Disable Parc Ferme @ DW12

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Giel de Haan, Aug 30, 2014.

1. Giel de Haan

Giel de Haan Registered

No matter what i try, I just can't seem to be able to disable the Parc Ferme setting on the server. We are using an unmodified version of ISI's IndyCar, DW12.
    I tried custom RFM's in all kind of varieties. My guess is that this is locked away in a MAS file of the DW12. Can anyone confirm this?

Part two is simply: Does anybody know a solution?

Many thanks in advance!!

2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Parc ferme should be disabled by default IMO. Not sure why it was done that way. Sorry I cant help you. :)

3. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

To clarify, the issue Giel is talking about manifests as follows:

In qualifying the chosen tire compound (primary or alternate) gets locked for the race. That is to say that not only do you have to start the race on that tire compound, you cannot go for a different one during a pit stop. This is really strange and we can't seem to fix it by changing values in the Parc Fermé settings of the rfm-files.

We'd like to get to a situation where drivers can still pick a different compound to start the race with and change compounds during a pit stop. What are your suggestions?

4. TOCA2FREAK

TOCA2FREAK Registered

You need to set parcferme to 0 in your player.json file. ;)

5. Giel de Haan

Giel de Haan Registered

Did that. Every referense to parc ferme is set to 0, and all freesettings to 255. Still no effect.

Also made customized RFMs for oval and roadcourse. In those customized RFMs parc ferme is also set to 0, and to be sure the freesettings at 255.

Yet somehow the moment you klick race during the qualification, tires are frozen. Also unable to switch compounds in the race.

6. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

it´s a known bug - and there is no solution

7. Yoeri Gijsen

Yoeri Gijsen Registered

What about: Drive qualy > Restart weekend > Skip to warmup > Load qualy results > Race?

Work-around, not a solution, I know...

8. Giel de Haan

Giel de Haan Registered

Just tested that. In all sessions after practise your tires are locked as soon as you hit race.

Guess for now, that's the end for the rule of the mandatory use of both compounds. :p