Survey About Simracing & Habits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by szekto, Aug 17, 2014.

1. szekto

szekto Registered

Hello!

First of all, I'm so sorry if I post this stuff at the wrong place, I haven't found a better place here.

I would like to make a survey about the world's simracing community. If you have 2 minutes free time, please fill out the following form. The survey is fully anonym, so you don't need any e-mail address.

The form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dRQB0YTpCWIRhX649IpErwTz8avyAU17BOAmvbNNfvk/viewform?usp=send_form

The results will be available for everyone. This is NOT an academical survey, it's just a simple survey, which is started by my curiosity. (And as I get a lot of feedbacks, people are curious about this topic too.)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Interesting initiative. Your form is inadequate, I stated that I never race on line and I have no interest in it, but I have been obliged to respond to questions about on line racing. Cheers.

3. szekto

szekto Registered

I don't understand your problem. I mean, I understood it, but it's easy to solve.

Firstly, if you stated that you've never played online, after that, that doesn't mean that you never want to try it. So these questions for those people like you, is for that 'what if' case. (And never say never!)

Secondly, I couldn't able to solve in the form that those people shouldn't answer for these questions which are about online racing.

Thirdly, I could do that you didn't have to answer for every question, BUT my own experience is in that case people don't fill the form correctly -> which means you will have much more false results than like just now.

Cheers.

4. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

It is flawed in a way, I agree... I wanted to submit the form, but three categories needs to be filled out, which I have no desire to do... I race online, but I don't want to take part in a league, so of course I don't care about how many races there are in a league season, or which cars, or which sim I'd like to run a season with. Should be a box to tick, which says " I NO CARE " or something similar in these categories :)

5. szekto

szekto Registered

Good idea! (Just wondering how could I forget that option!)

Now there's a 'None' options at the online champ questions.

Corrected, thanks! :)

6. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

The "online career" of several old drivers started with GPL, moving to Nascar 2002 and then to Nascar 2003 (it had also Trans Am contents, so to have road physics) before to move to more recent games, so adding those two games in the list might help in order to have a more accurate survey. :)

7. szekto

szekto Registered

The survey's deadline is: 29th August, Friday, 23:59 !

Results will be posted (hopefully) in the middle of next week.

8. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Which motorsport series do you like?

Many people prefer Historics and this category is missing from the list.

9. Paul Swire

Paul Swire Registered

+1

Yes please add historics to your list.

10. szekto

szekto Registered

11. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

My initial impression of your final numbers has me thinking that "new" PC sim drivers are attracted to AC and thus the higher responses for "having tried" that title rather than the staples (rF1.GTL, GTR2, 07, GPL) that some of us "veterans" have used the past 10 years. I've not tried it myself, but I guess it helps to have a second title (rF2 being the other) that draws new enthusiasts to the hobby.

12. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

I like how Assetto Corsa was well ahead in the "online" questions, but the last two times I tried racing online there, there were a total of 8 people online.......7 the first try, and ONE the next.

13. Minibull

Minibull Member

Your lucky to have even raced online in AC. I still cannot work out how to join a server, even when the server is in a practice session. XD

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I almost wish I hadn't joined the few AC servers I had 'success' in joining... the driving standard is almost as low as in the old Codemasters public servers. Atrocious stuff. Won't be doing that again any time soon.