Stock Car Rules List

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Aug 27, 2014.

1. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

Yellow-line Rule
    On the Super-speedways (Jacksonville, in rF2's case) a driver is NOT allowed to make a pass below the double-yellow line (apron). This rule doesn't prevent using the apron to avoid wrecks, safely coast back to pit, etc.., it only prevents a driver from improving position if his car goes below the yellow line. This rule does not apply to any race tracks other than the 2 super-speedways; at all other tracks a pass can be made below the line.

edit: oops, just saw that was mentioned 2 posts up. Sorry

2. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

3. AndyG

AndyG Registered

Don't rely on Wikipedia entries. They can be flawed. ISI - IMHO for specific rules, official racing series websites/contacts should be the only way to go (thus avoiding opinions and or misinterpretations, etc,etc).

4. bwana

bwana Registered

for pitlane speeding infringement rather than a drive through perhaps 10 seconds is added to pitstop. will help keep drivers interested in shorter pickup online races. Applied to speeding into pits. on pit exiting 10 seconds next stop.. I can see an issue on last of stops I guess.

5. zim2323

zim2323 Registered

Is someone from ISI reading through, and itemizing these suggestions and their different variations for each? I'd love to see this as an addition to Tim's first post so we aren't saying the same thing several times over.

Thanks!

6. mastpalermo

mastpalermo Registered

Caution for debris: the Safety Car enters on the track in presence of debris.

More than a warm-up lap before start.

Can implement this rule?

7. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Think Tim is on vacation. He hasn't replied to any emails or posts in awhile.

8. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Can't really go by suggestions here for the same reason. I'd agree to go with official sites for rules and such. Not sure what ISI is asking really cause of the info on official sites.

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

May be checking depth of interest.

10. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Who would enjoy the Stockcars if the Rules were implemented properly?

I know a lot of guys over the years would not stick around in rF1 due to the rules not being right for them.

Trust me I have sent a Ton of information to them on Rules that need to be corrected or implemented. I think that alone will attract a lot of Oval racers.

11. Buster Snm

Buster Snm Registered

This is correct however it must be noted that if a caution should fall after you receive your drive thru it should change to end of longest line. I can't tell you how many times i have had to complete a drive thru after the caution fell wait for it to go green so i could serve the drive thru... Thats not fun.

12. Buster Snm

Buster Snm Registered

I don't mind this but it should be optional for debris cautions. Allow us to turn it on or off. Warm-up laps are configured in the gdb or tdf by track builders.

13. Chefmark

Chefmark Registered

How we going to handle after the race fights? That's a big part of Stock Car Racing :)

14. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

Animations :)

15. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

Pit lane rule if the pit lane is used to avoid a wreck on the track -- Think it states if you use the pit lane to avoid a wreck you will not get a penalty as long as you steadily slow down to pit road speed and do not stop in your pit.

16. mschreiner

mschreiner Registered

That will be a hard one to do as the game has to know if you are trying to avoid a wreck when you go flying down pit road. The game basically knows you entered, checks your speed and when you exit. It would be cool if they programmed the game to be smart enough to determine if you were avoiding a wreck type algorithm.

I will be happy if they just get the main rules in! Proper Speeding penalties under Green & yellow, Double file restarts with Lucky Dog and Wave Around cars. If they got those in the main Stockcar release and added more minor stuff as we go I would be thrilled!

I think there is some exciting stuff coming in the next few months! At least we can hope!

17. CrashMaster

CrashMaster Registered

I guess the key would be the driver does not stop in the pits but they do reduce down to the speed limit...

18. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

I don't know if it was mentioned already but there should also be somekind of pause function when it starts to rain. I think with all those improvements of rf2 and the whole dynamic weather and day-night circles it should be there somewhere that u cannot enter the track in wet conditions. but its just a suggestion i know nobody wants to stay in the pits and wait till the rain is gone but the weather system is already implemented so it should be an option in the game too. but just my opinion i don't know how other people think about it.

19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

I wouldn't want that. If you want it realistic (thus no racing in the rain) then just set the game up that it won't rain ;) But that is just my opinion

20. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

You misunderstood me here, i think a rule should be implemented if it starts to rain. If you setup your weather to always sunny and 30° you don't get affected by the rule at all. Its just for rainy conditions and random weather or even the real weather plugin.