Too many cars - improvement suggestion.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfuctor, Aug 29, 2014.

1. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

I'm sure this has been suggested before but...

Especially when using the all cars setting, the list of cars you have to scroll though is getting rather large.

I think it would be nice if the cars were grouped by mod or car type so you don't have 15-20 of exactly the same car (eg indycars) in the list. Just have 1 indycar and then select which one you would like in a sub-menu.

Thanks for reading!

2. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Have you tried using the list view instead? That way the cars are sorted and grouped

3. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

If you click on the top/right "List View" option in the car page you'll get what you're asking for...I guess. :)

4. bwana

bwana Registered

+1

5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

All Cars & Tracks is becoming a very long list and each time, it takes more time to find a specific car and circuit.

It may create a VMOD with some cars and tracks but now this option is not very practical. Create or update a VMOD still a bit tricky since MAS2.

For me the ideal would be a graphical interface as simple as possible in which to create the VMOD, to the style of the new Dedicated Server Prototype but for the Offline mode. Select cars, select tracks, select an image for the icon, put a name and add to the game.
    One could also add a tab where you set all the rules, number of sessions, duration of the races ... for that VMOD, and could even add an option to create championships .....

6. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

But it resets all the time on its own.

7. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

List view just has the 10 or 20 cars that you have installed. It's in a very easy to search through list... Something isn't right if you're seeing so many cars. Maybe you have every single car "opened-up" an there for the list is showing every single skin of every single car? Or maybe it's showing all those VMod things?

8. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

I think what is he asking, is in the graphical list have it show only one of the cars of each class and then when you click on it have a way to choose the skin for that car in that mod. The list view does allow to collapse and look at just one type of car with all the skins of it in a picture on the while clicking on each one.

I think what would help in the Graphical list is if it was done more in a tree view. One car for each mod/class in a top branch view (with basic info) then if you click on that car below another branch view shows all the skins/car-numbers for that car. Last if you click on the skin it would take you to the variants detailed info and spinner view like it does now(road, oval, year, upgrades ...)

Just a thought

9. jjcook

jjcook Registered

I have over 50 cars installed -too many to view on a spinner card thingy-

-hopefully the list view gets adjusted so the setting stays in effect once set by the user- it defaults back for some reason - annoying with over 50 cars installed

10. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Once this is solved I'd be happy.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Haha, maybe I just need some sleep but I still don't understand the problem. Once the cars are all viewed in the list view mode, then isn't it all nice and tidy and only gets convoluted if you click and expand all the cars?

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

In the plr.json

it stays listed for me.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yeah why so many cars ? I do not get it, what is it just to satisfy a urge. ?

What are you all superstars. lol

I drive F3 , maybe a little G6 , maybe a little F1, I install Historics, I do not install others why have a bloated folder.

Besides that I just do not understand how you get to drive 20 cars so well or even like them all.

Having said all that I rarely find ANYONE has all the tracks I like ..........and you worried about driving 20 cars . :p ;)

P.S. AC I "used to have" 6 cars in spinner the rest I deleted would not waste my time to drive puss boxes with a barge pole. lol

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

so....just don't install many cars. good one Durge, problem solved :p

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

lol ;)

16. Gary Thompson

Gary Thompson Registered

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Neither the list view nor the spinner view works as well as car selection in any other sim out there. They are both also plagued by inconsistent and sometimes incoherent naming and sorting issues.

The UI needs a complete overhaul in this area (amongst others).

18. peterchen

peterchen Registered