, can a few of you say if you have two paths in your Target line like I show below?
    Also, I did replace the Launcher.exe with the new one Jeremy Miller created (in another thread) but it did not help.

Dear ISI, can I get a little support here?
    ====================================

I double click Launcher shortcut... wheel spins a few seconds then stops, Launcher screen does not appear. It's been screwed up ever since 798 update. For me it has randomly worked once every 10 or so attempts after restarting computer each time. Now I cannot get it to come up at all. Reinstalled the game 3 times. Still no go.

Peculiar things I have seen:

1. Windows will not let me delete remnant Launcher folder in Program Files (x86) after uninstalling the game. It says Launcher is running. I use Task Manager to kill it and the entry disappears in Task Manager screen. Try again to delete but Windows says again that it is running. Open Task manager again and there it is, listed again. Must kill it again in Task Manager and restart PC in order for Launcher not to be active and allow deleting.

2. After fresh install I look at properties of Launcher shortcut. I see:

Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe" C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher\Launch rFactor.exe

Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher"

That Target line looks suspect to me. Two entries? One in quotes and one not? I tried to eliminate one of the entries but it didn't help.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't care to re-read hundreds of forum posts again. I read them when 798 came out. None worked at that time so I gave up and just lived with it trying to never close the Launcher if it was working. But sometimes it can't be kept open. And now I just cannot seem to get lucky again in starting it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
  2. scalino

scalino Registered

3. xAcid9

xAcid9 Registered

I had similar problem but i can launch it if i open the Launcher directly not thru shortcut.